Least Favorite 1980's Rush Song

Presto11

What's the point of anyone feeling compelled to tell someone they disagree with their post?

Is it supposed to make the person change their mind?

Notify them of their stinky music taste?

Make them feel bad?

Impress them with your superiority?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

Insecure people get upset when their point of view is challenged.

Where's the dislike button. Has nothing to do with that.

What's the point of anyone feeling compelled to tell someone they disagree with their post?

Make them feel bad?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

Feel free to enlighten the class.

Make them feel bad?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

I just did in the previous post. The smiley face means...you have your opinion and I have mine....it's all good. Nothing more. You are reading too much into it. I think we need an emoticon class or something:) See what I did there.

• Like 1

What us your least favorite 80's Rush song. Mine is Hand a Over Fist from Presto. Really the only snob I don't like from the album.

Are you fuckingg crazy newbie? Obviously you aren't a drummer. Neil kills that song! WTF?

I have no time to waste on this thread anymore.

There are no bad 80's Rush songs.

Adios.

• Like 3

Make them feel bad?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

I just did in the previous post. The smiley face means...you have your opinion and I have mine....it's all good. Nothing more. You are reading too much into it. I think we need an emoticon class or something:) See what I did there.

I wasn't responding to any of your posts but to what Lorraine wrote.

Limelight? Superconductor? Toss up between those two. Love everything else released in that decade.

Limelight? Really?

I respect your opinion but this is a very unusual point of view, inasmuch as Limelight is generally regarded as a canonical Rush classic.

Part of this I'm sure is because I'm sick of hearing it and it never holds my attention the way other Rush songs do. (Even Tom Sawyer manages to do that.)

But it just isn't all that interesting to me. I get the lyrics and the message, but there isn't much more to interpret from them.

I also know it's Alex's favorite solo and I'm sure he has his reasons (which only he experienced) but for me it's kind of boring. I can think of dozens of solos I like better. (Grace Under Pressure alone has four or five.) Not really a fan of the multi-track approach to the guitar on this song either.

I just don't think it's a very dynamic song. (That may be a reason why it's a classic rock staple...I don't know.) If pushed, I think the outro is ok, but it looks even weaker when compared to the other three songs on that side of the album.

I'll admit it's fairly unusual not to like it but it just doesn't excite me the way other Rush songs do.

So while I'll admit it's generally considered a "classic," it doesn't mean that I have to like it

• Like 2

Limelight? Superconductor? Toss up between those two. Love everything else released in that decade.

Limelight? Really?

I respect your opinion but this is a very unusual point of view, inasmuch as Limelight is generally regarded as a canonical Rush classic.

Part of this I'm sure is because I'm sick of hearing it and it never holds my attention the way other Rush songs do. (Even Tom Sawyer manages to do that.)

But it just isn't all that interesting to me. I get the lyrics and the message, but there isn't much more to interpret from them.

I also know it's Alex's favorite solo and I'm sure he has his reasons (which only he experienced) but for me it's kind of boring. I can think of dozens of solos I like better. (Grace Under Pressure alone has four or five.) Not really a fan of the multi-track approach to the guitar on this song either.

I just don't think it's a very dynamic song. (That may be a reason why it's a classic rock staple...I don't know.) If pushed, I think the outro is ok, but it looks even weaker when compared to the other three songs on that side of the album.

I'll admit it's fairly unusual not to like it but it just doesn't excite me the way other Rush songs do.

So while I'll admit it's generally considered a "classic," it doesn't mean that I have to like it

Interesting to see a song that is considered classic common ground for all fans disliked - and disliked to the point of being considered the worst of the decade - esp in a decade where there is a lot to choose from

I don't feel the same way, but I think that is what makes these threads more interesting

• Like 2

What us your least favorite 80's Rush song. Mine is Hand a Over Fist from Presto. Really the only snob I don't like from the album.

NONE!

C'mon Earl, the question wasn't which song sucks the most, it was "your least favorite"

All songs are not created equal

Esp the Rush songs from the 1980s

• Like 1

NONE!

C'mon Earl, the question wasn't which song sucks the most, it was "your least favorite"

HAHAHA!! I love you Lucas! Guess I'm insane! I don't have a least favorite Rush song from the 80's.

Let's talk or type about the fukking 90's or 2000's.

My list will be longer than Santa's.....................................

Merry Rushmas!

"Counterparts" is the last great record.

I used to really hate "Speed Of Love" but I really like it now considering what the greatest band in the world put out since.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I can sort of live with Tai Shan, I like the outro with Alex's delay guitar. But High Water is all over the place, when it changes key, Geddy starts to sound like nails on a blackboard. Edited by tas7

I know I tend to give Signals a hard time, but my least favourite Rush song of the eighties doesn't come from this one.

It comes from Grace Under Pressure. Red Lenses is one of those brilliant songs that whilst I really enjoy it immensely, it doesn't really suit the album it comes from, and whilst I say it is brilliant, it is also a mood song. If I am not in the mood, I have to skip it!

So...Red Lenses. Behind it are Chemistry and Digital Man (two other songs I enjoy less than many others).

Lots of my favorite RUSH songs listed here -

Countdown

Chemistry

Digital Man

Marathon

Limelight

Middletown Dreams

Lock and Key

Prime Mover

Hand Over Fist

Body Electric

Turn The Page

Most in my top 50 RUSH songs at least!

Lol this is a list of my favourite Rush songs, though I'd replace one off this list (probably Countdown) with the brilliant Grand Designs

Edited by Lock And Key

I love Chemistry, but it's often listed as a least favorite.

Marathon is amazing, especially in the middle 7/8 section. Some great drumming during Alex's solo.

I love it as well it's brilliant one of the best

• Like 1

NONE!

HAHAHA!! I love you Lucas !

Talk about short lists - Earl, you are on a short one with that sentiment