LA Show - Who was there?

DirkPrattLerxst

ME!!

Hope Robyn enjoyed her little Happy Birthday serenade from us.

she loved it thanks guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!! we are still recovering !!!!

I'm still in transit. My flight was canceled, so I got a room at the "Soak-n-Poke" motel. Very nice accommodations. Kinda like Inglewood except less traffic

Inglewood looked scary. And I'm from Chicago.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

As we were driving out, I noticed how many Rush fans were unwisely walking to God knows where well past the Forum. I prayed for them....

I know since the Forum was renovated they are giving financial incentives to to top artists to play there to make the Forum relevant again, but it's really an awful place to have a show like this. Being in Inglewood, there's no restaurants, bars, hotels, or anything around it to make it convenient for get togethers or anything else. Once the concert ends, the goal is to just get the hell out of there. But there are 3-4 places in LA that would have been so much better to play, including Staples Center in the middle of LA Live.

• Like 3

ME!!

I'm still in transit. My flight was canceled, so I got a room at the "Soak-n-Poke" motel. Very nice accommodations. Kinda like Inglewood except less traffic

As we were driving out, I noticed how many Rush fans were unwisely walking to God knows where well past the Forum. I prayed for them....

I know since the Forum was renovated they are giving financial incentives to to top artists to play there to make the Forum relevant again, but it's really an awful place to have a show like this. Being in Inglewood, there's no restaurants, bars, hotels, or anything around it to make it convenient for get togethers or anything else. Once the concert ends, the goal is to just get the hell out of there. But there are 3-4 places in LA that would have been so much better to play, including Staples Center in the middle of LA Live.

Yeah, I would have loved to see them at the Staples Center.

ME!!

Yeah, I would have loved to see them at the Staples Center.

the Forum is a better venue to see a band. And now they have that outdoor bar on the Northside with happy hour until 7:00 :)

Our group had to leave the Forum grounds to find a taxi. (Didn't want to wait in a line that was probably a block long!) There were some, uh, interesting characters out there. (There were so many concertgoers around, and on a busy street, so I didn't feel in danger, but I'm glad I wasn't there alone.)

• Like 2

Our group had to leave the Forum grounds to find a taxi. (Didn't want to wait in a line that was probably a block long!) There were some, uh, interesting characters out there. (There were so many concertgoers around, and on a busy street, so I didn't feel in danger, but I'm glad I wasn't there alone.)

We'll always have Jigga confessing about the five people he shot.

BTW Jigga, thanks for the shirt!

• Like 1

Hmm..wonder if that's the guy we bought our shirts from. He wanted $20 but we talked him down to $10. :D

• Like 1

ME!!

Once the concert ends, the goal is to just get the hell out of there.

Amen

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Hmm..wonder if that's the guy we bought our shirts from. He wanted $20 but we talked him down to $10. :D

Got mine for $4--Tom Healey was even amazed. Dude had a bullet tattooed on his neck Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Got mine for $4--Tom Healey was even amazed. Dude had a bullet tattooed on his neck

Did he? I missed that. Luckily!

ME!!

So you are,

At a strip joint? :LOL:

Home of the rub-n-tug

Rub n Tiz'zug. Hopefully not from Corey or Trevor.

• Like 2

What the hell is a Jigga?

Still feels a little bit surreal, but I was there. My feelings were on a rollercoaster ride that evening, but the show was so goooood.

It will surely take some weeks to realize what happened there.

Best :rush: experience ever.

• Like 4

The question you want to ask is who is Jigga?

• Like 2

I know he shot like 5 people....not us though
  • Like 1

You saved our souls, by payin' those 4 bucks. ;)

• Like 3

My mutti taught me how to do that you know. That, and a combination of living in the middle east and dealing with vendors
  • Like 1

My mutti taught me how to do that you know. That, and a combination of living in the middle east and dealing with vendors

I'm glad he didn't notice the camera. Too bad that G. hasn't filmed your conversation with that girl. Where was she from? No idea, but what I heard was pure barrage from you...priceless man. :LOL:

• Like 2

I'm glad he didn't notice the camera. Too bad that G. hasn't filmed your conversation with that girl. Where was she from? No idea, but what I heard was pure barrage from you...priceless man. :LOL:

I have kissed the blarney stone my man.
  • Like 1

Crazy thoughts on the forum shows. You guys make it out to be people being murdered by the thousands. Haven't recalled to many people being killed after a concert there or Hollywood park. You guys are paranoid. Baltimore is bad! Inglewood is a cake walk! Irvine was a better show. Forum was dismal and stuffy. No AC! It's always like that. Outside was cool to get food and drink. Irvine had better playing, sound and vibe. Forum was cool cause Neil did his long over due curtain call. It was a sad night. I will miss seeing them. Great 40 year ride and a big thanks to some great musicians. I have never seen a professional band be so freaking consitant decade after decade after decades after decade! They stay in shape chop wise to bring the goods night after night. I can't see myself doing that for 15 years never mind 41!

I kissed the sacred RUSH STONE MAN!

• Like 1

Did it bring a tear to your eye?