Some tour numbers are up

Detonator

WELLS FARGO CENTER, Philadelphia Attendance/Gross 13,476/13,476 ($1,340,006) SELLOUT

TOYOTA CENTER, Houston TX Attendance/Gross 11,434/11,434 ($1,046,297) SELLOUT

BELL CENTRE, Montreal Attendance/Gross 13,024/13,024 ($939,304) SELLOUT

BOK CENTER, TULSA Attendance/Gross 9,830/10,355 ($817,400)

Philly gig was #7 on the Billboard Top Concert Grosses chart:

http://www.billboard...ival-tour-sales

Edited by Detonator
  • Like 4

That's what you call going out on top. Funny though how the smallest place and the gig that people should've been the most excited about didn't sell out. Did word of the full setlist increase sales everywhere else?
  • Like 1

WELLS FARGO CENTER, Philadelphia Attendance/Gross 13,476/13,476 ($1,340,006) SELLOUT

TOYOTA CENTER, Houston TX Attendance/Gross 11,434/11,434 ($1,046,297) SELLOUT

BELL CENTRE, Montreal Attendance/Gross 13,024/13,024 ($939,304) SELLOUT

PRUDENTIAL CENTER, NJ Attendance/Gross 13,476/13,476 ($1,340,006) SELLOUT

BOK CENTER, TULSA Attendance/Gross 9,830/10,355 ($817,400)

Philly gig was #7 on the Billboard Top Concert Grosses chart:

http://www.billboard...ival-tour-sales

I do not think the NJ numbers are out yet. I have seen Philly numbers out there. If Rush can pull off grossing the same exact dollar amount in NJ as Philly, then they're definitely doing R42 ;)

Oops sorry.... I accidentally just recopied the Philly numbers. Fixed.

Thanks. Great post BTW. Philly comes out to average ticket price around $100. You couldn't get a ticket for $100 even if you had a nuclear sub to trade in. Interesting what the "real" gross was (what the promoter took in after secondary market releases). I worked the internet for weeks to come up with 3+ sections from stage three rows off floor for $240. Decent Floor seats were getting $300 - $700. Absolute Cheapest ticket on stubhub for weeks was $200. NYC and NJ were even more expensive.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

That's what you call going out on top. Funny though how the smallest place and the gig that people should've been the most excited about didn't sell out. Did word of the full setlist increase sales everywhere else?

I thought the same thing about Tulsa. Even if you didn't live in the area, if you had the money to travel about, that was a show to have been at.

It really might have that second set is special and brings people back who jumped ship.

I thought the same thing about Tulsa. Even if you didn't live in the area, if you had the money to travel about, that was a show to have been at.

I met a lot of people at Tulsa. I bet 3% of the people I met were Okies. People traveled far and wide for that one.

• Like 2

I considered traveling for it because I really wanted to be at an opening night for once. Ultimately decided that flying would be too much hassle and opted for Dallas as a second show since I could pretty easily drive there. Wish I could've watched Tulsa unfold live with the rest of you here, but I tried to stay spoiler free for a week till they hit Austin. :)

I considered traveling for it because I really wanted to be at an opening night for once. Ultimately decided that flying would be too much hassle and opted for Dallas as a second show since I could pretty easily drive there. Wish I could've watched Tulsa unfold live with the rest of you here, but I tried to stay spoiler free for a week till they hit Austin. :)

Ditto for me, but after crunching numbers on ticket prices I opted for Denver instead.

I bet a show like Tulsa barely saw any profit for them.

The band hasn't been reliant on ticket sales for decades.

They get a guarantee from the promoter.

Well if ticket sales were low, that would lower their guarantee for next tour...

R42

;)

• Like 2

I believe Madison Square Garden was a sellout too. And several other venues. Numbers are not just up yet.

If you think about it, how many bands/artists (besides country shit) can sell out venues like that year-in-year out... everywhere around the US?

Of course U2, AC/DC, DMB, Springsteen, Stones, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac and the other old farts... but besides them? Not so many. New bands and teen idols come and go... only these old guys are guaranteed draws.

2010 Rush ranked nicely among the top grossing acts (per gig)

http://archive.is/FDCj

Edited by Detonator
  • Like 2

Yep. These numbers are just for fun and have no bearing on the band's take-home pay. Whoever the promoter is says "okay, you'll do 35 shows? We'll pay you $xxx for it." Then the promoter routes the tour, etc., and gets the money.

Is this just ticket sales or does it include the sale of all Rush trinkets too?

I seriously doubt that that includes merch. While talking with "some people" last tour, the subject came up of how much each of them (Geddy, Alex, & Neil) make per show. What I was told is between $250K and $300K.

So, in answer to the other thread question: What are Geddy, Alex, & Neil doing right now? My guess would be... counting piles of cash! :D

Is this just ticket sales or does it include the sale of all Rush trinkets too?

I seriously doubt that that includes merch. While talking with "some people" last tour, the subject came up of how much each of them (Geddy, Alex, & Neil) make per show. What I was told is between $250K and $300K.

So, in answer to the other thread question: What are Geddy, Alex, & Neil doing right now? My guess would be... counting piles of cash! :D

After 40 years of touring... last 30 in the biggest arenas in the US and Europe... there's no ifs and buts... those "modest guys from Toronto" must be rich as hell. :D

• Like 1

Maybe you, or someone else here in the know, can explain that one to me.

I honestly have no idea of how any of this works. But one thing I have come to learn being here on TRF is that what I thought was a simple form of entertainment is actually quite a business and no different in many ways from how major corporations are run.

• Like 2

Comparing 2010 and 2015 average gross you can easily notice that in five years it has raised a little.....

A non-farewell farewell tour with inflated ticket prices will do that.

I can tell you with no degree of uncertainty that the numbers you see in the boxscore DO NOT include merchandise.

Merch is a completely separate entity and is handled by Showtech (RSBC people).

How can we get them to offer the Arf40 t-shirts for sale? I don't think there is one person on this forum who wouldn't buy one. In Zumbi's case, he would probably buy a dozen.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1