R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

The 2016 Tour will be a cross country jaunt of places they May have not played in many, many moons.

As that Broad who sings for Aerosmith sang...'Dream On.

R40-2016 Summer Tour West to West

San Diego

Albuquerque

San Antonio

Pensacola

Memphis

Louisville

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh (Fine, we get it, u think your special!) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

Cleveland (See Pittsburgh)

Dover (Have you been to Dover before)

Providence

Halifax

Quebec City

Ottawa

Winnipeg

Milwaukee( Because Summerfest is there and they have beer)

Fargo

Saskatoon or Regina TBD

Spokane (So Lorraine can go) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

I fixed it a little. That will look nice on the tour t-shirt too. :)

I take it all back.

Of course there's going to be a second leg.

And a European and South American leg.

And obviously they're going to circle around for Cleveland.

On a few select dates, Neil will be taking over guitar duties, Ged will don his DJ gear and spin house dubs from a Mac turntable while Alex plays bongos, forging a cutting edge New Millennium EDM-folk-Dixie fusion edition of Countdown.

Fear not, selfless fanboys. Your greatest hopes will soon be rewarded.

• Like 1

So let's dream and add

Milan

Edinburgh

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Rotterdam

But feel free to have a one week residency in London

I live in Edinburgh, and you can cross that right out. People have been talking about building a decent 10-12000 seater indoor arena here for decades and it's never happened, they've handed that gig to Glasgow, 50 miles to the west. They have a nice new 12.500 seat arena next to the old SSEC hall 4, where Rush have played many times. If Scotland is on Rush's radar for this tour-and I've got every digit on my body crossed that is, me and thousands of other Scots-the the Hydro Arena, as it's called, will be the place they'll play.

Please make it so...

SSE-Hydro-seats.jpg

So let's dream and add

Milan

Edinburgh

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Rotterdam

I live in Edinburgh, and you can cross that right out. People have been talking about building a decent 10-12000 seater indoor arena here for decades and it's never happened, they've handed that gig to Glasgow, 50 miles to the west. They have a nice new 12.500 seat arena next to the old SSEC hall 4, where Rush have played many times. If Scotland is on Rush's radar for this tour-and I've got every digit on my body crossed that is, me and thousands of other Scots-the the Hydro Arena, as it's called, will be the place they'll play.

Please make it so...

SSE-Hydro-seats.jpg

I went to Glasgow SECC for my only TM tour date (if I remember correctly I chose that destination because it was on saturday and I had to get a flight to see at least one date anyway)

I know all the arena shows in Scotland are held on Clyde shores but I added Edinburgh in my list cos I remember an Edinburgh Playhouse bootleg during Signals tour.

Say 'Hi' to Auld Reekie for me; it's one of my favourite places. Slainte!

I take it all back.

Of course there's going to be a second leg.

And a European and South American leg.

And obviously they're going to circle around for Cleveland.

On a few select dates, Neil will be taking over guitar duties, Ged will don his DJ gear and spin house dubs from a Mac turntable while Alex plays bongos, forging a cutting edge New Millennium EDM-folk-Dixie fusion edition of Countdown.

Fear not, selfless fanboys. Your greatest hopes will soon be rewarded.

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

I'd love to see Ged as DJ :7up: I think he would be a great DJ. He can easily fit in with the rest of the superstar DJs. I can already see him with a cool pair of headphones wrapped around his neck doing his thing :LOL: He can wear his current stage outfit(s) for those DJ gigs as well! :D

And as for Alex: your EDM prediction actually seems correct. He's told Eddie Trunk that he's (maybe) doing some work for an EDM artist... The fact that his son is into making EDM (trance) makes it almost believable :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 1

So let's dream and add

Milan

Edinburgh

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Rotterdam

Please make it so...

SSE-Hydro-seats.jpg

I went to Glasgow SECC for my only TM tour date (if I remember correctly I chose that destination because it was on saturday and I had to get a flight to see at least one date anyway)

I know all the arena shows in Scotland are held on Clyde shores but I added Edinburgh in my list cos I remember an Edinburgh Playhouse bootleg during Signals tour.

Hi to you as well geezer!

But that Signals show wasn't from the Playhouse theatre (nice old Victorian theatre, about 3000 capacity, right in the city centre), but would have been one of two shows in May 1983, at the Royal Highland Exhibition Hall, at Ingliston, which is out to the west of the city, near the airport. Just a glorified shed really, even worse than hall 4 at the SSEC Glasgow-and that's saying something. :codger:

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

:rush: :rush: :rush:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

The emperor Peart has declared:

http://pop-break.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/TINH_logo_dl.jpg

So let's dream and add

Milan

Edinburgh

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Rotterdam

Please make it so...

SSE-Hydro-seats.jpg

Hi to you as well geezer!

