Just Listened to Everyday Glory Again

Bigbobby10

Everyday Glory and Cold Fire are two of my favourite Rush songs, and the only great songs on a rather lacklustre album.

I love Everyday Glory...and I don't know why I always get really emotional about the "no matter what they say" refrain...I can't remember the last time I listened to it without shedding some tears. (Yes, I'm serious about that. I don't know why it does that to me, but it does).

A better ending than the two albums before it, and one after.

I agree with the statement above, with the HUGE exception of Available Light- one of their best album closers ever! And just a fantastic song in its own right.

• Like 3

I love Everyday Glory...and I don't know why I always get really emotional about the "no matter what they say" refrain...I can't remember the last time I listened to it without shedding some tears. (Yes, I'm serious about that. I don't know why it does that to me, but it does).

I agree with the statement above, with the HUGE exception of Available Light- one of their best album closers ever! And just a fantastic song in its own right.

Available Light is the bands most beautiful closing song ever (not counting a certain instrumental *cough* LVS *cough*).

Everyday Glory is a brilliant song, beautiful lyrics and I love the softness of the melody. If the entire album were as strong as the last two tracks, Counterparts would likely be a smidge higher than Presto.

• Like 2

Available Light is the bands most beautiful closing song ever (not counting a certain instrumental *cough* LVS *cough*).

Everyday Glory is a brilliant song, beautiful lyrics and I love the softness of the melody. If the entire album were as strong as the last two tracks, Counterparts would likely be a smidge higher than Presto.

Preach on, my excellent English brother... :ebert:

• Like 1

I love it when we spotlight lesser valued or underappreciated Rush songs!
  • Like 2

Especially in the non-poll format. We should do this more often!

Great song. Though the newest closers I like are "Hold On" Same topic with a different point of view. Though the "The Garden" is an excellent Way to close out an album and a final musical statement to end a career.

If this is the last Album they do

Edited by madrushian

Count me in as one of the Everyday Glory enthusiasts too. Some great U2-esque hooks and riffs in it, and a great chorus. I love the "if the future's looking dark..." section!!!
  • Like 1

I now regard Counterparts as a real stinker, but the two best songs are absolutely incredible! I can see both being top ten in the near future. Cold Fire has been top ten before, I think it is gorgeous!

I hasten to add I like most songs on CP alone from the main album, but together i find it to be very monotonous.

Only reason why I did this song is that i think this song deserves WAY more attention than it gets, a lot more than their other underrated songs.

• Like 1

Only reason why I did this song is that i think this song deserves WAY more attention than it gets, a lot more than their other underrated songs.

Agreed, same goes to Cold Fire. Lemme start that thread...

• Like 1

Everyday Glory and Avaidable Light are superb.I love it when Alex does solos like these.Great lyrics and Geddy's plaintive singing(not screeching)are very emotive.Now if only they could have come up with something better than Carve Away The Stone and We Hold On.The Garden was a definite improvement.