Hold Your Fire love-fest

G Lee

Listening to it again now. Goodness, I know it's a good album all around (well, almost), but every time I hear TSS I just wish the whole album sounded like that. That has got to be one of Rush's best ever songs, maybe even better than Limelight...

I think TSS is better then limelight.....but that's probably due to overexposure.

nevertheless TSS is a gem.

Mick

• Like 1

Listening to it again now. Goodness, I know it's a good album all around (well, almost), but every time I hear TSS I just wish the whole album sounded like that. That has got to be one of Rush's best ever songs, maybe even better than Limelight...

Disagree. I think everything save for the last two are better than TSS. Just my opinion and listen for yourself.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-nnkbDpRHc

:laughing guy:

Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Disagree. I think everything save for the last two are better than TSS. Just my opinion and listen for yourself.... :)

that version sucks balls. but pre-that version. it's beautiful.

Lol

Mick

It's my number 2 Rush album now. perfect........Save for those damn last 2. way to trip up boys, lol

anyway.....Prime mover is one of my very fav Rush tunes.

Mick

I just don't get how those last two are bad songs. Haha

They are AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they had a wonderful album at Turn the page, dammit, haha.

It's a real brain teaser those two, lol

Mick

Its a very trendy thing to say these days. I love High Water personally think its a great closer to a very good album.

i never knew it was trendy till i came here.

i just hate those 2 songs, lol always have.

Mick

Mick, you ole pace-setter you!! ;) :hug2:

lol

Lorraine

:)

• Like 1

That version didn't seem bad to me...

they play fine. but forgive me but ged totally looses all mouth function during that chrous, lol.

No offense to Ged, lol

Mush mouth city. i know he was sick....yada yada yada.

Mick

• Like 1

they play fine. but forgive me but ged totally looses all mouth function during that chrous, lol.

No offense to Ged, lol

Mick

:rfl: :sigh: I couldn't help myself posting that. Whenever I see TSS and Mick in the same general area code it pops into my head. The chorus especially....
  • Like 1

No offense to Ged, lol

Mick

:rfl: :sigh: I couldn't help myself posting that. Whenever I see TSS and Mick in the same general area code it pops into my head. The chorus especially....

Narps i know i can always get a cheap laugh from you with this vid, lol. Every time.

Add my side comments and you're done in, lol

Mick

• Like 1

No offense to Ged, lol

Mick

Narps i know i can always get a cheap laugh from you with this vid, lol. Every time.

Add my side comments and you're done in, lol

Mick

And he sounds so much worse on CAT. Was he sick for that as well??

You can all keep your HYF love-fest.

I'm going to start my own.

Hemispheres love-fest!

Really? It's been nice celebrating the more overlooked gems

• Like 3

Hemispheres love-fest!

Well then I'll start the love-fest for Rush's most Madri-cal album ever! (I will when I have time, anyway).

HYF was released when I became a fan. I put it alongside Floyds AMLOR for that reason as well as them both being released on the same day. Pretty cool. Two icons going in similar directions. They both looked really great on cd but I probabaly had the tapes first. Man those spent a lot of time in my Walkman!!
  • Like 1

HYF was released when I became a fan. I put it alongside Floyds AMLOR for that reason as well as them both being released on the same day. Pretty cool. Two icons going in similar directions. They both looked really great on cd but I probabaly had the tapes first. Man those spent a lot of time in my Walkman!!

2 similar directions indeed. but i think Rush did it a tad better. I hated the production on AMLOR. Some good songs on there though.

Mick

Hemispheres love-fest!

Agreed.

Presto should be next. "Thin" production, piccolo snare drum, and the lot!

• Like 1

Hemispheres love-fest!

Agreed.

Thin production to me goes to RTB. Presto could use more kick. but RTB is the light weight champ to me, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Hemispheres love-fest!

Agreed.

Thin production to me goes to RTB. Presto could use more kick. but RTB is the light weight champ to me, lol

Mick

Right on...I was just going with one of the more common complaints about Presto that I see around here.

Presto has two songs on it that I usually skip- and they're right next to each other. But the other nine are great great great.

• Like 1

Hemispheres love-fest!

Agreed.

Mick

Right on...I was just going with one of the more common complaints about Presto that I see around here.

Presto has two songs on it that I usually skip- and they're right next to each other. But the other nine are great great great.

Underrated gem, man, sadly underrated.

Mick

• Like 2

Well, the Fall of 1987 saw a lot of great classic rock albums being released. Yes released "Big Generator" a couple of weeks later and Jethro Tull had released "Crest of a Knave" in 1987, just not sure at what time of the year. I think the Who were going on one of their big tours.

Mick

Yeah. I may be biased because I prefer the songwriting on Presto overall to RTB (exceptions in both cases, of course), but Presto at least has some atmosphere. RTB jettisons the atmosphere but doesn't replace it with any bite.

• Like 3

Mick

Yeah. I may be biased because I prefer the songwriting on Presto overall to RTB (exceptions in both cases, of course), but Presto at least has some atmosphere. RTB jettisons the atmosphere but doesn't replace it with any bite.

Yea. it's like they cleared the slate. But forgot to fill the void. well i should say they filled it. just didn't fleash it out. if that makes sense.

Mick

• Like 1