you know "it's over" when

garyg7133

I am getting teary eyed again this morning. What a great run for these guys. I am surprised that Geddy was not aware Neil was come down.

Thanks Bill for scoping to the end so I could see it all unfold live.

• Like 3

Right. By all means, we should read a likely spur-of-the-moment decision to run down and take a bow as a sign of a permanent career decision. Its the end of the tour. They'll be back.

Neil and his family live within driving distance, and it was the last show of the tour. I'd be shocked if his wife and daughter were not there, and they probably had at least some sort of lingering schmoozing to do before indefinitely closing up shop. No need to run to a tour bus and get quickly to the next bike run staging area. Just a drive home with the family to sleep in his own comfy bed. As much as Neil has a reputation for avoiding fans and aftershow hanging out, he does occasionally stay for such things, and this would be a likely occasion for him to stay and honor the end of an era--how could he not? Who knows? Maybe he even had fun partying after the show before going home.

I'm with Ron2112 on the "reading too much into this" wagon. It's the end of the tour, and barring any last-minute change of heart to go play a handful of shows outside N. America, it's probably the last big extended road trip, but I'm expecting this isn't the last we hear of Rush.

• Like 2

That might be the greatest Rush photo I have seen. :ebert: Wow! Look at the smiles!

That is a classic. Thanks for posting this one, Snaked.

In the past, I've asked the question here and elsewhere: "Suppose one night Neil came to the front of the stage and spoke to the audience....?" That scenario almost happened!!

Technically it did. Geddy's mic faintly catches Neil saying BYE BYE.

• Like 1

Neil and his family live within driving distance, and it was the last show of the tour. I'd be shocked if his wife and daughter were not there, and they probably had at least some sort of lingering schmoozing to do before indefinitely closing up shop. No need to run to a tour bus and get quickly to the next bike run staging area. Just a drive home with the family to sleep in his own comfy bed. As much as Neil has a reputation for avoiding fans and aftershow hanging out, he does occasionally stay for such things, and this would be a likely occasion for him to stay and honor the end of an era--how could he not? Who knows? Maybe he even had fun partying after the show before going home.

I'm with Ron2112 on the "reading too much into this" wagon. It's the end of the tour, and barring any last-minute change of heart to go play a handful of shows outside N. America, it's probably the last big extended road trip, but I'm expecting this isn't the last we hear of Rush.

Great post HTG. I agree, until we know more, all we know is what they have told us over and over again (thanks Neil...Young)! That it ain't over until the amazing drummer sings...

Regarding NEP taking a bow last nite, I had a great periscope side stage view, and he sprinted from the stage front, all the way to the back of the stage and down the stairs. As fast as ever. Perhaps he thought Marshall was eating his pastrami sandwich.

• Like 2

Regarding NEP taking a bow last nite, I had a great periscope side stage view, and he sprinted from the stage front, all the way to the back of the stage and down the stairs. As fast as ever. Perhaps he thought Marshall was eating his pastrami sandwich.

:D

• Like 1

That might be the greatest Rush photo I have seen. :ebert: Wow! Look at the smiles!

That is a classic. Thanks for posting this one, Snaked.

In the past, I've asked the question here and elsewhere: "Suppose one night Neil came to the front of the stage and spoke to the audience....?" That scenario almost happened!!

Technically it did. Geddy's mic faintly catches Neil saying BYE BYE.

If he had actually spoke directly into the mic, I don't think anyone would have heard him. The crowd would have absolutely exploded in jubilation..... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Right. By all means, we should read a likely spur-of-the-moment decision to run down and take a bow as a sign of a permanent career decision. Its the end of the tour. They'll be back.

Having a camera ready was not a spur of the moment decision.

We won't for sure until someone asks him.

You either plan to have a camera or you don't. Drummers just don't have cameras sitting around by accident.

lots of drummers in attendance last night (Doane, Chad, Taylor, Neil, Stewart?) Danny Carey was also spotted sitting with Chad and Taylor

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLa9TXoUMAEWABC.jpg

• Like 3

Last night was magical. Last time or not, there'll never be another Rush show like it for me. So deeply grateful I could participate and be there to experience it. Life is good!
  • Like 1

Interested to see the 1st post tour interview with Alex or Geddy
  • Like 1

I lost my periscope feed just at the end but was tracking all the posts on TRF. My take is that Neil has to show that he realizes the significance of the last R40 show (not as the end of it all) and wanted to do something special. Or he had been pining for a way to shock Alex into speachlessness as pay back for when Alex did the famous (and my favorite) Blah Blah Blah acceptance speech at the RRHOF. Which was the best acceptance speech of all times but was a surprise to Geddy & Neil. I still remember their faces as Alex brought the house down. Anyhoo I feel this was a wonderful ending of another chapter in the Novel of Rush but not the end of the book.