Just listened to The Fountain of Lamenth for the first time in its entirety

DirkPrattLerxst

Never listened to it fully before because I thought it was a bunch of noisy drug-fueled metal. I was so wrong! It's simply a masterwork and what really stands out to me is how Geddy sings so emotionally in the song and it really brings out the story. Those three guys can produce one hell of a sound ;)
  • Like 11

Never listened to it fully before because I thought it was a bunch of noisy drug-fueled metal. I was so wrong! It's simply a masterwork and what really stands out to me is how Geddy sings so emotionally in the song and it really brings out the story. Those three guys can produce one hell of a sound ;)

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:
  • Like 1

I like the majority of it, but I have to be in the mood to listen all the way through. It gets a little tedious by the end. LOVE when those first power chords kick in and it's a fine warmup for 2112. I think Necromancer is the real underrated gem on CoS though.

An anagram for "Lamenth" is LAME!

What a horrible song. It's too long and actually the production sucks.

I prefer anything on "Vapor Trails" over this tripe.

Keep it up Earl, and it's back to the grapevine for you!

;)

• Like 1

It took me five years of being a fan to hear it for the first time.

And I've still not heard Rush or Fly By Night in their entirety.

You got to spend some time with Fly By Night. Anthem and ByTor and the Snow dog are awesome!

It's a great song, but out of the three huge epics it's clearly in last place with me.

My pick of the sidelong epics, and one of the best Rush songs full stop!

What it lacks for in polish it makes up for with emotion and spontaneity.

• Like 1

Learn something new every day. Something tells me you haven't given the Debut much of a shot in the past either. Maybe even Fly By Night... :codger:

Learn something new every day. Something tells me you haven't given the Debut much of a shot in the past either. Maybe even Fly By Night... :codger:

I've given FBN a shot and I quite like it. Some great straightforward rock. I do not own the debit however...

• Like 1

Good tune! I always though the Bacchus Plateau part could have been its own song, and would have made a great single.

I think the best part is No one at the Bridge. The guitar transports me to another place, it's just magnificent. The rest is great as well.

I've given FBN a shot and I quite like it. Some great straightforward rock. I do not own the debit however...

FBN is certainly a different sound than COS and the Debut even different than both of those. To listen to the Debut - 2112 is a great exercise in my opinion. The change and development is striking and yet it's still all good to great at least in my opinion...
  • Like 4