Well, gang....what do we do now?

Khan

We should all get together to hug and bop our botties to the beat of Tai Shan.
  • Like 1

Some good ideas here.

1) Do you think Rush will tour again?

2) When do you think Rush's next album will be out?

3) Just for fun, let's do a setlist for the next tour.

4) What do you think the best R40 show was?

Repeat one through four over and over. For variation, improvise.

You are welcome.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Do what we've always done. There is life here even when they're not touring, believe it or not.

Perhaps binge watching Trek or Firefly

Maybe go to another web forum and speculate aboot that Battlestar Galactica movie "coming soon"?

It's coming any day now!!!! That place has already been given an enema. I think it needs a Hog Report.

Edited by Pound of Obscure

Wait............and goof around here. Answer mounds of when will Rush be back threads. cause ya know they're coming. lol.

Mick

We could make a poll!!!!

We can start predictng the set list for the next limited tour. That would be fun :beathorse: :smash: :bitchslap: :facepalm:

Only if it includes lots of never-played "vault" tracks.

:eyeroll:

• Like 1

As long as the PeWaves 70's or 80's album question remains unsettled, we have plenty of work to do here.

More dead horses to be beaten. :LOL:

• Like 2

As long as the PeWaves 70's or 80's album question remains unsettled, we have plenty of work to do here.

It's settled. There's a high degree of correlation between those who believe it's an 80s album with the belief that the moon landing was faked and that Tom Brady is telling the truth.

• Like 2

I have sort of an answer to that Permanent Waves' argument straight from the horse's mouth.

This is what Ray said about the reason why albums are released when they are:

Hypothetically, I would put a record out in January because a chart position was important, and the tour wasn’t starting until April. They (the U.S. label) would insist that they wanted it in the 4th quarter (of the past year) because that’s the biggest quarter (of music sales). I would say. “That’s great. The record will be over in four weeks.” And they thought, “It makes our year, our quarter, and it is probably going to sell as much in that quarter as it is going to sell anyway” blah blah blah. I’m like “no.” To this day, I still try to build this band. If I wanted to go out January or February, and do a release to coincide with the tour so that the record would be in the stores for 6 months rather than 6 weeks, I didn’t care ultimately if it sold the same amount. I ultimately cared that it built the band. Keep in mind, at every American label we were at, we ended up with people who hadn’t signed us. Who didn’t care about us. Who didn't love us. Yet, in Canada we have had the consistency of doing things on our own, and with a label (Anthem Records, distributed by Universal Music Canada) which was right for the band, and not what was right for the label.

Now more than ever I consider it a seventies' album released when it was simply for strategy.

• Like 4

Do what we've always done. There is life here even when they're not touring, believe it or not.

Perhaps binge watching Trek or Firefly

Maybe go to another web forum and speculate aboot that Battlestar Galactica movie "coming soon"?

It's coming any day now!!!! That place has already been given an enema. I think it needs a Hog Report.

For crying out loud, man! At least you've won a SuperBowl...Sorry, as a Falcons' fan that GIF was bugging me!

It's settled. There's a high degree of correlation between those who believe it's an 80s album with the belief that the moon landing was faked and that Tom Brady is telling the truth.

So you're saying it's probably an 80's album?

I have sort of an answer to that Permanent Waves' argument straight from the horse's mouth.

Hypothetically, I would put a record out in January because a chart position was important, and the tour wasn’t starting until April. They (the U.S. label) would insist that they wanted it in the 4th quarter (of the past year) because that’s the biggest quarter (of music sales). I would say. “That’s great. The record will be over in four weeks.” And they thought, “It makes our year, our quarter, and it is probably going to sell as much in that quarter as it is going to sell anyway” blah blah blah. I’m like “no.” To this day, I still try to build this band. If I wanted to go out January or February, and do a release to coincide with the tour so that the record would be in the stores for 6 months rather than 6 weeks, I didn’t care ultimately if it sold the same amount. I ultimately cared that it built the band. Keep in mind, at every American label we were at, we ended up with people who hadn’t signed us. Who didn’t care about us. Who didn't love us. Yet, in Canada we have had the consistency of doing things on our own, and with a label (Anthem Records, distributed by Universal Music Canada) which was right for the band, and not what was right for the label.

Now more than ever I consider it a seventies' album released when it was simply for strategy.

Settled science.

So you're saying it's probably an 80's album?

It's a 80s album in the same way the moon landing was faked, yes.

• Like 1

Everything revolves around bringing in the bucks. It's a business after all. Marketing is everything.

• Like 1

Everything revolves around bringing in the bucks. It's a business after all. Marketing is everything.

Isn't it true? Money is the bottom line for many.

I liked it better before I knew how much of a racket the music industry really is. It's just a big business and the band is the corporation.

Let's ask the magic conch?

Oh Magic Conch, now that Rush has finished their R40 Tour, will they ever tour again?

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k523/safeinatree/tumblr_inline_ml4uzl8dlB1qz4rgp_zps16518246.gif

Is this date the end of RUsh as we know it?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ujk49rwd1qkwym7.gif

What shall we do while we wait?

http://memecrunch.com/meme/CUGT/nothing/image.png

The conch has spoken!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2084694/magic-conch-o.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XawsZ1o.png?1

Is there anyway to like this post more than once????

• Like 1