Just listened to The Fountain of Lamenth for the first time in its entirety

DirkPrattLerxst

Never listened to it fully before because I thought it was a bunch of noisy drug-fueled metal.

:o

Whatever gave you that idea?

Must have been BTLS when they were discussing being high making much of the album. It came out pretty damn good in my view and most bands made their music that way back in those days of course and look how great a time it was for music. Interesting... :smoke:
  • Like 2

Never listened to it fully before because I thought it was a bunch of noisy drug-fueled metal.

Must have been BTLS when they were discussing being high making much of the album. It came out pretty damn good in my view and most bands made their music that way back in those days of course and look how great a time it was for music. Interesting... :smoke:

I would have still listened to it, wouldn't you? Who would take Rush's word for anything??? :LOL: :ph34r:

Young Alex plays his heart out on that song. Still makes me laugh when I listen to it.

• Like 1

I always thought the drum solo was bizarre and the LISTEN was just too much :LOL:

• Like 1

I would have still listened to it, wouldn't you? Who would take Rush's word for anything??? :LOL: :ph34r:

Young Alex plays his heart out on that song. Still makes me laugh when I listen to it.

Of course. Even I have listened to the entire catalog at this point (kicking and screaming) and I learned that there was some really good stuff I missed over the many years. I also learned what I thought I already knew but couldn't prove that there was some real crap (sometimes people love crap :LOL: ) too and plenty of it. I just wish some of the younger around here would go all the way back but hey I am a hard head myself so who am I to ask or wish for such a thing?... :)
  • Like 2

I always thought the drum solo was bizarre and the LISTEN was just too much :LOL:

I first heard the album when I was in my mid-teens, about 1987-'88. I remember I listened to it in the basement, on a weekend night, and I had all the lights off. I remember The Necromancer completely freaked me out, listening to it in that setting, almost like a bizarre Bela Lugosi kind of moment :LOL: ...and Didacts and Narpets had the same effect on me just a few minutes later, too.

Edit- But, by the way- I flippin' loved it!!

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

I think the drum work does a great job representing teenage angst and frustration.

I can't believe these words are being typed by me, but I think this is my favorite epic somehow. Mostly because I never figured out what it was about until I was able to read some lyrics once the internet came along. I just think the lyrics are so clever - the multi layers to them, plus just awesome songs. In retrospect, I think Book 2 is still my favorite, but TFoL is just awesome regardless.

I can't believe these words are being typed by me, but I think this is my favorite epic somehow. Mostly because I never figured out what it was about until I was able to read some lyrics once the internet came along. I just think the lyrics are so clever - the multi layers to them, plus just awesome songs. In retrospect, I think Book 2 is still my favorite, but TFoL is just awesome regardless.

Your post is hard on aging eyes. :codger:

It took me five years of being a fan to hear it for the first time.

And I've still not heard Rush or Fly By Night in their entirety.

You got to spend some time with Fly By Night. Anthem and ByTor and the Snow dog are awesome!

Heard thems. Hell, listened to the final Hold Your Fire song I had never heard yesterday.

You got to spend some time with Fly By Night. Anthem and ByTor and the Snow dog are awesome!

Heard thems. Hell, listened to the final Hold Your Fire song I had never heard yesterday.

The famous n2 hated song high water? Did u like it?

The famous n2 hated song high water? Did u like it?

Very much so!

An anagram for "Lamenth" is LAME!

What a horrible song. It's too long and actually the production sucks.

I prefer anything on "Vapor Trails" over this tripe.

Keep it up Earl, and it's back to the grapevine for you!

;)

HAHAHA!! Classic! It's back to the Grapevine for me! Hey! Have you "Heard It Through The Grapevine?" "Caress Of Steel" SUCKS!!!! ;)

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

An anagram for "Lamenth" is LAME!

What a horrible song. It's too long and actually the production sucks.

I prefer anything on "Vapor Trails" over this tripe.

"MENTHAL"

Have a minty cigarette and relax!

COS is the album that turned my fling with a couple of Zeppelin sound-alikes into a full fledged love affair forever. Coming out at the same time I discovered a certain illegal herb only made it better. Like others on this board, I prefer Necromancer and that is where I start when I spin the Cd player in my car but Lamneth is something I prefer hearing before cycling back to Bastille Day, etc.