LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN....ALREADY????

glennb2112

Someone on cygnus-x1 said they heard on planet rock that Rush will be doing some limited European Dates. Anyone confirm this crazy ass rumor?

Heheheh, it's over, my friend. It's time for people to face the reality. Rush, as you know them, will NEVER tour again.

• Like 3

Someone on cygnus-x1 said they heard on planet rock that Rush will be doing some limited European Dates. Anyone confirm this crazy ass rumor?

Heheheh, it's over, my friend. It's time for people to face the reality. Rush, as you know them, will NEVER tour again.

All right, Bard. :LOL:

• Like 6

FOH, did Rush and crew have a big farewell party?

"As you know them". Hmmmmmm. ;)

They had an after party, I do know that..Farewell no. End of tour yes.

• Like 2

Was it right after the LA show, or did they have one the next day?

Same day..at the Forum. Saw some photos posted on Facebook. I am not an insider.

• Like 1

Same day..at the Forum. Saw some photos posted on Facebook. I am not an insider.

Must have been quite the bash. I would have loved to have been there sitting quietly in a corner just observing.

Notice he said TOUR.

If this turns out to be true I'll try to catch as may shows as I can! I'll start saving my pennies right now, so that in case it does really happen I'm able to buy those tickets :LOL: :lol:

But I'm being realistic at the same time as well: I'm afraid FOH may be right ;)

Unfortunately, these speculation threads will never end unless the band releases an official statement and says that they're done. From everything that has been said, it really looks like this is the last full tour they'll ever do. It's possible they can come out with a new album in a few years and maybe to do some residencies like Alex said, but it seems going to Europe is out of the question at this point.

At the very least, we should get some solo material/tour from Geddy and possibly Geddy and Alex record stuff together with new band members under a different name. I do believe that Neil is flat out done with touring. He may still record stuff but he isn't touring anymore.

• Like 1

I have given up hope.

I do believe that Rush will release more music.

I do believe that Rush will play some concerts live.

But I don´t think they will ever come to Europe again. It is to far away from their homes.

Right now I am just happy that I saw them live 3 times. Thou I am kinda down right now... I am sad that I never could see them on this amazing tour...

I have given up hope.

But I don´t think they will ever come to Europe again. It is to far away from their homes.

Right now I am just happy that I saw them live 3 times. Thou I am kinda down right now... I am sad that I never could see them on this amazing tour...

I feel the same. I'm sad I wasn't able to attend a show on this tour in person, but at least I have the Blu-Ray to look forward. Also, I feel happy about having seen them at all.

I have given up hope.

I feel the same. I'm sad I wasn't able to attend a show on this tour in person, but at least I have the Blu-Ray to look forward. Also, I feel happy about having seen them at all.

It's not the distance.

Do you men realize the cost involved in doing it? Sweden isn't down the road from North America you know. It would cost them millions just to transport equipment and crew.

• Like 2

There's two separate scenarios that will play out....

The usual post tour announcement a few months later when the next set of tour dates shows up on Ticketmaster,

or

The nothing shows up, and everyone sits and hopes that someone announces a tour scenario, and everyone gets anxious about things...

There's a rule that you live by as a scuba diver, and it applies here:

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

I've said in a few threads about this already, every tour over the past several I've walked out of my show and thought "well that's probably the last time, what a great show, glad I got to see them this tour, etc."...went home and waited for the recording to pop up online so I could download it, and go about my life. When another tour was announced, and I saw that I was able to make a show...BONUS....If they go again, and I can attend: BONUS...if not....what can I do? :huh: I have the recordings...

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

I have given up hope.

It's not the distance.

Do you men realize the cost involved in doing it? Sweden isn't down the road from North America you know. It would cost them millions just to transport equipment and crew.

I understand that, and I'm fine with it. As I previously said, I have the Blu-Ray to look forward to and I'm glad of that.

• Like 1

I have given up hope.

It's not the distance.

They have done it every tour since R30 Tour. What stop them to do it now then?

I have given up hope.

It's not the distance.

R40 was probably one of, if not the biggest production they ever did. It would have cost them a lot more money to bring it to Europe, so that was probably a big reason. Also, I don't think any of them, especially Neil, want to be that far from home again for a long period of time.

• Like 2

I have given up hope.

It's not the distance.

R40 was probably one of, if not the biggest production they ever did. It would have cost them a lot more money to bring it to Europe, so that was probably a big reason. Also, I don't think any of them, especially Neil, want to be that far from home again for a long period of time.

I was recently talking to a good friend of mine at an event, (who lives in the mid west, and was able to go to two shows on this tour) His OPINION is that if they DO add more dates to the R40 tour, they would add more to the US and Canada, and end in Pittsburgh (since that was the first official show with Neil) or Cleveland. Although he highly doubts that it's gonna happen...He also said that he had the opinion that they were going to add more dates earlier in the tour, but as things started playing out, he felt that things seemed to be coming to a close.

(I just told him that I didn't care what they did as long as they did a whole week in Hershey, I'd be a happy camper)(he snorted wine through his nose)

They toured for 3 months + 2 month rehearsals in 2015.... total of 5 months work plus 2 breaks of about 10 days.. then .7 months home getting fat and stiff plus some family traveling... and will be back by spring 2016...you will see.Enough rest them working boys !!...they are at the top of their game, what a waste to stop now....the rare oak drum set plus the trailers of guitars and basses should be played for human enjoyment or otherwise be donated to charity !!! :rush: IMHO. ;)

They toured for 3 months + 2 month rehearsals in 2015.... total of 5 months work plus 2 breaks of about 10 days.. then .7 months home getting fat and stiff plus some family traveling... and will be back by spring 2016...you will see.Enough rest them working boys !!...they are at the top of their game, what a waste to stop now....the rare oak drum set plus the trailers of guitars and basses should be played for human enjoyment or otherwise be donated to charity !!! :rush: IMHO. ;)

In my humble little opinion...if they took two months off, then started a second US leg, I'd have an easier time believing that, as opposed to seeing them out on tour in 2016 taking off seven months and losing their "chops". I think they'd only need 3-5 days of woodshedding at this point after a few month layoff. (and if they'd do a 2016 tour, they'd have to call it the R41 tour....) (not out of the question from a marketing standpoint)

Now with that in mind....Neil won't be taking a few months off and leaving his little girl home alone with mommy for Christmas! (so that negates those ideas)

Edited by Jaminbenb

Must have been quite the bash. I would have loved to have been there sitting quietly in a corner just observing.

I think I posted this somewhere on here but my buddy got into the after party. He saw Neil walking around in a denim jacket. Terry Brown was there. He got his picture with Alex. He saw the Foo Fighter guys. He saw Chad Smith and Paul Rudd. Neil left early of course but everyone else stayed until around 2:30 am.

Oh jeez, Stewart Copeland was also there.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1