11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

16. Christo

17. Rushman14

18. Hugh Ackman

18 and counting...still no place to meet up. LavenderBlue is decidedly a bad option

That's 17 TRF heads accounted for...with one on the fence

Eh hem...

The name is Huge... ;-}

Thank you...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202010%20Red%20Rocks%208-18/RushatRedRocks2010483.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 4

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

16. Christo

17. Rushman14

18. Hugh Ackman

18 and counting...still no place to meet up. LavenderBlue is decidedly a bad option

Eh hem...

The name is Huge... ;-}

Thank you...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202010%20Red%20Rocks%208-18/RushatRedRocks2010483.jpg

He posted mine wrong too. ( -I ) NBD - I'm going to RUSH!
  • Like 1

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

16. Christo

17. Rushman14

18. Hugh Ackman

Eh hem...

The name is Huge... ;-}

Thank you...

He posted mine wrong too. ( -I ) NBD - I'm going to RUSH!

My apologies. Posting from my phone is a pain in the arse at times...forgive me please!

I looked at the Forum's website and it says they open one hour prior to showtime. I tried calling to see if there will be any sort of bar open prior to that, but I had to leave a message and who knows if I'll get a call back.

So we've got all these TRFers going to the show and we really need some place to meet! What about bars a few miles away (aka short taxi distance)? I know at least a few of us are staying by the airport--will people be up for meeting at an airport hotel?

http://www.losangeles.com/bars-near-los-angeles-forum

^^^ Here's a link to bars by the Forum. The Annex sounds like a nice place. From Yelp...

This place is beyond ghetto but if you want to get drunk this is where you go. The bartender is a hood as gay guy but he will load your cocktail with alot of alcohol. They do karaoke which is hilarious!! Drunk gay guys performing Prince, Michael Jackson...man I have had some good times here. I must reiterate the ghettoness of this establishment. You park on the street and hope for the best.

• Like 1

I looked at the Forum's website and it says they open one hour prior to showtime. I tried calling to see if there will be any sort of bar open prior to that, but I had to leave a message and who knows if I'll get a call back.

So we've got all these TRFers going to the show and we really need some place to meet! What about bars a few miles away (aka short taxi distance)? I know at least a few of us are staying by the airport--will people be up for meeting at an airport hotel?

http://www.losangeles.com/bars-near-los-angeles-forum

^^^ Here's a link to bars by the Forum. The Annex sounds like a nice place. From Yelp...

This place is beyond ghetto but if you want to get drunk this is where you go. The bartender is a hood as gay guy but he will load your cocktail with alot of alcohol. They do karaoke which is hilarious!! Drunk gay guys performing Prince, Michael Jackson...man I have had some good times here. I must reiterate the ghettoness of this establishment. You park on the street and hope for the best.

I'm there. Don't bring yer ho's
  • Like 1

http://www.losangele...s-angeles-forum

Mention Goose and get a private suite
  • Like 3

Here's your place: Market Street Bar & Grill

• 244 S Market St, Inglewood

This is a tiny bar- so tiny you could almost walk right past and never see it. Market St. is pretty dead in the evenings, so it seems to be the only thing open.

We walked in and, like other reviewers, were immediately greeted by the bartender, Tony, who offered us stools right at the bar. Everyone was watching the game, and during commercial breaks, a DJ played music.

The drinks were quite cheap, and people kept coming up to us and talking to us- a very nice change from a lot of standoffish places in LA! We also met the owner (I think her name was Betty?), and she was quite friendly to us.

We had a great time and some great conversation. We'll certainly be back, and since we do rent out to a lot of AirBnb guests at our place, we'll recommend it for cheap drinks before Forum shows! Convenient location.

• Like 1

Mention Goose and get a private suite

You want to avoid the private suites at the Annex. Trust me...
  • Like 1

Can I bring Ho-Hos?

picture-of-ho-hos-junk-food.jpg

Can I bring Ho-Hos?

picture-of-ho-hos-junk-food.jpg

I'll be having some pre-show edibles alright!

Well, usually the Forum hosts sponsors outside the venue before doors open. Several tables all around the venue often host informal beer / cocktail concessionaires for waiting patrons. But I'm not certain about the particulars show to show. Last few shows I've hit, there were hundreds of fans milling around before doors having beer and wine and expensive well drinks. There's no guarantee that'll be the case on Saturday, but it might be an option.

The mezzanine bars, yeah, they'll only be an option for an hour or two before the show. I'm actually not quite sure when doors are scheduled to open. 730 show, I'd usually think the Forum would open doors at 5 pm. Someone said 630?

I just spoke with someone at the Forum. They confirmed that there would be an outside bar that opens at 5pm on the day of the show. (The venue itself opens at 6, and the show starts at 7:30.) You do need to scan your ticket in order to enter this bar, and once you are in there are no in & outs. So, let's all meet at that outside bar at 5:00.

Now, how do we identify one another?

Well, usually the Forum hosts sponsors outside the venue before doors open. Several tables all around the venue often host informal beer / cocktail concessionaires for waiting patrons. But I'm not certain about the particulars show to show. Last few shows I've hit, there were hundreds of fans milling around before doors having beer and wine and expensive well drinks. There's no guarantee that'll be the case on Saturday, but it might be an option.

The mezzanine bars, yeah, they'll only be an option for an hour or two before the show. I'm actually not quite sure when doors are scheduled to open. 730 show, I'd usually think the Forum would open doors at 5 pm. Someone said 630?

I just spoke with someone at the Forum. They confirmed that there would be an outside bar that opens at 5pm on the day of the show. (The venue itself opens at 6, and the show starts at 7:30.) You do need to scan your ticket in order to enter this bar, and once you are in there are no in & outs. So, let's all meet at that outside bar at 5:00.

Thats a good idea. I know where that outside bar is, its on the north side of the Forum.

don't wear a shirt.

is this still happening?

• Like 1

is this still happening?

Yep. We'll be there. Other folks hopefully will.

Last night had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with robertrobyn, Rushman14, empty mindless spectre, Tom Healey, Stevie, and Animate.

Thanks to you all for just spending some time and sharing the moment.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150802_082643_01_zpsf22996f4.jpg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 9

Last night had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with robertrobyn, Rushman14, empty mindless spectre, Tom Healey, Stevie, and Animate.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150802_082643_01_zpsf22996f4.jpg

I posted this in the periscope thread but right back atcha brother. Great meeting you and the other TRF'rs. Here is the shot from my camera.

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/Fatorgan/IMG_5343_zpsttpwipaj.jpg

• Like 11

Hey guys, sorry I didn't make it to see y'all. I lost internet-ness so couldn't keep up with the conversation.

I did see Huge - met him at Amoeba records and again at RushCon.

I probably saw you - I was wearing my Rush/Kiss mash-up shirt which turned out to be quite appropriate!

Oh, and the gig? This little Aussie just saw the best gig ever!

• Like 2

I posted this in the periscope thread but right back atcha brother. Great meeting you and the other TRF'rs. Here is the shot from my camera.

Hey X1, what does your shirt say under f**k You?

Edited by Rushman14

Ace YBG tee shirt! :LOL:

• Like 2

Nice Photos... Brilliant stuff...

• Like 2