Irvine, Los Angles, and a symbolic wave of goodbye from Neil....

LeaveMyThingAlone

I'd like to see them do a theater tour...no crazy lights, props, screens, etc. I think that would be a cool thing to see...but I think the fact that most of their music is a tough "play" is the underlying problem with them continuing....this ISN'T easy RNR like Rolling Stones (who has mostly backup musicians playing, anyway) or James Taylor-like stuff that's just neat acoustic rock...it takes some physical ability to play this stuff.

The fact that they need to warm up for rehearsals is enough to prove that this is taxing on the body!

Actually the financial argument against touring to me makes no sense...the money today is actually in performing....but the "Neil argument" to me favors them recording as I explained before...I think the guy enjoys that aspect far more and regards touring as a neccesary chore....

A limited run on a smaller scale with less crew financially makes sense to me.

But who knows?

I do think more music will happen.....

I don't think large tours will.....

Perhaps they'll pull a Pete Sampras. That is, winning the U.S. Open (the site of his first slam), not announcing his retirement, and retiring quietly into the sunset. Don't even remember any retirement announcement from him. Nobody held that against him and his legacy. This isn't sports but it's still entertainment and I can imagine Rush doing it...though I'm not saying they'll do exactly that. Just saying I can imagine it happening that way.
  • Like 2

I think Rush is going to make music as well...not just Geddy not just Alex...not just Geddy and Alex...but Rush with all 3....Neil has I think for a long time wished Rush to be a studio act...he has never publically really had a bad thing to say of the recording experience...and I believe that's the part he truly loves...and has documentd in words in tourbooks for years....I think he likes the creative firing of all cylinders thing...its the touring he hasn't really been wild about for 30 years...

My first show was Signals...my 2nd...g/p....my friends and I waited by the busses as teens...Alex and Geddy were friendly waving to all....Neil?... as soon as he was spotted coming out of the Civic Arena tunnel....he sprinted to the bus..no smile no wave..wearing a yellow shirt and braided ponytail...actually remember him looking afraid....that's long before his personal tradegies too....

You saw them do The Weapon? For all I know, you may be among those who dislike the song, but I love it. It's one thing to listen to it, another to watch them do it. That must've been some moment.

• Like 2

I wonder if Ged, Alex , Or Neil cried after they exited the stage...

♥♥♥♥♪♪

I think it's very safe to assume Neil didn't cry. At all.

Geddy, no - he is very disciplined.

Alex - if any one of them would have, it would have been him, but I think he is in such pain with his hands that even though I think he felt very bad, he was relieved it was over.

• Like 1

I think a lot of the emotion about this tour is because people think they'll never see them again. They obviously went all out on everything. (Except the merchandise which has been sorely lacking) The song choices, bringing back Xanadu with the doublenecks, the light show....etc.
  • Like 3

I think Rush is going to make music as well...not just Geddy not just Alex...not just Geddy and Alex...but Rush with all 3....Neil has I think for a long time wished Rush to be a studio act...he has never publically really had a bad thing to say of the recording experience...and I believe that's the part he truly loves...and has documentd in words in tourbooks for years....I think he likes the creative firing of all cylinders thing...its the touring he hasn't really been wild about for 30 years...

My first show was Signals...my 2nd...g/p....my friends and I waited by the busses as teens...Alex and Geddy were friendly waving to all....Neil?... as soon as he was spotted coming out of the Civic Arena tunnel....he sprinted to the bus..no smile no wave..wearing a yellow shirt and braided ponytail...actually remember him looking afraid....that's long before his personal tradegies too....

You saw them do The Weapon? For all I know, you may be among those who dislike the song, but I love it. It's one thing to listen to it, another to watch them do it. That must've been some moment.

I did...complete with Count Floyd...and Countdown which was incredible....

Pearts red Tamas sparkled....Alex wore a white jacket I think...

I just missed seeing the MP tour...so it was amazing...bought a Signals baseball shirt that night too.

Never missed a tour after that...watched the fanbase grow and diversify....felt like Rush went more from cult band to a wider audience by the time they toured Power Windows...never would have guessed Id be seeing them in 2015...no way.

I love the Weapon...and Signals...since it was my first tour its always gonna be special to me....

The final bow...after seeing it ...looked to me like Alex was all smiles BUT was on the verge of almost crying right there...definitely it looked like a tough moment for him to me...just my observation.

Edited by JBsDWdrums
  • Like 3

♥♥♥♥♪♪

Alex - if any one of them would have, it would have been him, but I think he is in such pain with his hands that even though I think he felt very bad, he was relieved it was over.

I bet they all cried. Neil is a very feeling guy. If you read his books you get that about him. He's passionate about a lot of things, just doesn't feel comfortable showing it around people he doesn't know or feels threatened by. Geddy looked like he was going to break down any minute at the end of the show. What an end.

• Like 5

I did...complete with Count Floyd...and Countdown which was incredible....

Pearts red Tamas sparkled....Alex wore a white jacket I think...

I just missed seeing the MP tour...so it was amazing...bought a Signals baseball shirt that night too.

Never missed a tour after that...watched the fanbase grow and diversify....felt like Rush went more from cult band to a wider audience by the time they toured Power Windows...never would have guessed Id be seeing them in 2015...no way.

Alex wore one of those gauzy jackets that was popular at the time. They were light weight and very comfortable.

