Silly Things This Tour

x1yyz

We all know that Rush has a sense of humour. This not only comes out in the little films they do for the shows, but onstage as well. And it seems as though things are getting sillier as the tour draws to a close.

Here are some fun things I've seen this tour.

Vancouver:

Alex went over to Geddy, started making faces. Geddy missed singing a word or two because he started laughing, then put his hand up as a blinder so he could continue singing.

Alex stood on the drum riser, stuck his butt at Neil, and Neil started beating it with drumsticks.

At the very end of the show, Neil had a photocopy of a woman's face that he held up in front of his own. (I have no idea who she was--does anyone know?)

Seattle:

Two roadies dressed as cats came out onstage for no particular reason.

Roadies stood next to the drum kit holding up a life size cutout of Kiss. They stood there for several minutes until the guys all noticed.

At the beginning of 2112 Alex stood on the drum riser in the same stance as the Starman guy. Then he mimed pulling down his pants to ba the crowd.

What else have you seen?

• Like 10

Don't forget the inflatable dancing thingy behind the drum riser. I think that showed up in Toronto, and finished out the east coast.

And, at a couple of shows, they've had a roadie with a violin pretend to play with them. As if that would ever happen! A violinist playing with Rush! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!

• Like 9

It was cool when Alex had his copy of the YBG newspaper and mocked wiping with it in Seattle...that was an awesome tribute!

Did that actually happen? :LOL:

• Like 2

Al was next to Geddy messing with him during the Chicago encore and Ged was trying to shoo the fly away.

Also, during Xanadu, did anyone catch the 'bird of prey' hand gesture that Geddy did during that one high bend note from Al?

• Like 2

It was cool when Alex had his copy of the YBG newspaper and mocked wiping with it in Seattle...that was an awesome tribute!

We can only hope.

It was the Sheldon Cooper edition
  • Like 3

I don't know if this would be considered funny but at the Columbus show one of the extras guys on stage almost got taken out by a flash pot.
  • Like 2

Yeah in Buffalo we had the dancing air thing, with a maple leaf tshirt on

In NJ there were a couple of sumo wrestler dudes

Thanks!!! I forgot about the sumo wrestlers. I was totally baffled when that happened!

I recall Alex having a conversation with his dinosaurs. Don't remember if that was in person or on the scope!

Thanks!!! I forgot about the sumo wrestlers. I was totally baffled when that happened!

I recall Alex having a conversation with his dinosaurs. Don't remember if that was in person or on the scope!

That was in KC during Subdivisions...I remember it very well! Alex was on fire that night, playing SO well. Much better than Houston.

What about the end of the show before Garden Road when Neil stood up and did the Aqua Dance...remember that? Holding his nose and going down in the water? Remember--actually happened.

Oh yeah, he did do that. He's as big a goofball as Alex.

• Like 4

Portland:

During the 2112 intro a pantomime horse came onstage. Geddy cracked up when he turned around and saw it. Then, when the explosion happened the horse fell over dead.

Kiss made another appearance.

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 6

Best thing for me was in Minneapolis during 2112 where Alex wandered over to Geddy's unguarded microphone and yodeled (impressively I might add) into it where Geddy's vocable normally is in the song. He didn't to it in Calgary, but he did sing with Geddy during What your doing in a comedic way
  • Like 2

It sure looks like the roadies are doing goofy stuff without the prior knowledge of the band, as they seem to be genuinely surprised. This appeals to my silly side.
  • Like 8

San Jose:

A photo of a guy with long white hair and beard asking "Have you seen this wizard?" was taped to an onstage amp.

The pantomime horse returned during 2112, this time carrying a sign that said "Hay" to get people to yell.

Kiss made another appearance.

• Like 3

We can only hope.

It was the Sheldon Cooper edition

:LOL: