Los Angeles, CA Periscope Thread - August 1, 2015

tomhealey

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/BackyardDining.8.1.15_zpsb7hlmt9o.jpeg

Bummed I can't be with you all, but hanging with the fam is a nice consolation prize! Hope to scope the last show with you!

Dang goose you wife is fit and lovely if you don't mind me saying so... :codger:
  • Like 1

I wonder if there will be as many people on this thread tonight as we had for Tulsa.

I think not but I am not sure why. Could be wrong of course... :codger:

There won't be, because we know the setlist now. The surprise factor isn't there, which matters for a lot of people I would think

Plus it's the dead of summer and a Saturday night. You would think the folks have stuff to do... :huh:

I think we should make it as important as opening night because it might be the last time ever. :rush: :rush: :rush:

I have noticed there has been a steady increase in the amount of people on the periscope feeds. Also there are a lot of people on Facebook, a huge amount of people compared to here, that are watching the feeds as well.

I have even attempted to watch one in a long time. Are they any better than they were at the beginning?...

It really depends on who's doing the scoping. Some have been really good and some not so good. The annoying ones are the people who only do one song. I'm hoping we have some good ones tonight since it's the last show.

It depends on the people doing the scoping, the capabilities of their phone, their familiarity with the app, That person's battery life, and most importantly, if That person with That device, with That provider, can lock onto an open (hopefully) 4G signal at That location.

You know, it's a bunch that needs to go right for us to sit on our asses and watch...

Oh yeah I realize that. I couldn't get on Wi-Fi at all at Columbus or Buffalo. It's like the signal was jammed...

...or crossed. Or perhaps the balance distorted...

In some of these places it's like shooting a fire hose into a 5 gallon bucket with a pin hole in it, the water will get through, but not quickly....very bad for video

• Like 1

I wonder if there will be as many people on this thread tonight as we had for Tulsa.

There won't be, because we know the setlist now. The surprise factor isn't there, which matters for a lot of people I would think

Plus it's the dead of summer and a Saturday night. You would think the folks have stuff to do... :huh:

I think we should make it as important as opening night because it might be the last time ever. :rush: :rush: :rush:

I have noticed there has been a steady increase in the amount of people on the periscope feeds. Also there are a lot of people on Facebook, a huge amount of people compared to here, that are watching the feeds as well.

I have even attempted to watch one in a long time. Are they any better than they were at the beginning?...

It really depends on who's doing the scoping. Some have been really good and some not so good. The annoying ones are the people who only do one song. I'm hoping we have some good ones tonight since it's the last show.

It depends on the people doing the scoping, the capabilities of their phone, their familiarity with the app, That person's battery life, and most importantly, if That person with That device, with That provider, can lock onto an open (hopefully) 4G signal at That location.

You know, it's a bunch that needs to go right for us to sit on our asses and watch...

Oh yeah I realize that. I couldn't get on Wi-Fi at all at Columbus or Buffalo. It's like the signal was jammed...

In some of these places it's like shooting a fire hose into a 5 gallon bucket with a pin hole in it, the water will get through, but not quickly....very bad for video

I think that's why we've been getting so many scopes from so far back. Down in the bowl or on the floor it's harder to get a signal.

• Like 1

For me, the fun Scope parties have been the ones where the feeds are short, but there's plenty of them. Feed-hopping is fun.

I know this goes without saying but I hope you practice "safe" feed hopping

My antenna is always wrapped, if that's what you're asking...
  • Like 1

I think that's why we've been getting so many scopes from so far back. Down in the bowl or on the floor it's harder to get a signal.

The deep scopes are pretty cool as far as capturing the light show.

Is it someone that know in how many hours that the show starts? It is 1:40 here, and I am really tired. I am thinking about going and sleep a while before the show start and then watch all of it.

The deep scopes are pretty cool as far as capturing the light show.

The sound is usually better too but at this point I'd rather have a close-up show to see what's going on rather than listening to most of them like we have been.

Is it someone that know in how many hours that the show starts? It is 1:40 here, and I am really tired. I am thinking about going and sleep a while before the show start and then watch all of it.

3 hours.

Rumors are flying around aboot "In the End". How cool is that?

That would be wonderful! Narps and I would cry.

Did you forget some one? :huh: :madra: :P

Not intentionally. I didn't know you loved the song too.

Me, Narps and Troutman will cry a river if they play In The End.

How's that? :)

• Like 2

I like the song too but I wouldn't want to hear it with Geddys current voice. That would make me cry a river.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

3 hours.

Damn... ok. Thanks for your answer! :)

• Like 1

3 hours.

Damn... ok. Thanks for your answer! :)

Yeah I would go ahead and take a nap. That's a long time to wait if you're already tired.

Yeah, time on ticket is 7:30 PM Pacific, so 10:30 Eastern. Quite late for some of you!

BTW, I just checked some maps of AT&T coverage (my provider), and it looks fairly good at the Forum. Here's hoping!

We can argue about something while we are waiting.

:popcorn:

You know what keeps going through my mind today? Remember in the Rio dvd during La Villa when Alex says "For the last time, I introduce my back up band." The way he drew out the word "last".

I like the song too but I wouldn't want to hear it with Geddys current voice. That would make me cry a river.

That was funny. :ph34r:

Ummmm,

ATWAS ring a bell? :LOL: :P

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the time that I was able to spend on all of these threads since Tulsa. Even though I can't watch the scopes, I had a genuine ball on some of the threads. The threads I was unable to stay on for any significant length of time, some of them were hilarious when I read them the next day. Am thinking especially of poor Cactus Pete taking everyone into the men's room. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Some local band live on stage in Quebec-

For those needing their Periscope fix...

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aI1Qtzk2MzQ4MDR8NTE5NDcwNTSs9iSsq8npeHibDPjiMNNRVQFxbsRn11aZmg4_EU1BDg==

Getting ready to head to the Forum in a limo full of ho's

It's how the YBG rolls

Reality: rolling to the Forum in a foul smelling subcompact rental car.

• Like 1

Ummmm,

ATWAS ring a bell? :LOL: :P

Yes, but I didn't know In The End was a special favorite of yours.

You saw Rush do that song back in the seventies? I don't know what it is about that song. Something really unique and special about it for me. i can't put my finger on what it is.

• Like 1