Going to be in for a long hard adjustment

Rhyta

So sorry to hear about your loss, the suddenness of it. For those of an advanced age, I believe a quick passing is a blessing, but it 's hard when it comes with relatively no warning. Condolences to you and your family.
  • Like 2

I'm so sorry for your loss, Rhyta. ((Hugs)) to you and your husband and family. It sounds like your husband has a wonderful support in you- you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. :rose:
  • Like 1

Sorry for your loss. :rose:

I had a really good friend pass away last night just before I had to go to work. This past week has been a nightmare. The meetup and concert has been the only possitive thing so far.

• Like 1

I had a really good friend pass away last night just before I had to go to work. This past week has been a nightmare. The meetup and concert has been the only possitive thing so far.

Wow, sorry to hear that, Troutman. That sucks. :hug2:

• Like 4

I lost my best friend Marc when we were 25 - you'd think that would help me know what to say. But it's still impossible to know what to say. Very sorry to hear about these terrible losses in your lives.

I spend a fair bit of time trying to imagine how Marc would deal with things, what he'd think about all the Rush albums he wasn't around to hear. It kind of helps and hurts at the same time.

20 years ago now. Sheesh...

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

Wow, sorry to hear that, Troutman. That sucks. :hug2:

Thanks,

I am trying really hard to stay positive. Music ect..

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that, I'm dealing with the loss of my grandfather at the moment. It's tough but all you can really do is hang in there.
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear that, I'm dealing with the loss of my grandfather at the moment. It's tough but all you can really do is hang in there.

:hug2:

• Like 3

Sorry for your loss and condolences to your family.

It seems when you're younger, you think everyone will live forever. Unfortunately, being part of the middle age group, the loss of elders become more frequent. This certainly doesn't make it easier though.

• Like 2

Oh no, I am very sorry. My thoughts are with you.

• Like 2

Thanks,

I sure hope this next week starts out a lot better. Are you going to see Rush in L.A.?

• Like 1

Cripes it must be epidemic with loss in here. My ex died on July 5 at the age of 48. It wasn't a huge surprise since she had MANY serious health issues over the years, with some being self-induced. We divorced 18 years ago and I burned any emotional bridge years ago, so it wasn't a huge personal loss. I realize I sound somewhat cavalier about this, but she put me through some personal hell during our time together.
  • Like 1

Thanks,

I sure hope this next week starts out a lot better. Are you going to see Rush in L.A.?

Yes, I'll be there. You can be with us all in spirit :)

• Like 2

This is never easy. But you get through it.

My father died in 2008. We were estranged for close to 20 years, and I didn't find out until 6 weeks later. Even though he was no longer part of my life, I couldn't string a sentence together for a week after I found out. And it still took a good 9 months or so to work it's way out of my system.

All I'm saying is that time helps. For everyone here who's had a loss, you have my condolences.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Thanks,

Yes, I'll be there. You can be with us all in spirit :)

• Like 2

Wow, thanks so much for all the nice comments. Troutman, I am so sorry you are having to go through this, take care of yourself friend :hug2:

Toymaker, I appreciate you sharing about your friend Marc. Yes time does lessen the losses but we still have the feelings overtake us at times. I still get teary eyed every Christmas when memories of my Dad surface. So I know the saying this too shall pass but you still have to feel it any way. :sigh:

driven_to_xanadu, I am sad to hear about your grandfather. Thank you for taking the time to share your support with me. Take care of yourself too :hug2:

2112FirstStreet, I appreciate your comments too. Just because you divorce someone, doesn't mean you don't still have some lingering feelings for them and your marriage. I grieved for my former MIL when she passed away in the 90's, she meant a lot to me.

Well I guess this is a bit depressing but I think the line from Dreamline is appropriate to quote here

"We're only immortal for a limited time" Bless you all

• Like 8

Man, that's terrible. Sorry to hear this. I am able to find some consolation in the fact that the sadness we feel is a measure of love for those we lose. The work moving on, I think, is being able to balance that sadness with feelings of joy for the good times we were able to share before their passing. Thoese are the true gifts of life.
  • Like 4

Man, that's terrible. Sorry to hear this. I am able to find some consolation in the fact that the sadness we feel is a measure of love for those we lose. The work moving on, I think, is being able to balance that sadness with feelings of joy for the good times we were able to share before their passing. Those are the true gifts of life.
  • Like 1

Man, that's terrible. Sorry to hear this. I am able to find some consolation in the fact that the sadness we feel is a measure of love for those we lose. The work moving on, I think, is being able to balance that sadness with feelings of joy for the good times we were able to share before their passing. Those are the true gifts of life.

Man, that's terrible. Sorry to hear this. I am able to find some consolation in the fact that the sadness we feel is a measure of love for those we lose. The work moving on, I think, is being able to balance that sadness with feelings of joy for the good times we were able to share before their passing. Thoese are the true gifts of life.

My Mom , my best friend, passed exactly 2 years ago...I miss her every day. I believe tho..she sends me signs. Examples are white feathers floating around in the air outside. Once in a while a white dove shows up on my roof. Pennies on the ground i see when i get out of my truck. White butterflies. hey i may be silly...but it does give me nice thoughts shes watching me. Look for some signs.

It may take a while tho.

Lots of hugs to you Rhyta

• Like 1

Well, we had my mother in law's funeral today. It was sad as expected but it felt good to have some closure. My hubby is putting on a brave face but he is hurting and will for some time. Glad I can support him and I have this forum to help me too. Thanks to all for your posts that put a smile on my face and share our love of Rush..bless you guys :hug2: :angel:
  • Like 1

Well, we had my mother in law's funeral today. It was sad as expected but it felt good to have some closure. My hubby is putting on a brave face but he is hurting and will for some time. Glad I can support him and I have this forum to help me too. Thanks to all for your posts that put a smile on my face and share our love of Rush..bless you guys :hug2: :angel:

• Like 1

Just a quick update, been busy with the process of going through my MIL belongings and it is hard. I haven't been on TRF since the night of the LA show, watching Periscope feeds was wonderful. I still can't believe that it has come to an end, no more Rush tours...

I really want to get to spend some time here soon, even if it is just lurking. Hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6