Alex discusses his history with PRS guitars *VIDEO*

ALifeson85

There are a few spoilers in that interview just so people know.

Thanks for the heads up! I was about to watch it lol
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this. Great interview. I like the part where he says that since the tour is going so well and they are really enjoying themselves, the talk of a final tour may have been a bit premature. But like he said, "We'll see". Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this. Great interview. I like the part where he says that since the tour is going so well...

http://glennpasch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/pile-of-cash.jpg

We'll see...

• Like 3

Hoping that they don't extend this tour though, then we'll have to wait another year for the DVD/CD

I personally hope they extend it to other countries. I feel really bad for those who didn't get to see it overseas. I was sad to only see two shows this tour. Then I remind myself how they must feel.

I can wait for the DVD if that's what they want to do. But If we can get another tour I really need one that focuses on Hold Your Fire, Presto and Test For Echo a little bit more before the call it quits.

DVD will be out before Christma$.

Anyone know if Alex is playing Closer To The Heart (as in just picked up the guitar and played specifically for this interview) on that or is it someone else?

It's seems to me he almost has an apologetic tone when talking about PRS. Maybe he's a little guilty about switching back to Gibson electrics? You can't tell me PRS couldn't develop any guitar that suited his needs, so I'm wondering whether the switch to Gibson was more for financial reasons. Not that a few extra bucks are bad or anything, it's just that I really don't see where there's much difference in his LP sound over what PRS could produce. And PRS has much more consistent quality.