R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

I just want to wait and see. Everything we've heard is speculation with or without backing. My suspicion is that Ged and Al want to keep going forward, and Neil doesn't, so they at least will take some time off. I am still hoping for another tour in a few years, but I think it's pretty unlikely. I think that Alex and Geddy might work on some new material, with or without Neil.

I feel that they likely don't want to decide right now wether or not this is the end, and they should certainly not announce it. They probably all feel (maybe just Geddy and Alex) that they might possibly maybe want to do something in the future as Rush, so they don't want to call it the end, even if it is.

But for now, until Saturday (and possibly further).... :rush: on!

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

• Like 1

As silly as this will sound to some, I will ask it anyway.

Any chance Neil is actually having a good time this tour and will reconsider his earlier decision?

8d89e7f1d30937ec6f750f82259c9aff.jpg

This, if anything, will be what changes his mind.

He's got enough of that these days. Enough to provide for his retirement and his family will never want for anything.

It's ovah as of this Saturday.

Accept it, kids.

"...if anything..."

But I hope they end it. That would be a perfect exit.

The end or not. They have created a body of work that will continue to influence musicians (and music fans) for many years to come(and longer). In that sense, they are immortal for an unlimited time. Prediction(based-on gut feeling): Geddy and Alex will continue to create music and perform. If Neil chooses to not be a part of it, they will simply call it something else(instead of Rush).
  • Like 2

Likelihood does not seem to play for some folks.

Long shots pay off sometimes.

But not this time.

But it's no big deal. The world will keep spinning. :)

Being a realist about aging and 40 year rock star careers is not being a killjoy, I might add.

I will bet solid money 99.9% of the Rush fans at the Forum on Saturday night will know damn good and well it's Rush's last show.

Figure the house will be brought down accordingly. Should be a blast. :)

Like I said, keep an eye out for the Geddy and Alex Families on Saturday night. If they both travel down to LA from Toronto, the likelihood of this being IT grows.

Not necessarily. They could be there just because it's the last date of the tour too. Now if the moms make an appearance, I'll agree with that.

Edited by EagleMoon

Like I said, keep an eye out for the Geddy and Alex Families on Saturday night. If they both travel down to LA from Toronto, the likelihood of this being IT grows.

Not necessarily. They could be there just because it's the last date of the tour too. Now if the moms make an appearance, I'll agree with that.

Do the wives usually do that - attend the last show of a tour? I would think after all these decades, it's no big deal to them anymore - last show of tour or not.

Do the wives usually do that - attend the last show of a tour? I would think after all these decades, it's no big deal to them anymore - last show of tour or not.

I think they were last tour. They probably want to celebrate. :)

• Like 1

I think they were last tour. They probably want to celebrate. :)

Yep, they are happy their husbands are home. Give it about a week and they start wondering how soon the next tour is. :P

• Like 3

He's just being a troll. Alex himself said most likely there is another album or two.

Alex has said that, but I keep feeling like it's just a way of denying the "Last Tour" moniker that R40 has become. To even record new material is going to mean Alex and Neil have to stay in reasonably good shape; regularly practice, and not have their infirmities get in the way.

I know Geddy has this expensive new studio, and I have every expectation that we will be hearing solo stuff from him, but I have real doubts that Alex or Neil will play any significant part in it.

I'd view any new Rush material or performances as icing on the cake, but I honestly think when they leave the stage on Saturday, that's the last of Rush as a performing or even recording band we're likely to see.

:goodone:

The way I see it, anything we've gotten from Rush after August 1997 has been a gift and icing on the cake.

I think Rush is over. But, it's been a fantastic ride, so I'm okay with that. :)

:cheers:

• Like 2

He's just being a troll. Alex himself said most likely there is another album or two.

Alex has said that, but I keep feeling like it's just a way of denying the "Last Tour" moniker that R40 has become. To even record new material is going to mean Alex and Neil have to stay in reasonably good shape; regularly practice, and not have their infirmities get in the way.

I know Geddy has this expensive new studio, and I have every expectation that we will be hearing solo stuff from him, but I have real doubts that Alex or Neil will play any significant part in it.

I'd view any new Rush material or performances as icing on the cake, but I honestly think when they leave the stage on Saturday, that's the last of Rush as a performing or even recording band we're likely to see.

:goodone:

I think Rush is over. But, it's been a fantastic ride, so I'm okay with that

I'm not. I want more! They're just hitting their prime
  • Like 1

Being something out of our control, we'll have to face and cope with the future of the band, whatever will be.

I am not confident, but I'll save a couple of euros to be used for an U.R.S.A.. (Unexpected Rush Show Announced)

• Like 2

as I posted on another thread

ok so one final thought on this. They have said this is likely the last major tour of this size, what I am thinking is that if they come back around in the spring of 2016, it is still the same tour( I know picking at straws), however, the last graphic is 40+...much like the time machine tour where the clock ran forward at the end instead of backward...well here's hoping anyway.

They should do some standing shows in LA. Ged and Al can fly in their families, Neil could be with his fam. Every day or two, Neil could bike over to the venue, soundcheck, play the show with Ged and Al, and go back home. Maybe every other day for two or so weeks. Maybe playing setlists from tours Vapor Trails up. Or maybe some select albums (Maybe MP, PeW, CA, S&A, PoW or something?). I'm sure fans would fly in from all over the country to see them.

Another album would be fantastic, especially considering that they could do it in LA or Toronto, even in their own homes.

.....Or possibly do the same thing from Las Vegas Britney Spears.I'd fly there to see shows over let's say a two month set of shows. Not much travel, touring costs would be low and Neil wouldn't be too far from home. I don't know just hoping for more shows with less wear and tear on the band.

They should do some standing shows in LA. Ged and Al can fly in their families, Neil could be with his fam. Every day or two, Neil could bike over to the venue, soundcheck, play the show with Ged and Al, and go back home. Maybe every other day for two or so weeks. Maybe playing setlists from tours Vapor Trails up. Or maybe some select albums (Maybe MP, PeW, CA, S&A, PoW or something?). I'm sure fans would fly in from all over the country to see them.

Another album would be fantastic, especially considering that they could do it in LA or Toronto, even in their own homes.

.....Or possibly do the same thing from Las Vegas Britney Spears.I'd fly there to see shows over let's say a two month set of shows. Not much travel, touring costs would be low and Neil wouldn't be too far from home. I don't know just hoping for more shows with less wear and tear on the band.

I don't think Rush would be into a residency in Vegas. It just doesn't seem to be "them". But, money talks!