PCD~Post Concert Depression

Alsgalpal

There's a little phenomenon that I discovered after my first Rush concert for Counterparts in 97.

I was incredibly depressed after the show. I'm actually heartbroken this time around as the show had a flavor of "Thanks for the amazing ride, we retire soon!" Which is very VERY well deserved. SO we'll deserved.

My eldest daughter had the same reaction when I took her to see her favorite band, Paramore. She's the one that put a name to this sad, empty feeling bouncing around our shell of post concert bodies.

Does anyone else have this, or is this a genetic anomaly in my lineage?

Edited for a stoopid autocorrect.

Edited by Alsgalpal
  • Like 1

I will probably be brought to tears Saturday night knowing this might be it for a very long time if ever again.

After 30 plus shows I knew the ride has to come to end one day for me and so many of us long time fans.

But what a ride it has been.

And I would live it all again......

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Just consider yourself lucky enough to have been able to see them. I was not able to see this tour, and have only had the chance to see them live 3 times. I'm sorry I just can't sympathize with you on this one (even though I do understand it).
  • Like 3

I'm usually on a pretty good high for a couple days after the concert...it is the following week that the sadness hits me, and this year it is especially bad because of maybe being the actual last time. One of the many reasons I started saving so I could go to multiple shows each tour.
  • Like 1

Take two Periscopes of the next show, and call me in the morning.

(The Periscopes really do help!)

Yeah they do. I haven't been nearly as sad during this tour as I thought I would be, and I think it's because of the Periscope feeds. There's just something more fulfilling watching a concert live than seeing it later on YouTube. We're all virtual groupies. :LOL:

• Like 2

I never felt any of this until I was on my way home to Oklahoma from Denver. Get your Oklahoma diggs in. Nine hours to reflect on the fact I had most likely seen my last Rush show. I always had another tour to look forward to but not now.

I prescribed my self a SoCo with Coke and an episode Star Trek. I'm good now.

• Like 1

I'll watch the periscopes when I'm on WiFi.

I just want to crawl up on my motorcycle, blast Rush music and bawl my ever loving eyes out. My voice is still kind of gone, so I won't be noisy.

I feel bad for my coworkers today. They've had to deal with lines of cell phone photos from a proud parent whenever their child does something.... Not to mention wet blanket PCD syndrome.

Edited by Alsgalpal

I'm usually depressed until I get the "recording", then have a few more days of happiness when I get that...I'm at the point now that I'm about ready to listen to my copy, again, then try a few other versions I downloaded.

If I OD right away, it's a little much, because I listen to so much leading up to it

Odd, I've been on a high ever since, maybe it's because I still have other concerts I want to see. Gives me stuff to do and drive me forward. I'm very happy I did get to see them off on what could be their last tour so I feel very fortunate for that. It's an opportunity denied to many people so I want to appreciate what I got
  • Like 1

When I was driving home from the Vancouver show I started thinking about Losing It and how great it was, and that I'd probably never seen them, and then I started crying. Had to pull over and sit for 10 minutes until I could focus on the road again.
  • Like 2

Yes, August is going to royally suck, kids.

Yup, that it is. The only reason things don't suck for me now is I'm lucky enough to be able to attend multiple shows. If any of you can squeeze in one more show I highly encourage it,

No reason to be sad or depressed. :)

Cherish the memories you have of the show(s) you were at and be very grateful that you have them.

All good things come to an end, but you can always relive your memories with either a good bootleg of the particular show you were at, or the dvd that will be released.

• Like 6

I know how fun it is to be there, but it is a very fleeting thing. Any bummed out feelings I have usually happen while a show is happening and I'm not there. But after it's over, no. If I've been lucky enough to go, I'm happy.

There are a few excellent shows on youtube - full shows, with great clarity and sound. I find it amazing that I can sit at home and watch a full show a couple of days after it has happened, and while the tour is on-going - not to mention this periscope thing! Sure it's crappy sound and video, but I am loving the ability to interact with people. It's not the same, but it'll do.

Lorraine, I frequently wish that we could hook you up. (Not to mention dealing with your next-door problem.)

• Like 3

I am very sad today knowing last night could've been my last ever Rush show (lucky 13th). It just feels like this is the end but of course I pray I'm wrong.

I thankfully hit 14 with my last show....that always bugged me that there was a chance I'd only have 13 shows.....

I get that if I know that it'll be a very long time before seeing that band again or if I don't make the most out of the concert.

When I was driving home from the Vancouver show I started thinking about Losing It and how great it was, and that I'd probably never seen them, and then I started crying. Had to pull over and sit for 10 minutes until I could focus on the road again.

That's sad, but I can understand that.

It's a pity we can't freeze time.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

No reason to be sad or depressed. :)

Cherish the memories you have of the show(s) you were at and be very grateful that you have them.

All good things come to an end, but you can always relive your memories with either a good bootleg of the particular show you were at, or the dvd that will be released.

And that is why I've decided to film as much clips as I could during the 4 R40 shows I've attended. I'm almost done editing everything. Now it's all coming together it is so awesome to be able to relive many parts of my 4 shows all over again and again. I'm looking forward to the oficial DVD, but in case the editing turns out like the CA one I'm glad I've got about 2,5 hours of pure :rush: bliss stored on my Mac :)

• Like 4