Mercury Reissues, MP and ESL what's going on?

tas7

Not seen a topic on this, but in high anticipation of replacing Moving Pictures and Exit Stage Left on vinyl, I went on Amazon to preorder as they are due out next week on the 24th July. But both Amazon US and Amazon UK are saying they are unavailable and would I like to know when they will be available. Anyone know what's going on?

Yeah. I have the same problem.

I pre-ordered two of each vinyl from Fly By Night to Exit Stage Left. And they have had really problems. With both Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. When I got my Hemispheres vinyls, they were a bit broken. So when I asked for a replacement, they said that Hemispheres is now unavailable. (Then I got Hemispheres for free!) And with Permanent Waves, it is late.. No idea when I will get it. And they have said that I will only get one copy of it, even thou I pre-ordered two!

I asked them what the problem is, and they said that they have got so many pre-orders that they have not been able to have enough vinyls for everybody.

They will get more in stock later thou they said!

I pre-ordered two of each vinyl from Fly By Night to Exit Stage Left. And they have had really problems. With both Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. When I got my Hemispheres vinyls, they were a bit broken. So when I asked for a replacement, they said that Hemispheres is now unavailable. (Then I got Hemispheres for free!) And with Permanent Waves, it is late.. No idea when I will get it. And they have said that I will only get one copy of it, even thou I pre-ordered two!

I asked them what the problem is, and they said that they have got so many pre-orders that they have not been able to have enough vinyls for everybody.

But I haven't even seen a pre order for either MP or ESL. Like you I've had no problems ordering the others although haven't ordered Permanent Waves as I have the original in excellent condition.

But I haven't even seen a pre order for either MP or ESL. Like you I've had no problems ordering the others although haven't ordered Permanent Waves as I have the original in excellent condition.

That is weird! I have not seen it myself, but I pre-ordered all the first day.

Originally, MP and ESL were going to ship together, just as 2112 and ATWAS shipped together previously. The date for ESL got changed though. The date for MP is July 24th. The new date for ESL, together with Signals now, is August 14th. I'm getting that from my orders page - I pre-ordered the whole shebang last year.

Having said that, it does appear that none of those three are available at all for new orders.

I clicked around and on the page for PeW, it says they're no longer offering it "because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item". Other albums can still be ordered - I checked CoS, for example.

Edited by danielmclark

Originally, MP and ESL were going to ship together, just as 2112 and ATWAS shipped together previously. The date for ESL got changed though. The date for MP is July 24th. The new date for ESL, together with Signals now, is August 14th. I'm getting that from my orders page - I pre-ordered the whole shebang last year.

Having said that, it does appear that none of those three are available at all for new orders.

I clicked around and on the page for PeW, it says they're no longer offering it "because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item". Other albums can still be ordered - I checked CoS, for example.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week then.

Amazon sent me a notice that MP shipped today and get to me on Friday. Seems that it's still unavailable for preorder/order.

was that the regular version or the box set with the t-shirt?

I'm going to order MP, ESL and Signals soon asking for a single shipment to Europe because I like to have the American pressings.

given the mess with amazon (US) does anybody know whether the copies sold by amazon canada (a possible alternative for me) are actually the 200g versions?

try pre-ordering through a local record store

I'm in Tasmania, local stores don't know who Rush is let alone ordering.

Im in Tassie too.They didn't know who Rush was 30 years ago.Try Tommy Gun records in Elizabeth Street,the specialize in vinyl imports.I got a Rush t shirt there!He knows who Rush is.
  • Like 1

Got my copy of MP today! Sounds perfect!
  • Like 1

I still have not got my Permanent Waves vinyls... I pre-ordered two of it, but still I have not got it...

Why oh why can´t I buy the vinyls on Rush official website!?