Well, gang....what do we do now?

Khan

Maybe Rush will pull a Kiss and say they quit and then keep touring.

Or we wait, and wait, make polls on waiting, then go back to waiting

Good point. Or Eagles. How many "Farewell Tours" have they done now?

You forgot to mention the Grandfathers of farewell Tours. "The Who"

The who back in the 80's had a farewell tour. We see what happen there they are still touring even though half the band is dead (disrespecting).

Love the Who and they were a huge influence on the guys in Rush...but The Who without Kieth Moon and John Entwhistle isn't the Who! I do not see Ged and Alex performing with another drummer and billing themselves as Rush!

That's so true. What's the point of going to see The Who anymore in concert? They ceased to be a long time ago. If you didn't see them in the seventies, you never really saw them.

• Like 1

let them have a break, maybe for a couple years. it's fine, we'll live.
  • Like 1

I'm currently searching for Queensrÿche forums to hang out at but those people have issues as well.

I got booted off one of the main ones a few years ago because I got tired of the majority of posters and even moderators crapping all over newer QR and let them have it. I was sticking up for records like Tribe and American Soldier and they didn't like it. One of the most "clique" boards I've ever seen. To get criticized for actually sticking up for the band.

That is sad. We argue albums here and certain eras of Rush but opinions are valued.

I was worried aboot Camp Tate vs. the Anti-Tate Camp.

Edited by JohnRogers

I feel sorry for those that have only been fans for a few years. I remember my level of fandom in the beginning and I would have been devastated at that time if there was a chance it was over. After seeing the band 30+ times, I can much better handle it now. My life no longer revolves around the band:)

That is sad. We argue albums here and certain eras of Rush but opinions are valued.

I was worried aboot Camp Tate vs. the Anti-Tate Camp.

Well, that too. Tate is an idiot, but they went way overboard in their hate. I actually forget the name of the board, but I could find it easily...ha!

I'm currently searching for Queensrÿche forums to hang out at but those people have issues as well.

I got booted off one of the main ones a few years ago because I got tired of the majority of posters and even moderators crapping all over newer QR and let them have it. I was sticking up for records like Tribe and American Soldier and they didn't like it. One of the most "clique" boards I've ever seen. To get criticized for actually sticking up for the band.

Liking Sammy Hagar's Van Halen created the exact same reaction here.

I'm European,,, and I found out it's against the Great American Culture to dislike a drag-queenish, ultra-egoistic, shitty singer that is Dave. :D

PS: QR's Empire is a kick ass record.

Edited by Detonator
  • Like 1

geoff tate must be an admin.

• Like 1

Maybe Rush will pull a Kiss and say they quit and then keep touring.

Or we wait, and wait, make polls on waiting, then go back to waiting

Good point. Or Eagles. How many "Farewell Tours" have they done now?

You forgot to mention the Grandfathers of farewell Tours. "The Who"

The who back in the 80's had a farewell tour. We see what happen there they are still touring even though half the band is dead (disrespecting).

Love the Who and they were a huge influence on the guys in Rush...but The Who without Kieth Moon and John Entwhistle isn't the Who! I do not see Ged and Alex performing with another drummer and billing themselves as Rush!

That's so true. What's the point of going to see The Who anymore in concert? They ceased to be a long time ago. If you didn't see them in the seventies, you never really saw them.

The Who since Moonie died has just been a tribute band. It's not been the real thing. Part of the reason I have so much tinnitus today is due to The Who concerts I saw back when I was a teenager. I guess I have something to thank them for. ;)

• Like 1

Moon was a great drummer. But I think Pete Townshend is the Who.

I'm in my mid-30's so I can't say anything about the "good old days" with Keith... but Simon Phillips 1989 was a good stunt. They performed Tommy with a big band... Phillips on the drums... loved it.

Kenney Jones was shit though.

Moon was a great drummer. But I think Pete Townshend is the Who.

I'm in my mid-30's so I can't say anything about the "good old days" with Keith... but Simon Phillips 1989 was a good stunt. They performed Tommy with a big band... Phillips on the drums... loved it.

Kenney Jones was shit though.

Nah, Moonie WAS The Who. :)

Oh boy, there's something nobody on this forum knows about more than I do. Queensryche was my band before I became obsessed with Rush, and let's just say that my friend and I who went backstage quite a few times gave these people the nickname "Psycho Rychos". And for damn good reason.

I was trying to think of a similar name for the Rush fans who behave in quite the same way. Anyone have any clever ideas? :)

Edited by Xanadu

Also...

A few bad apples spoil it for the whole bunch over there. The problem is that the few who do stir the pot are such vile, mutant douchebags that they ruin the whole experience for everyone else. And with the band splitting from Tate, the nasty behavior went up exponentially right through the clouds. Though I will say that my disappointment in everything that went on with that band, especially these last few years, is probably what brought me to Rush. So I guess I should just say, "thank you, douchebag Queensryche fans!" :P

Edited by Xanadu

Someone mentioned the Eagles doing more than one farewell tour. The difference with them it was all about the money and they admitted it(Rumors were Don Henley netted about $30 million from that first Hell Freezes Over tour). I don't see Rush doing something for the money only. My hunch is they do one of two things because they respect their fans so much. Either release a formal statement soon telling us R40 was the end of them live OR put on an actual, honest farewell tour. My wife is the optimist who keeps telling me that every time she hears that someone's tour is their last, they come back anyway. And my wife is always right!

'Twas I that mentioned it. And, although it may have been for the money, the band still performed well. Bands that are more music-based, rather than theatrical (Motley Crue, Kiss, to name just a couple) can do that. For instance: who among us wouldn't pay to see Rush do the R40 setlist acoustically in a few years?

Same thing most do here, bitch and moan about something.

Geddy yodels, Neil is a dick, Alex is too sloppy, Tai Shan is a piece of crap, etc.

Dont forget High water

Edit: Of course not imo but ive read some

Edited by mother of all machines