Windows 10?

tas7

I went ahead and upgraded as well. Only thing I've noticed is when I'm playing flash games on Facebook that the full-screen freezes where never did that before. It may be an issue with flash rather than windows. I kind of like how it's a mash up of Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I went ahead and upgraded as well. Only thing I've noticed is when I'm playing flash games on Facebook that the full-screen freezes where never did that before. It may be an issue with flash rather than windows. I kind of like how it's a mash up of Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Flash is starting to become somewhat obsolete, I think. A lot of newer browsers and websites are moving directions with their technology, while Flash has mostly remained the same.

Flash is starting to become somewhat obsolete, I think. A lot of newer browsers and websites are moving directions with their technology, while Flash has mostly remained the same.

You're right, but the Facebook games are all still in Flash, so that's the only real annoying thing so far that I've run into.

PRIVACY NOTICE:

In the 45 page "Terms of Service" (TOS/privacy statement) it specifically says this:

“We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.”

Also, Cortana, the new personal virtual assistant collects this info from you:

Your device location

Your email and text messages data

Your Calendar data

Apps you are using

Your contact list

Who’s calling you

With who you are in touch more often

Your alarm settings,

Your music on device

What you purchase

Your search history in case you’re using Bing search engine.

The Terms state this:

“To enable Cortana to provide personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device.”

“Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browsing and Bing search history, and more.”

But...there are ways to turn some of these spying features off. It's a lengthy process and not easily accomplished by basic computer users.

So, install Windows 10 if you want. I won't.

Edited by launchpad67a
  • Like 2

I hated Windows 8 when it came out and I installed it. Not doing it this time. I'll just keep it simple with 7, thank you very much.

10 is very much like 7. I didn't like 8 at all, but the start menu is back.

PRIVACY NOTICE:

In the 45 page "Terms of Service" (TOS/privacy statement) it specifically says this:

“We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.”

Also, Cortana, the new personal virtual assistant collects this info from you:

Your device location

Your email and text messages data

Your Calendar data

Apps you are using

Your contact list

Who’s calling you

With who you are in touch more often

Your alarm settings,

Your music on device

What you purchase

Your search history in case you’re using Bing search engine.

The Terms state this:

“To enable Cortana to provide personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device.”

“Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browsing and Bing search history, and more.”

But...there are ways to turn some of these spying features off. It's a lengthy process and not easily accomplished by basic computer users.

So, install Windows 10 if you want. I won't.

Smart phones...GPS...Google Chrome...Google/Yahoo/AOL/etc. email accounts...Facebook...devices that car insurance companies use to monitor your driving...and now, Windows 10.

Do they need to know EVERYTHING?

• Like 2

Just found this on another forum.

http://www.slate.com...hem.single.html

Nice find. Microsoft are now officially assholes.

So they were unofficially assholes up until now?

Were they always assholes? Maybe. But them releasing a privacy-invading version of their operating system removes all doubt.

I remember hearing that about Windows 7 and people were freaking out.

Any new updates with the Windows 10?

Still checking everyone's experience, problems, usefulness after a month

Yeah aside from still getting used to where things are hidden, everything seems to be going smoothly. Have had a few issues with some old games and such, but usually just running that program in compatibility mode solves the problem.

Going well. I changed all the privacy settings to the most private I can, if that helps. I particularly like the ability to have party chat on it with Xbox One's.

Gave Edge a go for a week. No thanks.

Have it installed on all three of my computers, I love it. The biggest improvement, however, was getting McAfee the hell of all my systems. It has to be the worst designed virus protection ever. It is a frickin hog. It was sucking up twice the sources of any other program including my Synchost.exe files
  • Like 1

Have it installed on all three of my computers, I love it. The biggest improvement, however, was getting McAfee the hell of all my systems. It has to be the worst designed virus protection ever. It is a frickin hog. It was sucking up twice the sources of any other program including my Synchost.exe files

Yeah I am not particularly a fan of McAfee either but there it is all the time....

• Like 1