Irvine, CA Periscope Thread - July 30, 2015

Does Rob's auto-focus have anyone else reaching for the Dramamine?

yup....gurp......

I think it would help if he zoomed a bit on the screen

So if Losing It wasn't sound checked and played tonight more than likely it won't be done on the last show either. If there was a violin player available in that area I don't see why they won't play both california shows, the way dinklage did both ny/nj. I don't really care if they play losing it again or not I'm just wondering if there are any surprises for these last shows but it looks like their won't be.

Geddy seems very personable this evening.

I think he's going to get especially sentimental by the Forum.

I don't think he'll make a huge issue out of it, but I'm sure there will be some subtlety involved for sure.

I wouldn't expect any Lou Gehrig-type speeches, but maybe a bit more chatty than usual.

I don't know if most fans prefer the last night of a tour over the first night (in most case's I prefer the opener (made two of them)) but LA is one finale I'd have liked to have had a ticket for.

• Like 4

So if Losing It wasn't sound checked and played tonight more than likely it won't be done on the last show either. If there was a violin player available in that area I don't see why they won't play both california shows, the way dinklage did both ny/nj. I don't really care if they play losing it again or not I'm just wondering if there are any surprises for these last shows but it looks like their won't be.

I'll be quite surprised if they don't play it on Saturday. Too perfect an occasion not to. Maybe the violinist for tonight called to say they couldn't make it in time due to traffic. :LOL:

Do we know if it was soundchecked?

I don't think he'll make a huge issue out of it, but I'm sure there will be some subtlety involved for sure.

I wouldn't expect any Lou Gehrig-type speeches, but maybe a bit more chatty than usual.

I don't know if most fans prefer the last night of a tour over the first night (in most case's I prefer the opener (made two of them)) but LA is one finale I'd have liked to have had a ticket for.

Having seen the TMT and R40 openers and the CA closer, I definitely prefer seeing an opener not knowing what to expect. Tulsa was just mind-blowing. However, possibly seeing the last one ever in LA would be super special as well.

• Like 4

If Rush ever tours again (or if I ever get into another band as much as I'm into Rush) I will definitely see both the first and the last shows, if nothing else.

Not as far as we know-- the scopes from soundcheck showed Jacob's Ladder and The Anarchist

I heard that only Jacob's Ladder was soundchecked.

OH MY FREAKING GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT ALL OF YOU PEOPLE AFTER TONIGHT??? I'LL BE AT THE LA SHOW ON SATURDAY, AND YOU'LL ALL BE CRITICIZING MY SCOPE FOR BEING TOO CLOSE OR TOO FAR OR TOO MUFFLED OR TOO BLURRY OR TOO BOUNCY ORTOO WHATEVER, OR I'LL BE WAY TOO DRUNK OR BLUBBERY OR WHATEVER, AND I WON'T BE READING ALL OF THESE COMMENTS CHEWING MY ASS FOR MY SUBSTANDARD SCOPE!!
  • Like 12

OH MY FREAKING GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT ALL OF YOU PEOPLE AFTER TONIGHT??? I'LL BE AT THE LA SHOW ON SATURDAY, AND YOU'LL ALL BE CRITICIZING MY SCOPE FOR BEING TOO CLOSE OR TOO FAR OR TOO MUFFLED OR TOO BLURRY OR TOO BOUNCY ORTOO WHATEVER, OR I'LL BE WAY TOO DRUNK OR BLUBBERY OR WHATEVER, AND I WON'T BE READING ALL OF THESE COMMENTS CHEWING MY ASS FOR MY SUBSTANDARD SCOPE!!

In that case, you shouldn't scope and just enjoy the show. f**k what we think

• Like 3

OLV!! Always love this one :dweez:

If given a choice I'd prefer to hear How It Is given the rarity, but One Little Victory stands the test of time too. It's awesome. But so is Vapor Trails (The original.) Nothing else like it.

• Like 3

Excellent freak out, sir.

• Like 3

Whatever you do, stay away from the beer stalls. And no scoping in the bathroom. :LOL:

• Like 3

Post your phone number and we'll just text ya. :D

• Like 3

pre-emptive OMG YOUR SCOPE IS MAKING ALEX FLUB HIS SOLOS AND MAKING GEDDY VOICE WARBLE AND MAKING NEIL'S FACE APPEAR MORE GRUMPIER!!!!!11111 :laughing guy:

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 6