Los Angeles, CA Periscope Thread - August 1, 2015

tomhealey

Thank you!

Front row be damned.

I had similar view at one of the R40 shows. At the end of Cygnus light show, I thought I was going to soil myself. TMMB was insane lights also. A second R40 blu ray from THAT VIEW would be incredible! Nothing like Howard's work from over his shoulder.

• Like 5

This is pretty much all I've known since 1989!!!! Well, at least I got my 19 shows in over the years. Thanks to Periscope to help soften the blow. This is really tough to deal with though. As I look around my room with posters and other memorabilia I've collected for the past 26 years, it's tough to swallow.

It's not like that stuff is going to go away. Keep enjoying it.

Definitely not. It's just different knowing there's less and less chance of any new material like we're used to hearing.

I don't think the door was ever closed on that.

I'd love to be surprised!

Oh my God, I choked up when Neil came forward!

Everyone here was just like, "What?!" I found the picture taking part more interesting than the bow.

Yes, that was a very sentimental and normally un-Neil like thing to do.

Any celebrity sightings DU??

Apparently Taylor Hawkins, Chad Smith, Danny Carey, Jack Black, Bubbles.

Don't let the Jack Black haters find out...

I know there's been threads on how Rush and their music have been there for a lot of people going through tough stuff. I'm one of those people, and to see them leave doesn't mean the music is gone, but it is hard to handle.
  • Like 3

I know there's been threads on how Rush and their music have been there for a lot of people going through tough stuff. I'm one of those people, and to see them leave doesn't mean the music is gone, but it is hard to handle.

I'm right there with you.. Especially as a late 19 year old hormonal teenager, its the worst haha... But seriously, their music and impact will live on forever and make an impression upon generations to come!!

I watched the final few minutes of the show thinking about that 1974ish video footage of them playing at the school. If you would've told them then that 40 years from now, you'll still be selling out arenas in your 60s......amazing.
  • Like 3

Neil looks almost to be in tears!!!

11356005_986439974720392_1391909149_n.jpg

Probably because he's so happy that he can get home within an hour and that he doesn't have to do the R40 tour...

EDIT: This is a bit unfair, but we all were thinking it. I don't know where his head is at...

Edited by pfrushfan0122
  • Like 2

I hope Bard one day eats his words

I agree. I think he'd be just happy for them to disappear forever just so that he can say he was right.

I also agree. It would be cool if fans can stop reading between the tea leaves and make up stories as to why they are hiding their true intentions. Ged said he has gig ideas that don't involve a full tour. Neil said he doesn't want to be the sole reason Rush ends. Alex explicitly said they are not done as a band, recently towards the end of the tour at the Denver show and it barely got mentioned on TRF. Alex has direct access to Neil. In fact, he worked with him over 40 years. Safe to say he knows his co worker. Until they change their tune, and tell us it's over, there is no reason to speculate.

• Like 6

I agree. I think he'd be just happy for them to disappear forever just so that he can say he was right.

I also agree. It would be cool if fans can stop reading between the tea leaves and make up stories as to why they are hiding their true intentions. Ged said he has gig ideas that don't involve a full tour. Neil said he doesn't want to be the sole reason Rush ends. Alex explicitly said they are not done as a band, recently towards the end of the tour at the Denver show and it barely got mentioned on TRF. Alex has direct access to Neil. In fact, he worked with him over 40 years. Safe to say he knows his co worker. Until they change their tune, and tell us it's over, there is no reason to speculate.

Very good points. So the message is that "anything can happen".
  • Like 2

Very good points. So the message is that "anything can happen".

Yes. To quote Prime Mover (which happens to be my favorite RUSH song right now, although that will likely change by tomorrow. They have too much good material.

I can't help but think that there are a lot of tears flowing tonight, and not just from the fans.

I was surprised Ged held it together as well as he did at the end.

And I have to say tonight just reaffirmed my feeling that this tour was all about Ged and his comeback on vocals. He sounded amazing on Prelude tonight. 62 years old, people!

• Like 6