My Favorite Headache

G Lee

Geddy's bass playing is phenomenal, and reminiscent of Les Claypool in so many ways

Except that Les does about 99% slapping while Geddy doesn't. :D

• Like 2

Wasn't this where the somewhat unnecessary choirs of Geddy's and three tracks of bass all began? I was disappointed by his bass playing on the album although he stated that he didn't intend it to be a bass showpiece for his playing ability which is fair enough I suppose! Edited by New Digital Man

I like the record. The title track is my fave.... but I spin the whole thing from time to time.

One thing I noticed though... and maybe this deserves is own thread.

Listen to Victor. Listen to MFH. Hear the differences? To me, each record represented what each guy brought into Rush in that timeframe... late 90's. Lerxst with the edge, heavyness and general weirdness. Geds with the more melodic, accessable, and symphonic kind of stuff.

It's really interesting if you think about it.

• Like 1

Good Album- with Ben Mink and Jeremy Taggert. I know Jeremy and his brother James

Then ask him if he'll go on tour with Geddy and Alex for the Geddy, Alex and Friends tour featuring Victor and My Favorite Headache in about a year or so down the road.

Grace to Grace is my favourite track, and I also love Still, Slipping and Moving to Bohemia. I haven't heard it in full for a long time...will do so once I'm back from a business trip this week.
  • Like 1

I've had and been listening to the album for about a week and have really been enjoying it overall :).

It's a decent album. Easy to listen to and it doesn't need to be compared to Rush all the time.. It's Geddy and it's good!

.. And if you want to learn about Canadians you can listen to 'Home on the the Strange" because it actually hits the mark nicely and it's a fun tune =)

• Like 1

I've been spinning this one all week after seeing this thread pop up... it really holds up well. Just great songwriting all around. It's so interesting to listen to this and Victor because of what it reveals about how unique members of a band interact to form a whole. You get a sense of "Good thing that Alex guy came along to bring in some nasty riffs and heavy edge, and good thing that Geddy fellow vetoed all his pitches for spoken-word albums."
  • Like 2

Just wondering if the album is really worth a real listen/purchase?

What do you guys think of the album :)?

Soundgarden on helium

BOOOOOO!!!!! Hahahaha!! :P