you know "it's over" when

garyg7133

Glad someone started its own thread because the live feed has too many people posting at the same time. But I don't know how conclusive it really is in the end. Yes there is a very high chance it was the last show but the future is never cemented in stone.

People are saying geddys last remarks were sentimental, emotional, etc. This no doubt will be their last MAJOR tour so he had to thank the crew and the USA and all that since the future is not for certain. Same thing goes for Neil coming down and waving. You knew there would be some emotion regardless because we all know it is the final major tour.

This still doesnt rule out one last big farewell in Toronto or whatever as far as I'm concerned.

What exactly did Geddy say?

He said 'On behalf (gets emotional, takes a pause and a deep breath).....I would like to thank on behalf of our crew, you for coming out for the last 40 years. Thank you so much, thank you United States of America. I hope we may meet again sometime. Good night!' or something close to that

• Like 1

He said 'On behalf (gets emotional, takes a pause and a deep breath).....I would like to thank on behalf of our crew, you for coming out for the last 40 years. Thank you so much, thank you United States of America. I hope we may meet again sometime. Good night!' or something close to that

Followed by "shut up Bard, see you all next year"

• Like 3

:( Aw, Ged… :hug2:

• Like 2

I think the pause from what I remember was more because Neil came up behind them and surprised them for the group hug? He didn't sound too emotional in terms of like choking up voice going out. He seemed relatively happy from what I remembered. But the youtube video will be up soon of course.
  • Like 1

I think the pause from what I remember was more because Neil came up behind them and surprised them for the group hug? He didn't sound too emotional in terms of like choking up voice going out. He seemed relatively happy from what I remembered. But the youtube video will be up soon of course.

Huh. Well the periscope I was watching didn't have fantastic audio...

I suspect some will not "get"what i mean by this, but i feel a bit like how i felt when i finally had to say goodbye to my dog. It was inevitable. When it was time, i would have given anything for one more week, but then THAT would be the end.

So Dog Years turned out to be a pretty relevant song after all. ☺

• Like 1

Neil ran to the front of the stage. After taking pictures of the crowd from behind the kit. Never heard Geddy thank the crew either.
  • Like 2

That might be the greatest Rush photo I have seen. :ebert: Wow! Look at the smiles!

That is a classic. Thanks for posting this one, Snaked.

• Like 10

That might be the greatest Rush photo I have seen. :ebert: Wow! Look at the smiles!

In the past, I've asked the question here and elsewhere: "Suppose one night Neil came to the front of the stage and spoke to the audience....?" That scenario almost happened!!

In the past, I've asked the question here and elsewhere: "Suppose one night Neil came to the front of the stage and spoke to the audience....?" That scenario almost happened!!

The lips aren't moving, but he is speaking to the audience. He's very warm and engaging. He's thanking us and showing us his feelings. Tonight, we are not strangers; tonight, we are long awaited friends.

• Like 7

Neil ran to the front of the stage. After taking pictures of the crowd from behind the kit. Never heard Geddy thank the crew either.

He did thank the crew, just before he was surprised by Neil's appearance, I believe. His short "speech" was kind of cut into two parts by the surprise.