The Last Hurrah: TRF Members at the LA Show

Do we know where we're all meeting up?

does anybody know about the bars inside the venue

But that wouldn't give us very much time since doors only open an hour before the show. There's got to be something, somewhere!

I believe LA is a dry town. I could be wrong, though.

Now Mrs Wife is saying "just get on an effing plane and I will buy you a front row ticket to the LA show."

She does know how expensive that is and they are all sold? (...and its a cross country flight).

Tell her the front row tickets are about $10,000 each, then ask her if she still plans to buy you one. :LOL:

Thanks, I checked briefly, a couple grand for seventh row side. I said goodbye last month, but its fun to dream I'd make the trip. Not sure the goodbye thing again would be fun. Its an epic event, and h/t all fans making the pilgrimage!

You SURE you won't be kicking yourself a year or two from now if you don't do it? ;) After your wife even told you to go?

I might. I'm very worried that I will be standing at LAX Saturday am, lookin at my reflection telling myself...seriously, you didn't trek across the country, did you!

Grow a pair. Goose showed up to Seattle with not a ticket. Ended up in a luxury box. He had to get his knees dirty of course. We all have our crosses to bear.

For the record, the room was fully carpeted. My knees were rug-burned, but clean.

By the way...I am 8 hours from LA by car. How am I not going...?

• Like 4

Now Mrs Wife is saying "just get on an effing plane and I will buy you a front row ticket to the LA show."

She does know how expensive that is and they are all sold? (...and its a cross country flight).

Tell her the front row tickets are about $10,000 each, then ask her if she still plans to buy you one. :LOL:

Thanks, I checked briefly, a couple grand for seventh row side. I said goodbye last month, but its fun to dream I'd make the trip. Not sure the goodbye thing again would be fun. Its an epic event, and h/t all fans making the pilgrimage!

You SURE you won't be kicking yourself a year or two from now if you don't do it? ;) After your wife even told you to go?

I might. I'm very worried that I will be standing at LAX Saturday am, lookin at my reflection telling myself...seriously, you didn't trek across the country, did you!

Grow a pair. Goose showed up to Seattle with not a ticket. Ended up in a luxury box. He had to get his knees dirty of course. We all have our crosses to bear.

For the record, the room was fully carpeted. My knees were rug-burned, but clean.

^^^^^A real man who knows his priorities

^^^^^A real man who knows his priorities

A singular event...how can I let it pass?

I shouldn't have bought those Portland tix. Now I know what I am missing...

So what was up with the Goose rug burn story, I missed that thread? I miss alot of stuff. BTW, just got back from Maine ocean vaca (yay!) totally sleep deprived up til 2 am watchin the scope. I LOVE RUSH!
  • Like 1

So what was up with the Goose rug burn story, I missed that thread? I miss alot of stuff. BTW, just got back from Maine ocean vaca (yay!) totally sleep deprived up til 2 am watchin the scope. I LOVE RUSH!

Hopefully you made it to Geddy's restaurant

That's it, you're going! Get in that car and drive on down there! Hey, if Grey can fly for 12 hours to go then you can drive for 8. Your knees are healed by now, right?

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 1

Hopefully you made it to Geddy's restaurant

Funny, I was in southern Maine, my younger bro continued the five hour drive up to Bar Harbor, he will definitely be going to Geddys and hopefully buying me a shirt!

That's it, you're going! Get in that car and drive on down there! Hey, if Grey can fly for 12 hours to go then you can drive for 8. Your knees are healed by now, right?

Grefriar is making me feel totally inadequate...
  • Like 2

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

16. Christo

17. Rushman14

That's 17 TRF heads accounted for...with one on the fence

OK, I'm in.

So you've got a couple of Aussies now. Party is officially started...!

Aussies make the world go 'round. Looking forward to seeing you on this end. Now if we can just agree to a place where safety can be assured. Apparently LA is a really dangerous city...unlike Goatnut. Which is the Shire of TN.
  • Like 2

Well, you can't have that, can you?! Get your butt in the car and come show him!

• Like 2

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

16. Christo

17. Rushman14

I got bumped from the list but I will be at RushCon and the Saturday show at The Fabulous Forum... Rock ON!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202013%20Hamilton%20ONT%20%206%20July/IMG_3819_zpsbe32d54b.jpg.

• Like 1

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

16. Christo

17. Rushman14

18. Hugh Ackman

18 and counting...still no place to meet up. LavenderBlue is decidedly a bad option

18 and counting...still no place to meet up. LavenderBlue is decidedly a bad option

I've been trying to politely say it. There really isn't a great place within walking distance of the Forum. There never has been. Unless someone has an RV in the parking lot. :)

There are, conversely, a large number of less than appetizing soul food joints nearby.

There are no bars worth a damn near the Forum. Believe me. I'm a frequent Forum attendee. :)

Plenty of GREAT spots within 5-10 miles of the Forum, however. :)

But the best bet is still the VIP mezzanine bars. :)

For those with concert experience at The Forum, are they usually cool with small cameras? The ticket says no cameras or recorders, but I'm assuming that really means no professional or detachable lenses as has been the case at the other shows this tour?

I've been trying to politely say it. There really isn't a great place within walking distance of the Forum. There never has been. Unless someone has an RV in the parking lot. :)

There are, conversely, a large number of less than appetizing soul food joints nearby.

There are no bars worth a damn near the Forum. Believe me. I'm a frequent Forum attendee. :)

Bad part about this is the limited time frame right? We can only congregate an hour before the show right?

For those with concert experience at The Forum, are they usually cool with small cameras? The ticket says no cameras or recorders, but I'm assuming that really means no professional or detachable lenses as has been the case at the other shows this tour?

Usually they are. It varies show to show, artist to artist. But small point n shoot digital cameras are usually okay.

Bad part about this is the limited time frame right? We can only congregate an hour before the show right?

Well, usually the Forum hosts sponsors outside the venue before doors open. Several tables all around the venue often host informal beer / cocktail concessionaires for waiting patrons. But I'm not certain about the particulars show to show. Last few shows I've hit, there were hundreds of fans milling around before doors having beer and wine and expensive well drinks. There's no guarantee that'll be the case on Saturday, but it might be an option.

The mezzanine bars, yeah, they'll only be an option for an hour or two before the show. I'm actually not quite sure when doors are scheduled to open. 730 show, I'd usually think the Forum would open doors at 5 pm. Someone said 630?

Edited by Bard

Well, you can't have that, can you?! Get your butt in the car and come show him!

Yeah goose, show me your knees. :)

Would really love to see you there, and don't forget to bring troutman.

• Like 1

I looked at the Forum's website and it says they open one hour prior to showtime. I tried calling to see if there will be any sort of bar open prior to that, but I had to leave a message and who knows if I'll get a call back.

So we've got all these TRFers going to the show and we really need some place to meet! What about bars a few miles away (aka short taxi distance)? I know at least a few of us are staying by the airport--will people be up for meeting at an airport hotel?