R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

My response above was mostly in jest. I hope the guys enjoy their time off, even if it's for forever. They have more than earned it. However......IF they all decide to do more work together in the future, I'm pretty sure it will be because they've decided they're still physically fit enough to do so. They are, after all, grown men who can take care of themselves and we know for a fact that they never do anything because they feel pushed into it by fans (other than playing "Losing It", perhaps). So having said that, I hope this place doesn't deteriorate into every single person who ever utters a hope about there someday being another album or show being labeled a selfish a-hole. What anybody says or wishes for on here will have zero effect on what Geddy, Alex or Neil end up doing with the rest of their lives. Letting go of an attachment you've had for a while can take time and it doesn't always mean you're not grateful for what you did get.
  • Like 2

Finishing their European leg of their 2nd Leg at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff (Wales).. now that would be a grand finale. Cardiff (CWL) Airport is just down the road as well !

Sod London.. (and their crappy O2). LOL.

Putting a candle in the window of sorts in hope of Leg 2!! (Now Rush related since it was in The Camera Eye vid on the Time Machine Tour!) :)http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/a_christmas_story_leg_lamp.jpg

Classic! The Heather Mills Leg Lamp. Sponsored by "A Christmas Story."

• Like 4

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

:rush: :rush: :rush:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

IDK. I don't think there will be one, they just seem... done; however, I find it odd they didn't end the tour in Toronto. I would think they would have a huge grand finale in their hometown.

I think it was to accomodate Neil,

He does live there.

• Like 1

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

IDK. I don't think there will be one, they just seem... done; however, I find it odd they didn't end the tour in Toronto. I would think they would have a huge grand finale in their hometown.

He does live there.

You nailed it Trouthead.

Neil lives north from LA. About 90 minutes away. He was one of the first to leave the after party at the LA Forum. Carrie was there too so they probably drove home together.

Thanks Neil for 40 awesome years. I will love you forever. Now have fun being a husband and more importantly a dad!!!

• Like 2

Were Nancy and Alex's wife (her name always escapes me for whatever reason) there too?

Charlene :)

:LOL:

It's an absolutely understandable mental block.

Somehow I doubt their parents were there. What fun would that be? :D

• Like 1

My response above was mostly in jest. I hope the guys enjoy their time off, even if it's for forever. They have more than earned it. However......IF they all decide to do more work together in the future, I'm pretty sure it will be because they've decided they're still physically fit enough to do so. They are, after all, grown men who can take care of themselves and we know for a fact that they never do anything because they feel pushed into it by fans (other than playing "Losing It", perhaps). So having said that, I hope this place doesn't deteriorate into every single person who ever utters a hope about there someday being another album or show being labeled a selfish a-hole. What anybody says or wishes for on here will have zero effect on what Geddy, Alex or Neil end up doing with the rest of their lives. Letting go of an attachment you've had for a while can take time and it doesn't always mean you're not grateful for what you did get.

Couldn't agree more.

Were Nancy and Alex's wife (her name always escapes me for whatever reason) there too?

Maybe that's how Carrie talks too.. "So... Will Geddy and Alex be bringing Nancy, and... What's her name??" :)

It's just a joke, don't go all Bard or FOH on me! :P

I think Geddy's Mom ROCKS! Not too sure about Alex's parents, though....

• Like 1

Just saw this on rush.com:

Thank you!

The R40 LIVE Tour wrapped up on August 1st in Los Angeles.

Thank you for forty awesome years.

And then I wondered why didn't they do 40 shows on this tour? That would have been nice :)

Obvious.

A classy, calm, chill, mellow exit.

Well done.

• Like 1

He does live there.

I think Neil has, does and always will scare the poo out of Geddy and Alex. Gotta keep the big man happy because he'll either kick your butt or spout random bits of sheer awesome brilliance until you cower to his every whim. I kid. Neil is fantastic and amazing, as are Geddy and Alex, of course. I'm sure ending in LA had more to do other than that's where Neil lives.

• Like 1

Maybe that's how Carrie talks too.. "So... Will Geddy and Alex be bringing Nancy, and... What's her name??" :)

It's just a joke, don't go all Bard or FOH on me! :P

I think Geddy's Mom ROCKS! Not too sure about Alex's parents, though....

I don't know why I can never remember her name. One evening I was thinking about them and sat there for two hours trying to force myself to remember her name. I kept envisioning in my mind that part from the Rio documentary when Alex talks about her coming to more shows on the VT tour than ever. That's how I finally recalled the name.

• Like 1

Just saw this on rush.com:

Thank you!

The R40 LIVE Tour wrapped up on August 1st in Los Angeles.

Thank you for forty awesome years.

And then I wondered why didn't they do 40 shows on this tour? That would have been nice :)

Obvious.

A classy, calm, chill, mellow exit.

Well done.

They probably said same/similar thing at end of R30.

He does live there.

I think Neil has, does and always will scare the poo out of Geddy and Alex. Gotta keep the big man happy because he'll either kick your butt or spout random bits of sheer awesome brilliance until you cower to his every whim. I kid. Neil is fantastic and amazing, as are Geddy and Alex, of course. I'm sure ending in LA had more to do other than that's where Neil lives.

I should imagine tour was mapped out to venue availability and the weather accross the regions - how many gigs were outdoors ?

He does live there.

I should imagine tour was mapped out to venue availability and the weather accross the regions - how many gigs were outdoors ?

Not Many!

Four outdoor gigs, performed sequentially almost in alphabetical order,

Austin, Alpharetta, Bristow, and Irvine.

Oh yeah, on Aug 2 Rush played a 'friends only' outdoor gig in Neils yard, which also qualifies as their last ever show.

It would be hard to top that tour. I liked the 1st set alot bit the second set was one for the ages. So many old classics in a row.

Also it would be tough to top Clockwork Angles as an album. Even alot of old school fans loved that album.

If this the end, they definitely went out on top.

• Like 1

They wouldn't add leg 2 after they put out the live album. They'd lose money if they did that.

They did a second leg in 2008 after releasing "Snakes & Arrows LIVE", and that leg did pretty much just as well as the '07 leg :yes: