Any love for Cold Fire?

Segue Myles

One of the bands best songs, rarely gets a mention.

Great tune. Great crunchy riff to get it started. Very melodic playing by Lifeson in the verses. I like the evocative imagery in some of the lyric lines, too - flame at the heart of a pawnbroker's diamond is great - there's a whole story in that one image, one that is sadly too common!
  • Like 2

I might've said before that I love all the songs.

:)

You have mentioned it a few times :LOL: Don't see how its possible with so many bad songs and albums they have made but to each her (in this case) own :rose: . As far as Cold Fire goes I kinda dig it. Great melody in my view... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I really like the song.

I got into Rush when CP was the newest album and my local radio played the crap out of this song for a long time. Whenever I hear the song it always reminds me of the excitement I had when I was first getting into the band. I'm surprised it was never played again after the CP tour. I was always under the impression it was the most popular single off the album.

• Like 1

I really like the song.

I got into Rush when CP was the newest album and my local radio played the crap out of this song for a long time. Whenever I hear the song it always reminds me of the excitement I had when I was first getting into the band. I'm surprised it was never played again after the CP tour. I was always under the impression it was the most popular single off the album.

It was a single?

Should have been released before Stink It Out.

• Like 1

I really like the song.

It was a single?

Stick It Out sucks...
  • Like 1

I really like the song.

It was a single?

Yes, it was. Stick It Out was the first single and then i'm pretty sure that Cold Fire was the second.

I really like the song.

It was a single?

Stick It Out sucks...

The one Rush song I have no problem saying I truly, truly, truly HATE! If that was my introduction I would not have proceeded any further.

I really like the song.

It was a single?

Stick It Out sucks...

The one Rush song I have no problem saying I truly, truly, truly HATE! If that was my introduction I would not have proceeded any further.

Why? Maybe you've explained before, but what is it about it that gives you the twitch?

One of the bands best songs, rarely gets a mention.

Great song! Yes. I love it.

I didn't even remember that it was a single, honestly.

• Like 1

I really like the song.

It was a single?

Stick It Out sucks...

Why? Maybe you've explained before, but what is it about it that gives you the twitch?

The lyrics, the mix, the production, the vocals, the dreadful chorus, the fact it is a single and fairly well known.

Awful song and it really jaded my view of the whole album. In fact, because it is only the second song on the album, I find it puts me off ever playing CP.

It's annoyingly Catchy.

Mick

It's no Nocturne now, is it :beathorse:

• Like 3

I might've said before that I love all the songs.

:)

I'm almost in the same boat as you. I love about 90 percent of what the band has recorded. That's the reason they are firmly my favorite band ever and always will be. It's also the reason I joined this forum.

• Like 1

I love everything from CoS-Presto (with Signals being my least favourite, but not at all hated), I greatly enjoy songs on both RTB and CP, I really like T4E, I love VT, SA is not memorable but is instrumentally great, and CA is fine.

The first two albums are growing on me.

I truly HATE only one song: Stick It Out, and really find SA a bore from start to finish...I'd say I am not far off!

I love everything from CoS-Presto (with Signals being my least favourite, but not at all hated), I greatly enjoy songs on both RTB and CP, I really like T4E, I love VT, SA is not memorable but is instrumentally great, and CA is fine.

I truly HATE only one song: Stick It Out, and really find SA a bore from start to finish...I'd say I am not far off!

The problem with CP for me is the material is way below par. However the production is possibly the best the've had. but without the material to support it. It don't mean jack, lol

Mick

• Like 1

The problem with CP for me is the material is way below par. However the production is possibly the best the've had. but without the material to support it. It don't mean jack, lol

Mick

Agreed.

It is a pretty faceless album as well. If you told me another band wrote and recorded this, with a singer inspired by Geddy, I'd believe you. Even RTB feels like a Rush album!

• Like 2