♥♥♥♥♪♪

I bet they all cried. Neil is a very feeling guy. If you read his books you get that about him. He's passionate about a lot of things, just doesn't feel comfortable showing it around people he doesn't know or feels threatened by. Geddy looked like he was going to break down any minute at the end of the show. What an end.

Did he really?

• Like 1

♥♥♥♥♪♪

He has said the pain is more in his feet than his hands. Lets make sure we have all the available info.

• Like 1

♥♥♥♥♪♪

Look at the final song that's everywhere on Youtube.... Look at Geddy just jamming Garden Road in front of the stage looking into emptyness.... This is NOT a guy who's happy this is ending.... Look at Neil and his giddiness (No pun intended) leaving his kit the EXACT second the show ends, like a kid who just finished school... He COULDN"T wait to get out of there.... Look at his "bye bye!" and the way he bolts off the stage.... Look at Alex, standing there, not knowing what to do... Look at Geddy saying " "I" truly hope we'll see each other again".... Then taking a final look at the stage, heartbroken (And I think saying "Bye bye" to it)... (And the tap on the back from the roadie who probably knew how Geddy was feeling as he was handing him his bass) All the info we need is there..... The old expression goes "There wasn't a dry eye in the house" well, yes there were... TWO! Neil's eyes.... He was so happy to get out of there, I found it almost indecent.... I don't think we'll see Neil again.... Mosbach posted that "End Of The Road" pic after the show.... That Anderson guy's tweet... John Good... These are all people related to Neil (Don't think Al & Geddy have much of a relationship with any of those).... The only 2 people always saying in interviews that it's not the end are Geddy and Alex.... Someone wrote here on the board (Earl??) that Neil left the party pretty quick, while Geddy & Alex stayed 'til 2:30.... It's all there..... Geddy & Alex are on their own.....

On another note, saw somwewhere that in recent weeks, some idiots went and broke every remaining thing at Le Studio (Exterior windows, etc...) I TRULY hope that Rush fans who visit that place aren't doing that stuff........... The stupid media went and talked about the whole thing this Spring... Well... They probably just ended up doing the building in......... Now every idiot in town will go and party and squat and break everything... Way to go....

• Like 1

♥♥♥♥♪♪

Look at the final song that's everywhere on Youtube.... Look at Geddy just jamming Garden Road in front of the stage looking into emptyness.... This is NOT a guy who's happy this is ending.... Look at Neil and his giddiness (No pun intended) leaving his kit the EXACT second the show ends, like a kid who just finished school... He COULDN"T wait to get out of there.... Look at his "bye bye!" and the way he bolts off the stage.... Look at Alex, standing there, not knowing what to do... Look at Geddy saying " "I" truly hope we'll see each other again".... Then taking a final look at the stage, heartbroken (And I think saying "Bye bye" to it)... (And the tap on the back from the roadie who probably knew how Geddy was feeling as he was handing him his bass) All the info we need is there..... The old expression goes "There wasn't a dry eye in the house" well, yes there were... TWO! Neil's eyes.... He was so happy to get out of there, I found it almost indecent.... I don't think we'll see Neil again.... Mosbach posted that "End Of The Road" pic after the show.... That Anderson guy's tweet... John Good... These are all people related to Neil (Don't think Al & Geddy have much of a relationship with any of those).... The only 2 people always saying in interviews that it's not the end are Geddy and Alex.... Someone wrote here on the board (Earl??) that Neil left the party pretty quick, while Geddy & Alex stayed 'til 2:30.... It's all there..... Geddy & Alex are on their own.....

On another note, saw somwewhere that in recent weeks, some idiots went and broke every remaining thing at Le Studio (Exterior windows, etc...) I TRULY hope that Rush fans who visit that place aren't doing that stuff........... The stupid media went and talked about the whole thing this Spring... Well... They probably just ended up doing the building in......... Now every idiot in town will go and party and squat and break everything... Way to go....

I agree with everything you said except the part about Neil. His taking pictures of the guys and the audiences was so cool. He left his kit when the show ended so he could run up front with the other two guys. Just the fact that he came up front was a big deal. You could tell by his face that he was choked up, as were they all.were. Give Neil a break. People always mistake his being uncomfortable with dislike.

• Like 6

I hate to say it... Being a drummer... NP being a big part of my fandom and all... But I agree on the almost seeming indecent comment...I felt the same ... Not quite a "dickish" move... But pretty close ...

No wonder I remembered the p/g bus sprint while reading this thread...

Alex did look lost... And doing his best to hold it together....Lee even shot Alex a quick glance after NP left...

• Like 1

♥♥♥♥♪♪

:goodone:

That's why I want to watch the end of the show so I can see what I pick up on them.

Where did you get the info about the party?

That is an incredible display of fan projection. "All the info we need is there?" "Indecent?" Are you kidding?

No offense, but who are you (or any of us?) to assume what is going through the mind of an artist who is known for being an intensely private person and has readily (and repeatedly!) admitted in interviews that they're shy and awkward when it comes to emotions? Only one person truly knows how Neil Peart felt at the end of a major tour (and the end of this chapter of Rush), and his name is Neil Peart.

Posts like this are ultimately disrespectful speculation. These guys have given their fans so much. They don't deserve fans assuming their personal feelings and emotions.

• Like 10

It was tough seeing them leave the stage from the scoper's feed that I was watching at the end who was seated on the Stage Left side right next to the stage. I sobbed when I saw them leaving the stage live and direct.

And when I watched that YT video from the 2nd row a few hours later I sobbed again. Can't handle seeing that particular goodbye again that well ATM :(

• Like 2