Which Rush albums do you think should be remixed?

YYZumbi

I find it interesting that Alex thinks that S&A's is too cluttered and yet doesn't say anything about CA, and it's even worse.
  • Like 1

I find it interesting that Alex thinks that S&A's is too cluttered and yet doesn't say anything about CA, and it's even worse.

They are very proud of the album. I think we must be deaf.

• Like 2

i think THEY are. To many years. to many loud show, lol.

Mick

• Like 3

Listening to Presto is like walking into an all white room with bright lights.

good job you don't need your sight to enjoy an astonishingly good attempt by Rush at making classic AOR.

• Like 3

Signals: Have Terry Brown redo it, only sit him down and make him listen to MP 100 times first. Like how we need to make Spielberg rewatch Jurassic Park on repeat before we let him make any more movies. "Do you see what you did there? Go back to doing that!"

RTB... just throw the raw materials out there and may the best fan mix win. IMO that's the worst-produced album. I'd rather have the mix be too in-your-face like the last few albums than have it be lost in a tin can.

(Slightly tangential, but if you want to know what classic-era Rush might have sounded like in today's production climate, you can just listen to certain tracks from the last Dream Theater album.)

Spielberg has barely stepped a foot wrong in the last twenty five years! Even the bad films are worthy simply because he went out of his comfort zone! And by bad for him, I mean overall excellent!

Terminal, War of the Worlds, Munich, Crystal Skull... all pretty bad. Don't even get me started on the unbearable Lincoln.

Terminal is sweet, no worse than 1941, and better than Always and Hook.

The War Of The Worlds is flawed, but excellent fun in places and the effects are astonishing.

Munich to be fair is a bad film. Forgot it exists. Again, better than Hook.

Crystal Skull is sadly not his fault, Lucas had the final say on the chosen script. The cast were good, the bad points at least laughable.

Tintin, War Horse, Catch Me If You Can, Schindler's List...these four films are good to absolutely world class extraordinary (Schindler's List is my favourite film of all time, proving that Jurassic Park wasn't even the best Spielberg film of 1993!).

Actually I didn't think Crystal Skull was that bad. Take out the fridge and the monkeys, and it's fine.

Jurassic Park was the best Spielberg film of 1993, and that's not a dig at Schindler's List. Jurassic Park is the best ___ film of ___. JP is the best. The end.

Thanks for not getting me started on Lincoln. ;)

Signals: Have Terry Brown redo it, only sit him down and make him listen to MP 100 times first. Like how we need to make Spielberg rewatch Jurassic Park on repeat before we let him make any more movies. "Do you see what you did there? Go back to doing that!"

RTB... just throw the raw materials out there and may the best fan mix win. IMO that's the worst-produced album. I'd rather have the mix be too in-your-face like the last few albums than have it be lost in a tin can.

(Slightly tangential, but if you want to know what classic-era Rush might have sounded like in today's production climate, you can just listen to certain tracks from the last Dream Theater album.)

Spielberg has barely stepped a foot wrong in the last twenty five years! Even the bad films are worthy simply because he went out of his comfort zone! And by bad for him, I mean overall excellent!

Terminal, War of the Worlds, Munich, Crystal Skull... all pretty bad. Don't even get me started on the unbearable Lincoln.

The War Of The Worlds is flawed, but excellent fun in places and the effects are astonishing.

Crystal Skull is sadly not his fault, Lucas had the final say on the chosen script. The cast were good, the bad points at least laughable.

Tintin, War Horse, Catch Me If You Can, Schindler's List...these four films are good to absolutely world class extraordinary (Schindler's List is my favourite film of all time, proving that Jurassic Park wasn't even the best Spielberg film of 1993!).

Actually I didn't think Crystal Skull was that bad. Take out the fridge and the monkeys, and it's fine.

Jurassic Park was the best Spielberg film of 1993, and that's not a dig at Schindler's List. Jurassic Park is the best ___ film of ___. JP is the best. The end.

I avoided Lincoln...you can have that!

I disagree completely about JP, I don't think it comes even halfway to reaching the greatness of the novel.

And Jaws is still the dudes best blockbuster.

I disagree completely about JP, I don't think it comes even halfway to reaching the greatness of the novel.

!!! Well, rather than continue to derail this thread, I've made a separate one for JP praise over in Video Vertigo... feel free to come and bask in the light of truth. :)

• Like 1

!!! Well, rather than continue to derail this thread, I've made a separate one for JP praise over in Video Vertigo... feel free to come and bask in the light of truth. :)

Talking about derailing the thread. :LOL:

• Like 1

Mick

Yeah I think the comment was sarcastic. :)

• Like 2

For me it is:

Rush In Rio

Clockwork Angels

Clockwork Angels Tour

It was also Vapor Trails, but they have fixed that now!

And the one that should do it is Steven Wilson!

This, plus Presto and RTB. I don't think the remix could beef up the sound, though, could it? Those would require re-recording of guitar, bass, drums...especially guitar.

Mick

as was mine, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

as was mine, lol

Mick

You, sarcastic?

NEVAH!

• Like 2

None. Every album is as it should be. Every album represents what the band wanted at that time, and it's up to us to either accept it or not. The only exception is VT because they later admitted that they screwed that one up and it shouldn't have been released in the condition that it was in. All the rest are what they are.
  • Like 1

Up to them, I guess, it is as it should be to their ears. But, I would like to hear a less cluttered mix of both CAs (studios and live) to enhance the strings that little bit more. I hear they are there, but I hear not what they do

Exit Stage Left, Rush in Rio, Clockwork Angels and Clockwork Angels Live would be my list of things to remaster. To actually say something nice, their 12 months of Rush vinyl reissue series this year has been fantastic. Got Caress of Steel, All the World's a Stage and Hemispheres and those albums have never sounded better!