But that Signals show wasn't from the Playhouse theatre (nice old Victorian theatre, about 3000 capacity, right in the city centre), but would have been one of two shows in May 1983, at the Royal Highland Exhibition Hall, at Ingliston, which is out to the west of the city, near the airport. Just a glorified shed really, even worse than hall 4 at the SSEC Glasgow-and that's saying something. :codger:

You're right about the venue! My memory starts failing but at the moment I can still use the excuse of the many bootlegs I have seen thru the years!

P.S.: I was at the Playhouse in 1987 for three Marillion shows.

Edited by geezer

As silly as this will sound to some, I will ask it anyway.

Any chance Neil is actually having a good time this tour and will reconsider his earlier decision?

I think he is having a good time BECAUSE he knows it is coming to an end. The soreness, the travel, the being away from family, I am glad he is having fun, but IMO, it's not because he'll miss it.

You know how when you give a 2 week notice for a job, and you are actually happy to go in to work? You can approach it 2 ways, go through the motions or give it your best for 2 weeks. It's on the employee. And Neil is a great employee dedicated to his skill.

You are anticipating something new. A new beginning. And that feeling is awesome.

• Like 9

As silly as this will sound to some, I will ask it anyway.

Any chance Neil is actually having a good time this tour and will reconsider his earlier decision?

I think he is having a good time BECAUSE he knows it is coming to an end. The soreness, the travel, the being away from family, I am glad he is having fun, but IMO, it's not because he'll miss it.

You know how when you give a 2 week notice for a job, and you are actually happy to go in to work? You can approach it 2 ways, go through the motions or give it your best for 2 weeks. It's on the employee. And Neil is a great employee dedicated to his skill.

You are anticipating something new. A new beginning. And that feeling is awesome.

Yes, I can relate to that totally, so I understand what you are saying. When you know for certain that something is definitely ending and exactly when it will end, all of a sudden the things that drove you nuts are tolerable and your attitude changes completely.

Thanks for putting it in perspective. I should have thought of that myself.

• Like 4

Neil is a hard dude to read based on facial expression. When I watch him perform, he looks a little glum and scowly to me, but I'm sure that's his focus, not anything like a "resting bitch face" or whatever. In photos he looks pleasant enough - not all-out grinning, but not scowling, either. I was watching him play What You're Doing on youtube recently, and I found it impossible to fathom what might be going on there. He's not blasting fills into it every 5 seconds like he might have done in the old days - not over-playing it, I guess. But is he thinking "one more tune after this one? One more tune after this one?" and "six more shows after this one?" Then I gave myself a shake and said, "what the hell are you doing trying to speculate about a perfect stranger? Get back to work!|"
  • Like 2

Neil is a hard dude to read based on facial expression. When I watch him perform, he looks a little glum and scowly to me, but I'm sure that's his focus, not anything like a "resting bitch face" or whatever. In photos he looks pleasant enough - not all-out grinning, but not scowling, either. I was watching him play What You're Doing on youtube recently, and I found it impossible to fathom what might be going on there. He's not blasting fills into it every 5 seconds like he might have done in the old days - not over-playing it, I guess. But is he thinking "one more tune after this one? One more tune after this one?" and "six more shows after this one?" Then I gave myself a shake and said, "what the hell are you doing trying to speculate about a perfect stranger? Get back to work!|"

Toymaker, I'm not trying to read him. :unsure: Quit always trying to be so noble. :eh:

I asked a question - if there was any chance he would reconsider. That's all. :wacko:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Toymaker, I'm not trying to read him. :unsure: Quit always trying to be so noble. :eh:

I asked a question - if there was any chance he would reconsider. That's all. :wacko:

Strange, I actually wasn't trying to be anything there. Just making a post, like lots of folks do. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.

• Like 1

Neil is a hard dude to read based on facial expression. When I watch him perform, he looks a little glum and scowly to me, but I'm sure that's his focus, not anything like a "resting bitch face" or whatever. In photos he looks pleasant enough - not all-out grinning, but not scowling, either.

In the past, his "scowling" onstage persona often carried through backstage, except, around certain people. While I think the onstage face was a combination of concentration, determination, and perfectionism, the identical scowl took on a more self-defense feel backstage. His thinking is that if he looks miserable, people will be less likely to approach him. And, that's the way he wants it. It's a sound strategy that really works!

I was watching him play What You're Doing on youtube recently, and I found it impossible to fathom what might be going on there. He's not blasting fills into it every 5 seconds like he might have done in the old days - not over-playing it, I guess. But is he thinking "one more tune after this one? One more tune after this one?" and "six more shows after this one?" Then I gave myself a shake and said, "what the hell are you doing trying to speculate about a perfect stranger? Get back to work!|"

YES, that's exactly what he's thinking. Especially on this tour. He literally counts down shows and the closer to the end they get, the happier he is. Every now & then you'll see him & Alex make eye contact and if he's smiling, it usually means one of 'em just mouthed to the other, "5 more", "4 more", etc. I'll be interested to see how that "covert onstage banter" plays out on the final night...

Lorraine, to answer your question (in your heart, you already know this)... NO, no chance. :D

Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 3