Kevin J. Anderson Tweet

FountainOfSyrinx

this "nobody" doesn't know the future just as the members of the band don't know. the only thing we all know is that this is the last full-blown tour like they've been doing for 40+ years. that doesn't mean that it's the end of the band or the end of their musical careers. after listening to alex's interview with eddie trunk, it sounds like geddy is really enjoying playing and performing now (as is alex). i can see both of them working with other artists over the next few years while neil spends time with his family. i'm quite certain that we will hear from both geddy and alex outside the context of rush. maybe we will get another recording- maybe not. maybe we will get some special shows here and there- maybe not. nobody knows. the great thing is that if this was the last concert and "clockwork angels" was their last recording, then they went out on the highest note possible!
  • Like 2

Who cares what this guy says?

I am not a reader but haven't you said he is a sh*tty writer before? Maybe he can't write a tweet properly either... :|
  • Like 2

Do I smell a witch hunt brewing? Everyone grab your torches and pitchforks...

EDIT: On second thought, I think it was just some chicken in the oven that I smelled burning... They are just like the same thing though..

Edited by pfrushfan0122

I am not a reader but haven't you said he is a sh*tty writer before? Maybe he can't write a tweet properly either... :|

I didn't care for his work either, but he is a friend and hiking pal of Neil's so he's closer to the band than 99.9% of us...just not really his place to 'speak' for the band. If it was a post concert adrenaline/after-party drunk tweet fine, but take it down!

• Like 3

In Neil's way of thinking, no more full tours traveling cross country probably is synonymous with "retirement." If they do a residency, or a Gilmour style mini tour, or Dead style five show celebration, he may consider that to be a temporary break from retirement.

In his mind, I believe he considers this a retirement. Best bet for next release is a Ged solo project, perhaps Alex guesting, and then they will call Neil in a few years and say pretty pretty please. If they are healthy, we have hope.

Watched Exit Stage Left before the big LA periscope last nite, and it's soooooo ironic Neil talking at length about how awesome the live concert performance is. (That was Neil??)

Yeah he's a crappy writer. This may just be what he's heard from other people rather than him being "in the know" about anything.

My basic understanding is he is pretty close to NP. Despite the general opinion here about his work and the quality of CA the novel, i think i recall NP praising it more than once. I dont agree with KJA necessarily, but i think there is credibility in what he says considering the assumptions all along have been that NP wants to "retire". Personally, I thin the 3 of them are closer than NP is to KJA so i also put credence in the p9ssibility of more music and a show or 2 sometime without all that goes along with touring. But most professionals do eventually retire from what has been their bread and butter.

So when or if they never tour again, or formally announce they're done, a lot of you wankers are going to feel silly but will probably never admit you were wrong.

I've never been wrong, ever. EVER! I am a wanker though.

• Like 1

So when or if they never tour again, or formally announce they're done, a lot of you wankers are going to feel silly but will probably never admit you were wrong.

Just going with what the band has said publicly a hundred zillion times, not reading tea leaves or between the lines, or what others believe they need to say. They don't know, they think they could do a little more, I certainly don't know.

Ged says he blesses his fans hearts every day. It would be beyond cruel for them to say privately what they refuse to say publicly. Just ain't their style.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

@HeadlongFlight huh? *I'm* not making any announcement. Everyone at the show said it was the last one I'd be happy if there were more.

I think he's just going by word of mouth at the show. He was there last night and was taking pictures from his seat. I think it was just an assumption

• Like 1

Who is Kevin J Anderson?

Alex without the wig.

Alex wears a rug? I was clueless about that. Looks so real.

Yeah, in many videos of him from recent years, when there is occasionally a glimpse of the top of his dome, its essentially hairless. He still has bangs in the front (possibly hair transplantation) that generally masks his relative baldness (provided he doesn't look down of course).

However, on this tour, the top of his dome appeared to be covered with hair, which suggests he's wearing a piece.

Neil's dashiki is likely covering up a bald dome as well.

Geddy however seems to have maintained a full head of hair.

Edited by rftag

Very well could be true, but like I said before, he shouldn't have posted it. B-Man leaked the GUP demos(I think that's what it was) early and he never had contact with the band again as far as I know.(and he was very close to the band)

Very well could be true, but like I said before, he shouldn't have posted it. B-Man leaked the GUP demos(I think that's what it was) early and he never had contact with the band again as far as I know.(and he was very close to the band)

Well, if he IS cut off then we'll know he's right.

But yeah B-Man was definitely a backstabbing fool.

Looks like his tweet was deleted. One must also remember that he is entitled to his opinion no matter how correct or incorrect it may be.

That being said, his word is completely unofficial. No matter how close he is to the band, he is not in the band. Period.

• Like 1

This guy was a huge part of Clockwork Angels.

Like he needed to give us MORE of a reason to dislike him