Anyone like ELO?

Love ELO. Great songs and songwriting IMO.

"FACE THE MUSIC!!"

"Fire On High" is my all time favorite song by them. I've noticed that it's never on a Greatest Hits cd.

Greatest Hits are for soccer moms!

That's for an old poster on here who has been gone for years! PUPPETKING!!

• Like 1

There was a recent thread about ELO.

I like 'em. Too many good songs to like. IMO.

I like A New World Record and Out of the Blue the best.

Check out the Move! I can hear the grass grow...

I'm not that familar with solo-Roy Wood stuff. I have a Wizzard CD somewhere.

I quite enjoy elo. I play them on Spotify and their big album box set is very tempting.
  • Like 1

Yeah! Love them! My mother actually got me into them by mistake! She knew I was an ELP fan, and wanted to buy me some records for Christmas one year (back before just getting someone a gift card was the thing to do...) So she went into my room, and took note of the ELP albums I had and figured she'd go to a store, and just get titles I didn't have.

So Christmas eve, I opened a few albums...New World Record, Ole', ELO, and Face the Music! I was open to new things, so I started listening and fell in love...then Out of the Blue came out and I was totally hooked!

• Like 1

Yeah! Love them! My mother actually got me into them by mistake! She knew I was an ELP fan, and wanted to buy me some records for Christmas one year (back before just getting someone a gift card was the thing to do...) So she went into my room, and took note of the ELP albums I had and figured she'd go to a store, and just get titles I didn't have.

So Christmas eve, I opened a few albums...New World Record, Ole', ELO, and Face the Music! I was open to new things, so I started listening and fell in love...then Out of the Blue came out and I was totally hooked!

It's a shame ELO was totally disbanded.

I listen to their debut through discovery, and have been for a few years. I don't think I'll ever get into anything of theirs that comes after that other than select songs (e.g. I love "Twilight" and "Calling America" isn't unlistenable..)

These are the two songs by them I've been enjoying quite a bit lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaUD0BcyEUM

http://youtu.be/Le6qPPoh-OY

• Like 1

My pal Craig, who turned me onto Rush, also got me into ELO. Discovery was the keystone album that still resonates with me today.

I got "Time" for Christmas 1981. I love that album. There's only a couple of tunes on it that I find boring, and they aren't bad. But I like the music they made for the film "Xanadu". While the movie got bad reviews, the soundtrack was pretty popular. Also, I am familiar with many of their hit singles from before. "Shine a Little Love" being one.

A New World Record is amazing. It's been forever since I heard it though

Love them. Have everything.

A New World Record is perfect, and deserves a place among the very best rock albums of the mid-70s.

Agree. ANWR is a classic 70s rock album. Every note a gem.

Edited by Turbine Freight

Started listening to http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/02/22/ELO.jpg when I was a teenager and really liked it. Don't have any other records by them except a greatest hits.

Out of the Blue was the first album of theirs I had listened to and really liked it. I have a hits compliation called Strange Magic and it is always in the car when I take a trip. The 2nd cd especially, it has Mr. Blue Sky, Turn to Stone, Sweet Talking Woman from this album and Four little diamonds which I hadn't heard before but I learned to like it. I love playing it while I am traveling, it keeps me awake and energized.. :yay:

Edited by Rhyta

I bloody love E.L.O .

Into them before Rush !

The songs I heard were Rockaria and Livin Thing and then Mr Blue Sky came out and that was it .

Fan for life

A New World Record is up there in my all time fav`s and love

On The Third Day , Face The Music , Out Of The Blue and Eldorado are also brilliant

And as for Telephone Line ! :cool: