Least Favorite 1980's Rush Song

Presto11

Scars,Anagram,High Water,Lock and Key.

So funny to see some of my favorite songs listed! If I see Countdown I'll crack up! :LOL:

Red Lenses would be my least favorite.

Superconductor as the runner up.

Exactly my picks- just reverse the order. Superconductor is the pits.

I love Presto overall, though. Just like Grace Under Pressure- I love it too, but Red Lenses is hard to digest.

• Like 1

For me, its a tie between Marathon and Anagram.

Marathon just never did anything for me musically. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the tempo to it or something, but for me it just sits in this plodding pace, and never really seems like it musically says anything. The lyrics are also pretty bad. And they're not bad in a fun or unique way like Red Lenses, for instance. Marathon's lyrics just mince all sorts of cheesy running terms together to not really say anything.

Anagram is bad lyrics for fun and uniqueness, but the song is boring, and sometimes the words aren't even fun and silly, they just sound like nonsense. Package that with boring piano and really nothing else happening... Meh.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

I love the mid section of Marathon. It's right up there with Freewil's for me. All three doing completely different things in their instruments and kicking ass.

Edited by Rod in Rio
  • Like 3

Hold Your Fire.

Good thing for you it turned you off so much you never heard the POS that followed it.

Too many to choose from. Power Windows and Presto are the pits with few exceptional songs on either one. Hold Your Fire is almost in the same category.

Couldn't disagree with this post more:)

So?

Thanks for sharing.

What's the point of anyone feeling compelled to tell someone they disagree with their post?

Is it supposed to make the person change their mind?

Notify them of their stinky music taste?

Make them feel bad?

Impress them with your superiority?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

• Like 4

Hold Your Fire.

Good thing for you it turned you off so much you never heard the POS that followed it.

Oh, no. I'm such a wh*re I own that one too. I just have no idea the last time I listened to it. Maybe 2010?

Why? Was that the first time? Can't think of another good reason...

Hold Your Fire.

Oh, no. I'm such a wh*re I own that one too. I just have no idea the last time I listened to it. Maybe 2010?

I went to the Time Machine tour. It was my first Rush show in more than 25 years. I had to brush up.

Hold Your Fire.

I went to the Time Machine tour. It was my first Rush show in more than 25 years. I had to brush up.

Mine too but I wanted to get pumped up for the show, not ambivalent about whether I even went.

Hold Your Fire.

Mine too but I wanted to get pumped up for the show, not ambivalent about whether I even went.

I also needed to figure out how I'd know when it was time to go to the bathroom.

Hold Your Fire.

I also needed to figure out how I'd know when it was time to go to the bathroom.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dfzsKzo7l4s/UpK8pIx0xDI/AAAAAAAAIDc/jPmQjzjKg7A/s1600/seems+legit4.gif

• Like 1

What's the point of anyone feeling compelled to tell someone they disagree with their post?

Make them feel bad?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

Insecure people get upset when their point of view is challenged.

• Like 1

Make them feel bad?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

Insecure people get upset when their point of view is challenged.

So true. I agree with Lorraine. And you make a valid point.

• Like 2

Make them feel bad?

Feedback?

All of the above?

None of the above?

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love The Weapon

You should too

The answer would be none of the above. Did you not see the smiley face? Just my way of saying I much prefer 80's Rush to your 70's Rush. It's all good.....literally.....it's Rush.

• Like 2