Los Angeles, CA Periscope Thread - August 1, 2015

tomhealey

Gonna listen to ATWAS today!! :codger: :haz: :rush:

my girlfriend is becoming a huge fan of ATWAS after this tour. It fun to share in her discovery of it :)

Dream come true! :dweez: :ebert: :clap:

:haz: :cheers:

AFTK is in order as well. :codger:

Definitely. When they played Cygnus X1, she asked "what song is this?"

It's been an 8 year work in progress :)

8?

:LOL: :7up: :haz: :rush:

Where were you when my mom was swearing at me to turn it off? :laughing guy:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Lorraine, have you seen the youtube clip, it makes me tear up every time. Geddy's thanked the crew and the united states of america and said I truly hope to see you again sometime or something to that effect.
  • Like 1

Gonna listen to ATWAS today!! :codger: :haz: :rush:

my girlfriend is becoming a huge fan of ATWAS after this tour. It fun to share in her discovery of it :)

Dream come true! :dweez: :ebert: :clap:

:haz: :cheers:

AFTK is in order as well. :codger:

Definitely. When they played Cygnus X1, she asked "what song is this?"

It's been an 8 year work in progress :)

Keep plowing young man...it's taking hold
  • Like 2

Lorraine, have you seen the youtube clip, it makes me tear up every time. Geddy's thanked the crew and the united states of america and said I truly hope to see you again sometime or something to that effect.

No, I can't watch it. I used to be able to get them to load for me, but they changed something and now I can't do it at all.

That's why I'm looking for a complete bootleg show.

He literally said the exact same thing in Kansas City in 2013.

Heart live at Hollywood Bowl. It ain't Rush, but it's a live scope ;)

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aKk_mjIzOTY0ODl8Njc4MjUwNTJFbk6R5htK4Auca-sxvKSUXRpBXSRS_n_cpz2FQBuaFQ==

WOW tonight is amazing , are they filming tonight? They must be, even if just for themselves to keep.

This is an important post. I'm glad I came back to read this thread again.

Chica, you are right. I am convinced this concert was filmed by someone.

• Like 1

WOW tonight is amazing , are they filming tonight? They must be, even if just for themselves to keep.

There was a guy next to me was filming it on his iphone.

other than the cameras that were projecting the band onto the video screens, there was no film crew there.

In one of the threads here I'm not sure which one it is, someone is talking about where some of the songs were recorded and they mention several different cities other than Toronto.

other than the cameras that were projecting the band onto the video screens, there was no film crew there.

That would be so sad. You would think the band would have wanted a copy, like I said, just for memories, perhaps last stadium type show with Neil . . .maybe we'll find out someday.

• Like 1

I'm not disbelieving what you say. You were there and you should know.

But it does make sense that the show was filmed by someone close to them for their own "Rush History Archives." :cool: And, who knows? Some of the boots i have are really good. If Rush has in their hands a film of the concert, even it it wasn't professionally filmed, they might release it one day when their petty cash box funds get low. ;)

In any event, if anyone wants to read this thread, if you don't want to read pages of kibitzing and bantering, jump to page 19. That's when the show begins! :)

• Like 1

I wish they did all of Hemispheres. Just to get it on video at least once.

There's a video floating around from the Hemispheres tour, since Capitol Theatre recorded all the shows there (there's a show from the 2112 tour that's been found, but the hemipsheres one is still missing)

That sucks so bad! It's interesting all the old footage out there and not one Hemispheres. Very elusive!!!

From what I've read, it's basically because the owner taped every show there-- so they're all lost in piles and piles of tapes. The 2112 one apparently resurfaced pretty recently. The Hemispheres show was also around the time that Capitol Theatre upgraded to color, meaning there'd be the entire headlining show in full color! I would die fully satisfied if I got to see either that video bootleg or a headlining bootleg from the Caress of Steel tour. Hopefullyyyyy someone will go digging through their closet some day and stumble upon it!

The above is an important post for all Hemispheres' lovers.

• Like 1

If you don't want to get emotional, skip pages 30 and 31 when they did Losing It.

This was probably the first time I actually read those pages. I should read through the whole thread. I was at the show so I didn't participate in this one but it's a good way to "live it all again." :)

• Like 1

If you don't want to get emotional, skip pages 30 and 31 when they did Losing It.

This was probably the first time I actually read those pages. I should read through the whole thread. I was at the show so I didn't participate in this one but it's a good way to "live it all again." :)

Oh, you should read it!

But, you certainly had the better part - actually being there.

• Like 1

Xanadu, to get the full effect (Or should that be "affect"? I'm really getting worse. It's scary.) of the thread, you should read the whole thing. By the time the end of the concert (page 53), I bet your eyes fill with tears. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I sincerely hope a video boot of this whole show makes an appearance on youtube or something.

I was just thinking that myself. That's the most kickass version of Working Man that they've ever done.

Alex gave it all he had. He reminded me of the young Alex in Exit...Stage Left.

When I get home in a little while I think I'll try rereading the thread.

It's the saddest of all of them.

I do remember at the time that it was, especially at the end.