Led Zeppelin "In Through The Out Door" reissue

Mr. JD

I received the new reissue/remaster CD of "In Through The Out Door" today. My second favorite LZ album. It sounds excellent. Jimmy Page really brought this release to life. Another interesting thing is like the original LP, the CD came packaged in a little brown paper bag.
  • Like 3

My original sounds bad for the most part and it has nothing to do with the mastering... :)
  • Like 1

I received the new reissue/remaster CD of "In Through The Out Door" today. My second favorite LZ album. It sounds excellent. Jimmy Page really brought this release to life. Another interesting thing is like the original LP, the CD came packaged in a little brown paper bag.

I haven't listened to that album in a long time...I'd be interested to hear the newest edition.

Edited by Blue J

I haven't listened to that album in a long time...I'd be interested to hear the newest edition.

Are there different songs on it?... :eh:

Are there different songs on it?... :eh:

Same songs as the LP. There is a second disc of alternate mixes of the songs though. I haven't listened to it yet.

Mr JD, I guess you and I are the minority: I love this album as well, and from what I heard, it's the reissue that benefited the mostra from the remastering Jimi did.

It does sound really good. I have 4 of the reissues and I think this one sounds the best. Physical Graffiti and Houses Of The Holy sound much better than the originals also. IV is somewhat better but its not as apparent to me.

Excellent, underrated album. Fool in the Rain and Carouselambra are great. Even Hot Dog is funny rockabilly.

Better album than Presence, which has only one great song (Achilles). Tea For One, for example, is boring as hell.

• Like 2

Excellent, underrated album. Fool in the Rain and Carouselambra are great. Even Hot Dog is funny rockabilly.

Better album than Presence, which has only one great song (Achilles). Tea For One, for example, is boring as hell.

Tea For One is hugely overrated.

Funny how ITTOD is regarded as a keyboard-dominated album, but at the same time it has some of Jimi's greatest guitar solos: In the Evening, South Bound Saurez, I'm Gonna Crawl...and All My Love takes the silver medal for tackiest keyboard solo in rock history, with Light My Fire taking gold by a landslide.

Funny how ITTOD is regarded as a keyboard-dominated album, but at the same time it has some of Jimi's greatest guitar solos: In the Evening, South Bound Saurez, I'm Gonna Crawl...and All My Love takes the silver medal for tackiest keyboard solo in rock history, with Light My Fire taking gold by a landslide.

You know... Led Zep was my "first band". I worshipped them. Still do.

They moved to "progressive waters" with ITTOD and tried something new. They experimented with a lot of interesting stuff.

That era tried to take rock music one step forward... but then came punk and took it 20 years backwards. Album like ITTOD was bound to get bad reviews... using synths was a major no-no... Tom Scholtz even recorded Third Stage (great album tho) 100% without synths... it was something to brag about. Ridiculous.

Somehow I've always felt that ITTOD has some similar elements as Moving Pictures. Can't put my finger on it... but it represents the same era of rock music. MP of course is much more complete album... but as a lifelong Zep fan I always thought that Rush's 80's albums continued where Zep ended. When Rush took the keyboards away they lost their magic... when they came back with CA (songs like The Garden) the magic was back. Big time. Also... the Presence sucks (besides Achilles of course) partly because the material isn't that great... partly because JPJ's keyboard have been mixed so "behind everything".

It would have been interesting to hear more keyboard-oriented Zep albums.

Probably doesn't make any sense but I wrote it anyway. :D

Edited by Detonator
  • Like 1

Why do you guys who love In Through the Out

Door so much have to bash Presence? Presence is a great record!

I can't even go away for a couple of hours... :eyeroll:

• Like 1

Presence is a good album... a band like Zep has never made a bad one.

Achilles is among the best songs Zep ever recorded... .but in their catalog is among the worst as an ALBUM, imho. Coda has its moment (Bonzo's Montreux, Wearing and Tearing) but that's their worst. Presence close second. PG isn't all that great, either.

Why?

It's called.... "music taste". :D

Edited by Detonator

I have Presence remaster and the companion disc is just OK. Royal Orleans on the second disc is just terrible.

Looks like CODA has a lot of 'goodies' on it.

ITTOD is a great album. In the Evening, Caroselambra are fantastic Zep tunes.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Mr JD, I guess you and I are the minority: I love this album as well, and from what I heard, it's the reissue that benefited the mostra from the remastering Jimi did.

I've always enjoyed it. It has a lot of personality, I think, plus some genius musicianship.

I geard All My Love on the car radio today, and was struck how it sounds like it was made as a transition song for Plant to launch a solo career. Strange how things turned out...
  • Like 2

I geard All My Love on the car radio today, and was struck how it sounds like it was made as a transition song for Plant to launch a solo career. Strange how things turned out...

It does sound more like a Plant song than a Zep one.