Your Favorite Part(s) of the Show

That One Guy

It was fantastic hearing the Clockwork Angels songs they played. It's their newest album, they think very highly of it (as do many of us here), and it had every "right" to get as much play as it did.

Amen sister!
  • Like 2

What are yours?

For me, the surprise triple-threat of Hemispheres Prelude, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 was amazing.

I also loved the Trailer Park Boys appearance in the Roll The Bones video.

Also, the encore video and subsequent homage to themselves for the last few songs was great. Putting amps on chairs, just awesome.

Can't forget the barrage of ever-increasing washing machines and amps during the songs either :LOL:

All of the above, minus Roll The Bones (always considered that song the very worst of Rush).

Lakeside Park and Anthem were unexpected gems, especially when Geddy had said in the recent past that he hated Lakeside Park (and indeed anything prior to 2112!).

• Like 1

For the first set I found Distant Early Warning to be very powerful. The crowd really got into it. Second set, Jacob's Ladder. Just amazing.

My favorite part overall was the walk backwards through time. How the songs went from heavily layered to more and more sparse was genius!

Even though the stage effects including the amps were fake due to the fact that their amplification is run through the venue's PA system,the show was fantastic and still gave me goosebumps(good ones!). Funny I get them every time I listen to Soliloquy from 2112 on "All the world's a stage".

I can't list all the shows I have seen.Suffice to say that I have seen Rush every tour,every year in the Ne York,New Jersey,Montreal Canada area since my first on 4-6-1979 at Nassau Coliseum and ending 6-29-2015 at Madison Square Garden.I have seen them multiple times during these tours including 3 nights at Radio City during their Grace Under Pressure tour. Every show was an experience,a landmark and a very special time shared with friends.

God bless Rush and all my fellow Rush fans~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 2

Plus playing 3 off CA is inconsistent to what Alex said about not playing anything off Power Windows because they covered that album last tour.

Anyhow, amazing show all around. Just would have liked CA the song dropped for Prime Mover or Driven.

Even though the stage effects including the amps were fake due to the fact that their amplification is run through the venue's PA system,the show was fantastic and still gave me goosebumps(good ones!). Funny I get them every time I listen to Soliloquy from 2112 on "All the world's a stage".

I can't list all the shows I have seen.Suffice to say that I have seen Rush every tour,every year in the Ne York,New Jersey,Montreal Canada area since my first on 4-6-1979 at Nassau Coliseum and ending 6-29-2015 at Madison Square Garden.I have seen them multiple times during these tours including 3 nights at Radio City during their Grace Under Pressure tour. Every show was an experience,a landmark and a very special time shared with friends.

God bless Rush and all my fellow Rush fans~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narpets, what section in Brooklyn do you live in? :)

Just finished watching the R40 Jacob's Ladder and Roll the Bones vids, then added the NJ Losing It vid for good measure. What an amazing tour this was...
  • Like 5

Just finished watching the R40 Jacob's Ladder and Roll the Bones vids, then added the NJ Losing It vid for good measure. What an amazing tour this was...

Seattle was especially nice, considering you showed up with no ticket and ended up in a luxury box eating filet mignon. Epic is not the word bro!
  • Like 2

Seattle was especially nice, considering you showed up with no ticket and ended up in a luxury box eating filet mignon. Epic is not the word bro!

jealous!!! We had pressed hamburger patties & had to sit on the floor to eat them!
  • Like 1

For me it was when they went back into Cygnus X-I after the drum solo. I didn't see that coming at all, plus it's my favorite part of the song by a mile.

EDIT: Whoops, stole my thunder in the post made just today!

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

The 2nd set is the best ever.

I still feel having 3 songs off CA was a mistake. I think the boys have a great appreciation for those songs but most fans even die hard fans can take or leave CA. They should have only played 1 or 2 at the most.

Rush made RTB a great experience on R40. They could have found a song off Presto, T4E or Hold Your Fire to impress us in a different way.

If you are going to stick to 1 or 2 songs from every album, CA did not deserve 3...NOT on THIS tour.

Clockwork Angels deserved more on this tour, but it is what it is and whatever....

Feels like my show was longer than three months ago...

Hopefully The Boys will feel rested by early next year, and convince that knob Neil to keep touring and/or make a record, instead of taking 2016 off.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

My favorite part of the show are always the first minute who i got very emotional. And i am being very honest here, because i don't like the song "The Anarchist" who was the first song they played that night. After that i had to wail to the second set to feel more excitement with all the 70's stuff.

My favorite part of the show are always the first minute who i got very emotional. And i am being very honest here, because i don't like the song "The Anarchist" who was the first song they played that night. After that i had to wail to the second set to feel more excitement with all the 70's stuff.

I was floored by the surprise of the archive 70's selections. The first half of the show was excessively CA to me; I realize that isn't anywhere near a 100% opinion.

Meeting awesome Rush fans @ the Forum!!!!!

:cheers:

I tried to hit the SLC meetup, but as I recall the spot (bar?) was completely full when I got there and wouldn't let us in. So we went to a nearby bar and downed a pitcher before the show.