Vancouver Periscope Thread - July 17, 2015

Union 5-3992

This is a link to a VancityBuzz article that has a lot of fun facts about the band, and their time in Vancouver.

BE WARNED, at the bottom of the article is a pic of what looks to be the setlist. At least I hope it is, because it's literally the perfect one for what I would have wanted tonight.

• Like 1

This is a link to a VancityBuzz article that has a lot of fun facts about the band, and their time in Vancouver.

BE WARNED, at the bottom of the article is a pic of what looks to be the setlist. At least I hope it is, because it's literally the perfect one for what I would have wanted tonight.

I'll be very surprised if that setlist is accurate.

I'll be very surprised if that setlist is accurate.

Me too. Incredibly, pleasantly surprised.

Doors are at 7, show at 8, correct?

Does anyone in Van know the general area of this building that Will Call is located?

Edited by puffyshirt

Fun article. Thanks!

I wonder if Vancouver is closer to Spokane than Seattle? Whichever one is closer, this is probably the closest I will ever get to Rush in my life.

Vancouver is about 125 miles north of Seattle, so Seattle is closer to you.

• Like 1

There have been rumors about a certain song being played as Ben Mink lives in Vancouver.

The cigarette butt penalty is stemming from the dry conditions here in Vancouver. We have had above average temperatures and very little rain since April. All the grass (not that grass) has turned brown and there is a huge fire hazard. last week there were 12 grass fires in one day alongside the road in a community south of the city. All caused by people throwing their butts out of car windows.

As for dogs, Vancouverites generally love dogs. Many stores allow people to bring their dogs into the stores. Even more stores put water bowls outside their doors for dogs. Some restaurants do allow dogs, regardless of size, on their patios. I didn't read the petition so I'm not sure what it is about, but it may be to allow dogs on all patios.

Will call is at Gate 10.

I agree with the previous comments about about concerts here. Seattle is a much better place to go and see a show for atmosphere.

• Like 1

There have been rumors about a certain song being played as Ben Mink lives in Vancouver.

The cigarette butt penalty is stemming from the dry conditions here in Vancouver. We have had above average temperatures and very little rain since April. All the grass (not that grass) has turned brown and there is a huge fire hazard. last week there were 12 grass fires in one day alongside the road in a community south of the city. All caused by people throwing their butts out of car windows.

As for dogs, Vancouverites generally love dogs. Many stores allow people to bring their dogs into the stores. Even more stores put water bowls outside their doors for dogs. Some restaurants do allow dogs, regardless of size, on their patios. I didn't read the petition so I'm not sure what it is about, but it may be to allow dogs on all patios.

Will call is at Gate 10.

I agree with the previous comments about about concerts here. Seattle is a much better place to go and see a show for atmosphere.

We have had the same weather here in Spokane which is why I held my breath and hoped for the best on July 4th. No rain for weeks and weeks. Everything bone dry. In short - major fire hazard compounded by the vacant home around the corner from us whose overgrown backyard is adjacent to ours. Even though fireworks are against the law, that doesn't stop anyone since they know nothing is done to enforce the law. Like everything else, they (the powers that be) will wait until something awful happens before they do that.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Looking forward to tonight's scope! The Calgary show was my first scope, and I had so much fun its ridiculous. Also...this is one of my first posts on the forums, so I'm super new!

Also, I'll do my best to Periscope the Vegas show next week! Probably will only be able to do a few tunes though because of battery life. First or second half?

Welcome to the forum, MeanMeanPride.

:cheers:

Thank you! It's a lot of fun to see other people are fanatical as myself (and more so).

As far as the chances of a certain song being played tonight, I can't wait to hopefully see it. I would love it if they would play it in Vegas, but I doubt it. It seems to be a rare occurance saved for the extra major cities. Still, I would flip out.

The One Direction concert is pretty much next door to tonight's Rush concert. In order to find the correct venue I guess I'll just avoid the teenaged girls and instead follow the middle-aged men :D
  • Like 4

This is a late show for those on the east coast to watch too.

Whoever shows up for this periscope thread, hope everyone has a good time!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'll probably watch at least some of it if there's a good feed.

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel very sad. Aside from the fact that I had the opportunity to go to Seattle but was unable to take advantage of it (Sunday will be a killer for me), there are only a few shows left to the tour.

We've had such a good time on so many of these periscope threads.

Remember Tulsa? How very very very excited we all were waiting for the show to begin? We had no idea what the set-list was going to be. Oh, did we have a blast that night!!

Edited by Lorraine

I wondered what you were going to do, but I just remembered you have a hard time sleeping, so this will be okay for you! :) To tell you the truth, I haven't slept well myself in weeks. I think it's the pills I'm on. I'd give anything for a restful and peaceful night's sleep sometimes.

I wondered what you were going to do, but I just remembered you have a hard time sleeping, so this will be okay for you! :) To tell you the truth, I haven't slept well myself in weeks. I think it's the pills I'm on. I'd give anything for a restful and peaceful night's sleep sometimes.

I generally have weird dreams when I do get to sleep so I have odd sleeping hours. I'm on some pills too that mess with REM cycles so that's no help.

I was hoping to get to see Natural Science in Portland, but now it looks like it will be a set B night. Still a great set, and different from set A which I already saw in ATL.

I really want to see Natural Science though. I may be able to squeeze another show in on the West coast; we'll see.

It'd be great if they did some sort of "super set" the last night in LA, such as doing Natural Science AND Camera Eye AND Losing It. I doubt it though.

At the same time I can't help but think the will do SOMETHING special and unexpected the last show (like maybe actually playing all of Garden Road, lol)...

Edited by rftag

Have you tried Imovane? Been taking them for a year. What a difference.