Irvine, CA Periscope Thread - July 30, 2015

Oh how I wish the band would officially stream the last R40 show on their website...

I'd like it if they at least filmed the light show and added it as a bonus on the DVD. The whole show has really evolved (like it always does) since Toronto.

Al's been very sharp tonight, maybe his best of the tour.

You must've not seen Kansas City. Didn't miss a single note besides one thing in Roll The Bones, maybe one other. He was on fire. It was magic. I walked out of the building knowing that this isn't the end, at least not for Al.

Oh how I wish the band would officially stream the last R40 show on their website...

I was thinking earlier this week it would have been a fitting occasion for cable pay-per-view.

I'm driving down tomorrow for the last one. It will be emotional for everyone there who's aware. It will be #60 for me, a nice round number. :)
  • Like 4

There it is again: "we'd like to go back to Farewell to Kings right now" - as if they haven't just played a song from it.

It's in the script.

Fortunately Geddy dropped the "Thank you, Thank you very much." a long while back.

You know, That actually makes sense. They played something and now they're going back to it to play more.

Maybe I'm just delirious. It's 1:30 and I'm trying to hold out to the end things being what they are and all.

Makes perfect sense.

OH MY FREAKING GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT ALL OF YOU PEOPLE AFTER TONIGHT??? I'LL BE AT THE LA SHOW ON SATURDAY, AND YOU'LL ALL BE CRITICIZING MY SCOPE FOR BEING TOO CLOSE OR TOO FAR OR TOO MUFFLED OR TOO BLURRY OR TOO BOUNCY ORTOO WHATEVER, OR I'LL BE WAY TOO DRUNK OR BLUBBERY OR WHATEVER, AND I WON'T BE READING ALL OF THESE COMMENTS CHEWING MY ASS FOR MY SUBSTANDARD SCOPE!!

Tom, don't scope the show. Enjoy each and every moment of it. The opportunity won't come again as far as we know at this time.

• Like 2

Yeah the thing is even if the violinist wasn't ready to play it to night out of fear or whatever you would have at least expected them to soundcheck. Kind of like the toronto gigs… I'm sure mink was ready by the first toronto gig but maybe as a whole they felt they needed to rehearse it once more. So I believe it has only been played 4 times this tour.

Im curious if they will pull out any surprises for the final gig. If it really is the last show maybe they decide to go out with a bang and play all the alternates - make it a 4 hours show? lol.

I don't think they'd do that-- for one, it'd be too tiring, and for two, it wouldn't be fair to the other shows if one show got all the songs. Maybe Losing It, but I doubt anything more "special" than that.

Maybe they'll play The Big Money in honor of Ray Daniel$.

You've got that right. Lucky for Rush they can trust him. Or have relatives that keep a close eye on Ray and the big money.

Man, if I could afford it I would be on a plane to LA tomorrow.

I'm sure you are not alone. I was thinking this morning how much it would cost to book a flight today, fly out tomorrow, and get some type of ticket once there.

No. I can't do it, but was just wondering how much money it would take at this point to do something like that.

It can't be ending. Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Cmon boys. One more tour. One more tour. One more tour!

With how well they play, how much the fans love this band, I can't see not playing ever again. Even if they can muster a couple of mega shows now and then. It's just too damn good to stop.

• Like 1