R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

They should do some standing shows in LA. Ged and Al can fly in their families, Neil could be with his fam. Every day or two, Neil could bike over to the venue, soundcheck, play the show with Ged and Al, and go back home. Maybe every other day for two or so weeks. Maybe playing setlists from tours Vapor Trails up. Or maybe some select albums (Maybe MP, PeW, CA, S&A, PoW or something?). I'm sure fans would fly in from all over the country to see them.

Another album would be fantastic, especially considering that they could do it in LA or Toronto, even in their own homes.

As silly as this will sound to some, I will ask it anyway.

Any chance Neil is actually having a good time this tour and will reconsider his earlier decision?

8d89e7f1d30937ec6f750f82259c9aff.jpg

This, if anything, will be what changes his mind.

• Like 1

No reason they couldn't do album performances in a semi-residence fashion. 3 albums per night with an intermission between sets. For example...

Night 1

Rush

Fly by Night

Caress of Steel

Night 2

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres

Night 3

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

etc...

Spread it out over a couple of weeks to go easy on Geddy's voice.

Any chance Neil is actually having a good time this tour and will reconsider his earlier decision?

He's got enough of that these days. Enough to provide for his retirement and his family will never want for anything.

It's ovah as of this Saturday.

Accept it, kids.

They should do some standing shows in LA. Ged and Al can fly in their families, Neil could be with his fam. Every day or two, Neil could bike over to the venue, soundcheck, play the show with Ged and Al, and go back home. Maybe every other day for two or so weeks. Maybe playing setlists from tours Vapor Trails up. Or maybe some select albums (Maybe MP, PeW, CA, S&A, PoW or something?). I'm sure fans would fly in from all over the country to see them.

Nope.

No reason they couldn't do album performances in a semi-residence fashion. 3 albums per night with an intermission between sets. For example...

Night 1

Rush

Fly by Night

Caress of Steel

Night 2

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres

Night 3

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

etc...

LOL. Sure. That isn't expecting much., :)

No residencies.

A Geddy solo album may be likely.

A one-off here and there in Toronto, NY, or La may be possible in a couple years or three, but only remotely.

Edited by Bard

Night 1

Rush

Fly by Night

Caress of Steel

Night 2

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres

Night 3

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

etc...

I guess the tickets fight for the first week would be just a little wilder than week two....

Every Rush fan deserves to see this incredible show, but just don't see a 2nd leg happening. LA will be it.

Prediction is theyll release a new album in a couple years, and then, for the satisfaction of playing said album live, will have a handful of shows at smaller venues (ie. radio city, massey, etc), no residencies. There wont be an album tour, or any trips down memory lane - thats what R40 has been.

Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

The 2016 Tour will be a cross country jaunt of places they May have not played in many, many moons.

As that Broad who sings for Aerosmith sang...'Dream On.

R40-2016 Summer Tour West to West

San Diego

Albuquerque

San Antonio

Pensacola

Memphis

Louisville

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh (Fine, we get it, u think your special!) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

Cleveland (See Pittsburgh)

Dover (Have you been to Dover before)

Providence

Halifax

Quebec City

Ottawa

Winnipeg

Milwaukee( Because Summerfest is there and they have beer)

Fargo

Saskatoon or Regina TBD

Boise (So Lorraine can go) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

You forgot The Gorge Amphitheater..............in my dreams though cuz I'm thinking it's not gonna happen. But I so want you to be right and me to be wrong.

Edited by driventotheedge

Every Rush fan deserves to see this incredible show, but just don't see a 2nd leg happening. LA will be it.

Prediction is theyll release a new album in a couple years, and then, for the satisfaction of playing said album live, will have a handful of shows at smaller venues (ie. radio city, massey, etc), no residencies. There wont be an album tour, or any trips down memory lane - thats what R40 has been.

I agree. The guys are over with long tours. Especially since this one is just older material and they always have focused on touring with new material. They aren't a nastolgic bunch.

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

:rush: :rush: :rush:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

IDK. I don't think there will be one, they just seem... done; however, I find it odd they didn't end the tour in Toronto. I would think they would have a huge grand finale in their hometown.

• Like 1

I think he is having a good time BECAUSE he knows it is coming to an end. The soreness, the travel, the being away from family, I am glad he is having fun, but IMO, it's not because he'll miss it.

You know how when you give a 2 week notice for a job, and you are actually happy to go in to work? You can approach it 2 ways, go through the motions or give it your best for 2 weeks. It's on the employee. And Neil is a great employee dedicated to his skill.

You are anticipating something new. A new beginning. And that feeling is awesome.

Yeah, they are done after this. They shared with us the majority of their lives, now they need to retire, relax and spend time with their families. No more tours, no more albums. They need to lay down and reflect. Preferably in a hammock. Wearing one of those beer hats, filled with wine though of course.

I think he is having a good time BECAUSE he knows it is coming to an end. The soreness, the travel, the being away from family, I am glad he is having fun, but IMO, it's not because he'll miss it.

You know how when you give a 2 week notice for a job, and you are actually happy to go in to work? You can approach it 2 ways, go through the motions or give it your best for 2 weeks. It's on the employee. And Neil is a great employee dedicated to his skill.

You are anticipating something new. A new beginning. And that feeling is awesome.

Yeah, they are done after this. They shared with us the majority of their lives, now they need to retire, relax and spend time with their families. No more tours, no more albums. They need to lay down and reflect. Preferably in a hammock. Wearing one of those beer hats, filled with wine though of course.

After what I saw in Vegas, they are not done. Mark my words :)

• Like 2

Neil is done after Saturday.

Believe it.

He's earned it. It's all good.

Does that include no more albums? Because if so, I'll make you a little side bet :)

• Like 1

A fact of life. They are accustomed to a lifestyle that only piles of that stuff can provide. I hope he has good investment advice and a trust here and there set up. If he spends it like water, they will return to the stage at some point in the future.

• Like 1

I think its hard for them to do a run of shows at one venue since Ged cant sing two nights in a row. They would have to set it up mabe so that one night is all instrumental to give his voice a break. Maybe something gimmicky where half the show would be performed with string ensemble or having guest vocalists. They could have Seb Bach sing they early stuff. Or maybe they could have various spcial guests doing performances on various songs. A true celebration.

I don't think there will be any additional North American shows on this tour. My wishful thinking tells me they might be able to do a few shows in Europe, but I seriously doubt it. I'll just assume this is it for now and then perhaps I will be surprised someday in the future.