What songs do you appreciate more because of this tour?

Xanadu

If I had I lived in the US I would have gone to LA as well :)

If you get in a plane in the next 24 hours you will arrive in LA in time to see the show!

• Like 1

Jacob's Ladder was mind-blowingly good live.

Absolutely! What a beautiful song and the visuals with the lasers, took my breath away. Loved Xanadu before the tour but seeing the double necks, wow :drool: I want that R40 DVD as fast as they can put it together!!!

• Like 3

If you get in a plane in the next 24 hours you will arrive in LA in time to see the show!

That would be impossible ;) My ESTA has expired a couple of weeks ago. You need to apply for a visa at least 72 hours before you travel to the US from here. Believe me I was reeeaaaally temped to come out to Vegas & LA, but I didn't apply for a new ESTA on purpose because I was afraid I could not control myself and buy:

• a way to expensive airplane ticket
  • two super overpriced show tickets from Stubhub

in a moment of Rush madness :D

• Like 3

Jacob's Ladder because it's being played live. Hemispheres because they are playing anything of it at all. Anthem because the R30 Overture doesn't count. Lakeside Park because it's from Caress of Steel. What You're Doing because I've only heard recordings. Natural Science because at my home town show they played that into Jacob's Ladder into Hemispheres. Click on my profile and you will see these are my 3 favorite songs.
  • Like 1

The Anarchist

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

How it is

Animate

Roll the Bones

Between the Wheels

The Camera Eye

Jacob's Ladder

Hemispheres Prelude

Closer to the Heart

Xanadu

Lakeside Park

What You're Doing

• Like 1

That would be impossible ;) My ESTA has expired a couple of weeks ago. You need to apply for a visa at least 72 hours before you travel to the US from here. Believe me I was reeeaaaally temped to come out to Vegas & LA, but I didn't apply for a new ESTA on purpose because I was afraid I could not control myself and buy:

• a way to expensive airplane ticket
  • two super overpriced show tickets from Stubhub

in a moment of Rush madness :D

:LOL:
  • Like 1

Jacob's Ladder because it's being played live. Hemispheres because they are playing anything of it at all. Anthem because the R30 Overture doesn't count. Lakeside Park because it's from Caress of Steel. What You're Doing because I've only heard recordings. Natural Science because at my home town show they played that into Jacob's Ladder into Hemispheres. Click on my profile and you will see these are my 3 favorite songs.

Yeah, I know what you mean about JL. Personally, it hasn't been one of my favourites, but it was really cool to see them play it live. I appreciate the song now more than I ever have because I saw them play it.

And, then TCE and Xanadu and Prelude and, of course, Cygnus X-1 (my favourite) and Lakeside Park and a full version of Anthem and What You're Doing and then the Garden Road riff ... and then I had to gather pieces of my exploded head and find the exit.

• Like 1

All Clockwork Angels songs. I really had a hard time getting in to this album as I really dig everyone from Hold Your Fire and prior, but hearing these live and now really like the three songs The Anarchist, Clockwork Angels and mainly Headlong Flight. I also dug Roll The Bones, like it before, but now it's just better.

Let me see...

The Anarchist, I'd always noticed people saying it was one of the real gems off of CA and even better than HF in some cases, but I never really got it...until I couldn't quite figure out what that beautiful eruption of noise was for about a second and a half as the curtains opened to reveal it was Rush, playing one of the best songs off of CA, one of their best albums in decades.

Headlong Flight, I already loved this one to death, but hearing Ged belt that note thrice reminded me why it was so awesome.

Far Cry, didn't have a ton of experience with this song, but I definitely learned here why it had become a concert staple.

Animate, admittedly still not one of my favorites, but I finally discovered its appeal, or was at least forced to experience how crazy people went over it (the big letters helped a lot)

Roll The Bones, always though it was kind of funny and underrated, now it's my favorite track off of my least favorite Rush album. Great song.

The Spirit Of Radio, solely because I finally got to participate in the big cheer towards the end.

Natural Science, yep, now I remembered why I settled on this being my favorite song from PeW!

What You're Doin', totally forgot this little guy, great song!

• Like 1

Let me see...

The Anarchist, I'd always noticed people saying it was one of the real gems off of CA and even better than HF in some cases, but I never really got it...until I couldn't quite figure out what that beautiful eruption of noise was for about a second and a half as the curtains opened to reveal it was Rush, playing one of the best songs off of CA, one of their best albums in decades.

Yay, CA! :cheerleader:

• Like 3

For me, even though I LOVED Natural Science already, seeing them played it made it even better to me. Also Roll the Bones is definitely better now than before I saw them play it.

WHAT. YOU'RE. DOING.

I did get an appreciation for that song due to the tour. Before that it was just another song on the debut, which I don't really care for.