r40 blu ray??

nicky6

Hell yeah, Dave Bottrill is mixing it!

http://www.davidbottrill.com/

I don't mind the same film company recording it. They had some amazing camera work in CA Tour, they just need a better editor. And if the video editing is the worst part of this DVD/Blu-ray, that's just fine with me. I'd rather hear it than see it

• Like 4

If it's the same people who did CA tour. i'm not bothering till iread thoughts here. if it's bad. it'll be a skip for me. i'm Serious.

Mick

Yeah same here. If they have the same epileptic editing, forget it.

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere that the same people who did the last dvd clockwork angels, are doing this one again because they were so happy the way the last one came out, if that's true we are screwed, cause rush must not have read reviews about how unhappy people were with the mix and audio of that last one. ouch..

Well I've actually read some reviews of the CA Tour Blu Ray from people with newer sound setups and they say that after some tweaking everything sounds balanced and equal. For me, it sounds like a muddy, drumless wall of sound.

My friends surround makes it sound pretty decent, but overall it was a mess. Reminded me of the ESL mix a bit, except I like that record, CA sounds to thin and Neil is just too lost.

I don't mind the same film company recording it. They had some amazing camera work in CA Tour, they just need a better editor. And if the video editing is the worst part of this DVD/Blu-ray, that's just fine with me. I'd rather hear it than see it

Yeah, hearing he is working on it makes me happy. He did Tool's live record and it was great!!!

The Blu-Ray will be a day 1 purchase for me for sure. This was a special show for me. I wasn't around for Rush's late 70s-early 80s era, so I missed a lot of what many would consider the "golden age." I saw Neil's Candy Apple Red Tamas and the double neck guitar and bass only in photographs and on YouTube - these were things of legend! To see Neil return to this setup with the chimes and all, this was a dream come true for me. A chance to experience the legendary days with a legendary set list.
  • Like 1

Well I've actually read some reviews of the CA Tour Blu Ray from people with newer sound setups and they say that after some tweaking everything sounds balanced and equal. For me, it sounds like a muddy, drumless wall of sound.

I disagree, I have one of those fancy sound setups with the DTS-HD and it sounds just like you describe, a muddy wall of sound. They need to hire back whoever recorded All the World's a Stage or at least the Show of Hands people, their live releases have been terrible for a long time now.

All the worlds a stage????.... you gotta be kidding...great if you like raw garage band sound quality....

While I'm at it....I don't get the love affair with the muffled "chromey" drums from that LP either....they just sound like any muffled drumset with taped up concert toms and lots of "slap back" coming from the hall itself (in this case Massey).... that set hardly sounds spectacular...

I'm not always a fan of Neils tuning....but I've read some pretty crazy opinions regarding DW drums that don't add up...I think some people miss that dead taped up pillows everywhere sound....but even Peart acknowledged years go the more experienced he became as a player the less he wanted a dead sound...

Yeah, this holiday season is my bet. And I don't think that would automatically mean no added dates. The S&A dvd came out in the middle of that tour. (Mind you, I don't think they'll be adding any dates anyway. I just don't think the DVD release date would impact such a decision.)

I hope him only mentioning the two Toronto shows doesn't mean that we aren't getting at least an audio version of all the songs, including Losing it with Dinklage.