Fountain of Lamneth

G Lee

I must not be taking the right drugs. I've never been able to get into this song.
  • Like 4

I must not be taking the right drugs. I've never been able to get into this song.

You can always complain to your local drug dealer.

Edited by Pete Bondurant
  • Like 1

^^ You have to be doing the really cheap acid for it to work ;). More earthy.
  • Like 2

I've loved it ever since I first heard it. At points this has been my favorite rush album. All I can say is, if you don't think you like it listen to it on headphones without interruption.
  • Like 4

^^ I listened to it on headphones and totally know what you mean :).

Parts of it, I love. Other parts, not so much. Overall, I hold a strong affection for it.

This passage is high up on my list of Rush's most perfectly evocative:

The mountain holds the sunrise in the prison of the night

'Til bursting forth from rocky chains the valley

Floods

With light.

• Like 3

One of my personal favorites of all time....

This song has always been on my bucket list to see live but still has never happened.

• Like 1

It's the one song I like off of Caress of Steel...or collection of smaller songs for that matter. Not their greatest epic, but a solid one. Great guitar work from Alex.
  • Like 1

Fantastic song, especially considering it was their first try at a side long piece. Some really great guitar solos, and killer lyrics
  • Like 4

Fantastic song, especially considering it was their first try at a side long piece. Some really great guitar solos, and killer lyrics

Agreed; it's really good. Really ambitious. And it just sounds awesome.

• Like 1

I think it's a classic. Like reading a good book. :)

I gave you a like even though I will have to take your word for the good book part... :)

The album doesn't have the consistency or directness of 2112 (aside from Bastille Day), but the soundscape, the playing, the emotion, and the ambition make this a super-solid Rush classic. My favorite track is most certainly FoL. No one at the bridge is of Soliloquy-level awesomeness as far as Ged's vocals are concerned.
  • Like 1

I gave you a like even though I will have to take your word for the good book part... :)

That's a real shame. Not about the like, but about the good book. To me, reading a good book is one of major joys in life.

• Like 1

My license plate was 'Lamneth' I've got '21I2' now. I think I've listened to Lamneth than any other song in the catalogue.
  • Like 4

I don't dislike CoS and fountain, but let's just say that nobody would be talking about it right now if it wasn't for what came after. They were lucky to survive that era.

That's absolutely not true - The Necromancer my number 2 RUSH song, and Bastille Day and Lakeside Park are favorites too

The first 3 albums are classic for me - Before And After, Working Man, What You're Doing, Finding My Way, In The Mood, By Tor, Anthem, In The End are the best of the best in my book

I think The Fountain Of Lamneth is unfairly seen as a stepping stone to what followed

To counter your point - I think The Fountain is unfair UNDERRATED because of what followed ....

• Like 1

:laughing guy:

You're a good man...

• Like 1