Satoru Iwata, you will be missed!

Super25Smasher

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata passed away at the young age of 55 on Saturday, due to a cancer-causing bile duct growth. He will be missed!
  • Like 1

I feel guilty, but my first thought was what the hell will happen to Nintendo now?

He seemed so vibrant as recently as E3. Perhaps that's why they went to videos?

Regardless, Iwata was a pioneer in the industry, and his contributions to gaming will not be forgotten.

• Like 2

Very sad indeed. It's a little tough for me to imagine Nintendo without Iwata at the helm. I didn't realize how numerous his contributions were.

They've still got Miyamoto though, who in my opinion is the only real choice for a successor at this point.

Edited by MeanMeanPride
  • Like 1

Very sad indeed. It's a little tough for me to imagine Nintendo without Iwata at the helm. I didn't realize how numerous his contributions were.

They've still got Miyamoto though, who in my opinion is the only real choice for a successor at this point.

I'm not sure they can afford to put Miyamoto into the purely business role....they need his ideas and oversight of game development, IMHO.

• Like 1

Miyamoto has expressed his desire to retire soon, so I doubt he'll want to take over as president.