Have you dated a Rush fan?

amylovesrush

It would be nice, but I seem to attract people who have horrible taste in music. (In my humble opinion, of course). :D

Yeah same here. Not sure why. Country music fans seem to flock my direction. :LOL:

• Like 4

It would be nice, but I seem to attract people who have horrible taste in music. (In my humble opinion, of course). :D

Yeah same here. Not sure why. Country music fans seem to flock my direction. :LOL:

I know, right? Or I went out on a date with this guy who said "Elvis" when I asked him what kind of music he listened to. He seriously told me that Elvis was pretty much the only music he listened to. And he was 38 years old. :eh:

• Like 2

I know, right? Or I went out on a date with this guy who said "Elvis" when I asked him what kind of music he listened to. He seriously told me that Elvis was pretty much the only music he listened to. And he was 38 years old. :eh:

Oh I believe it. :)

Nearly married one. He's still a very dear friend.

I'll start by saying I've been a part of the Rush online community for nearly 25 years.

I'd always intended to hold up a sign at a concert that said "looking for Rush fans to date!" lol (well not really, but...)

Only there aren't going to be many more concerts.

Sooo... have any of you met a Rush fan and started dating? I'm completely serious, but I also would never ever attract someone who's already committed. My real name is Amy and some of you may remember me from TNMS.

Coming kind of late to this, but yes I have - I met her on TNMS. She was quite delightful; thoroughly charming and from Finland.

I have never dated a RUSH fan. THey say they like RUSH but dont know nothing about them or many of their songs. :whipgirl:

If they only knew......

:drool: .... :)
  • Like 1

Nope. I've never dated a woman who likes RUSH(I'm not even sure I've met many). If I did though I would consider taking things to the next level pretty fast. A woman liking RUSH is definitely a big turn on(especially if she is also at least a little bit of a prog fan). Edited by New_World_Man

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan. When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE. bye bye

What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

But... but... I'm American! Our language doesn't have zeds!

Yeah! I say "zee." I'm not saying, "zed." Ain't natural!

Better dead than zed.

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

• Like 2

Yes.

I was a fan since I was a kid, and my sister would babysit me and take me to the roller rink with her friends on Saturday afternoon. But my ex husband took me to see Presto (My first real concert) and I haven't missed a tour since. When we split up - I continued even deeper in my fandom - Attended concerts alone or with a girlfriend and ALWAYS was complimented on my knowledge of the lyrics. ( A side note - No one ever hit on me though.)

I got a computer in December of 2004, found TRF that same month, and finally registered in January 2005. It was only then that I felt I had found people that "got" me and my obsession and when I went to my first Rushcon that year, I was in Rush fan Heaven.

Met Digi in the fall of that year and the rest as they say, is history.

No. But I'm sleeping with a woman who's married to one.

I didn't realize we were broadening the definition of "dating" to this degree. In my case it wouldn't matter still no Geddycorns for me... :(