R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

I expect the announcement for the R40 Live Tour Second leg around January 2016 Or after Christmas 2015.

I expect it around April 1, 2016. ;)

Geddy just said there's no plans for any more touring.

I expect the announcement for the R40 Live Tour Second leg around January 2016 Or after Christmas 2015.

Don't disturb them with facts. ;)

Sorry, I forgot they took the red pill. ;)

Not that I have any doubt that it's true, but where exactly did he just say this?

Sorry, I forgot they took the red pill. ;)

I was soooooo thirsty I walked by the big table with the red pills right to the vat of grape cool aid.

• Like 2

Even Geddy not thinking about touring now that his Blue Jays are in the playoffs.

• Like 2

Not that I have any doubt that it's true, but where exactly did he just say this?

He said that during the last interview he did a few days ago. http://m.mlb.com/vid...7714/v512622983

Edited by EagleMoon

Even Geddy not thinking about touring now that his Blue Jays are in the playoffs.

Priorities are priorities. ;)

Understandable, but that only goes on for another 4 weeks. Won't he be anxious to get back on stage after that to show off his "2015 World Champions" t-shirt? :P Edited by TexMike

I think the fact that Neil recently had ALL of his equipment that was in the bands storage facility shipped to him in CA is a pretty good indicator that it's over. In 40+ years, he has NEVER done that.

As it turns out, Geddy, Alex, & management were hoping that once the Emperor got out on this tour, he'd have a change of heart about extending the tour and even going overseas. Which, is something they desperately wanted to do, considering it was the last tour. However, we know how this story ended. As predicted, Neil's selfishness is solely responsible for the death of Rush.

Selfishness?? The man is entitled to live his life as he chooses.

Sure, I would love Rush to go on forever. But it's just not possible.

You can't slam the guy for being who he is. Time to get over it folks. It probably is over.

• Like 2

I think the fact that Neil recently had ALL of his equipment that was in the bands storage facility shipped to him in CA is a pretty good indicator that it's over. In 40+ years, he has NEVER done that.

As it turns out, Geddy, Alex, & management were hoping that once the Emperor got out on this tour, he'd have a change of heart about extending the tour and even going overseas. Which, is something they desperately wanted to do, considering it was the last tour. However, we know how this story ended. As predicted, Neil's selfishness is solely responsible for the death of Rush.

Neil's selfishness? I doubt his family feels this way. As a fan I could feel this way, but I don't. The last 15 years have been a bit of a bonus, if you look at it one way.

• Like 2

Neil's selfishness? I doubt his family feels this way. As a fan I could feel this way, but I don't. The last 15 years have been a bit of a bonus, if you look at it one way.

Yeah I agree. Let the guy be selfish. He's earned it. His family should be his top priority.

• Like 2

The last 15 years have been a bit of a bonus, if you look at it one way.

He has essentially held Geddy and Alex hostage for the last 15 years. And the word "selfish" (and the like) came from several people on the inside, not me. The fact is yes, they're old and deserve to retire. So, why not do it the right way? Rather than dictate that their last tour be no more than 34 shows and nothing overseas, wouldn't it have been better for the band as a whole, for Neil to have allowed them to actually announce that it was the last tour, do a few more North America shows, AND let their overseas fans have a chance to see them one last time? THAT's what everyone in the organization wanted... except the Emperor. And he got his way. Doesn't that seem a little, prima donna-ish? IMO, given the way they were forced to let it play out, Geddy & Alex's frustration & animosity is justified.

^^Which has come full circle from them firing Rutsey.

Yeah, John had his health problems. But there was more to him leaving than just his health. I wish he were alive to see the new drummer 'holding the band hostage'. Despite what I wrote above about Pratt being entitled to live his life.

Edited by grep

He has essentially held Geddy and Alex hostage for the last 15 years. And the word "selfish" (and the like) came from several people on the inside, not me. The fact is yes, they're old and deserve to retire. So, why not do it the right way? Rather than dictate that their last tour be no more than 34 shows and nothing overseas, wouldn't it have been better for the band as a whole, for Neil to have allowed them to actually announce that it was the last tour, do a few more North America shows, AND let their overseas fans have a chance to see them one last time? THAT's what everyone in the organization wanted... except the Emperor. And he got his way. Doesn't that seem a little, prima donna-ish? IMO, given the way they were forced to let it play out, Geddy & Alex's frustration & animosity is justified.

Just heard Geddy tell in a Teamrock Radio interview this evening (http://prog.teamrock...io-show-tonight) that:

• He really wanted to come over the UK and other countries where they have fans with the tour but that it's politically not possible right now.

• Ending the R40 tour was very difficult & hard for him. He was feeling low for several weeks after the tour.

• They basically have no future plans.

He sounded sad to my ears during this part of the interview...

Just heard Geddy tell in a Teamrock Radio interview this evening (http://prog.teamrock...io-show-tonight) that:

• He really wanted to come over the UK and other countries where they have fans with the tour but that it's politically not possible right now.

• Ending the R40 tour was very difficult & hard for him. He was feeling low for several weeks after the tour.

I'm not surprised he's sad. He's spent the majority of his life in this band. It's got to be hard. I thought when he said in that other interview how they were all kind of doing their own things now that it sounded a bit wistful. It's always been kind of Geddys band and now he's got to face the fact that it's run its course. Personally I think it's a perfect time for them to stop. They've given us a ton of great music over the years.

• Like 1

This doesn't surprise me either - that he was sad and feeling low for several weeks after the tour - look at his face and watch him at the end of the LA show.

I'm sure Geddy hoped (as I began to in the middle of the tour), that Neil would change his mind and want to go on for another leg of the tour.