Hold Your Fire love-fest

G Lee

I am not going to go through every page on this awesome thread.

I might have commented. I can't remember.

All I know is that "Hold Your Fire" is one of the greatest albums ever made! Many rip Tai Shan and High Water. LOL!

No musical sense of being.

So not even to mention that I love the record as a whole, but as a drummer I find it so fuckking fun to play too! Yep! I have a lot of buzzers and bells on my kit. My drum sets are both organic but I am still able to play along with each song despite all of Neil's electronic triggers and pads.

For instance, "Time Stand Still" is so amazing to play along too. Instead of using a drum pat to hit a high chime effect I will just use a cowbell that is perfectly placed in between a tom or two.

"Hold Your Fire" is "PERFECT WATER!"

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

Earl, brother, and you have the BALLS to come on here and rip Moving Pictures for being "commercial?" Aimee Mann on background vocals? Rat tail hairdos? Chess King wardrobes? All they needed was a "fukking" cover of I Ran.

;)

Although I love both Earl and HYF, I do agree with your sentiments!

All in good fun, Segue. :)

Ikr?!

WOOWOOWOOWOO

All I know is that "Hold Your Fire" is one of the greatest albums ever made! Many rip Tai Shan and High Water. LOL!

So not even to mention that I love the record as a whole, but as a drummer I find it so fuckking fun to play too! Yep! I have a lot of buzzers and bells on my kit. My drum sets are both organic but I am still able to play along with each song despite all of Neil's electronic triggers and pads.

For instance, "Time Stand Still" is so amazing to play along too. Instead of using a drum pat to hit a high chime effect I will just use a cowbell that is perfectly placed in between a tom or two.

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

Earl, brother, and you have the BALLS to come on here and rip Moving Pictures for being "commercial?" Aimee Mann on background vocals? Rat tail hairdos? Chess King wardrobes? All they needed was a "fukking" cover of I Ran.

;)

HAHAHAHA!!!! YEP!!! Cause as Bon would say, "I'VE GOT THE BIGGEST BALLS OF THEM ALL!!!!!!"

"MOVING PRODUCT" I mean "MOVING PICTURES" was the beginning of the end for corporate sell out arena prog rock. Some would say "PW" was the beginning!

Yes I hated "Time Stand Still" when it came out. TIL TUESDAY IS CRAP!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

;)

HAHA! Exactly!!! I sure has shit can dish it out, so I can take the heat too!!

All in good fun!

That's probably why 73 hasn't banned me yet! LOL!

I'm a friendly Troll who has almost a decade here. I've seen RUSH 60 times since 1984 so I have a nice track record.

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

;)

All in good fun!

I'm a friendly Troll who has almost a decade here. I've seen RUSH 60 times since 1984 so I have a nice track record.

I would hate it if you ever got banned.

I love to dispute with you!!

It's good fun and you confuse me with your views in a good way!! Haha

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

;)

HAHAHAHA!!!! YEP!!! Cause as Bon would say, "I'VE GOT THE BIGGEST BALLS OF THEM ALL!!!!!!"

"MOVING PRODUCT" I mean "MOVING PICTURES" was the beginning of the end for corporate sell out arena prog rock. Some would say "PW" was the beginning!

Love In A Vacuum and Voices Carry weren't bad tunes.

• Like 2

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

;)

All in good fun!

Your opinion would be hard to replicate, Earl.

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

;)

I saw Aimee Mann open for Bob Dylan, in 1996. She was very good.

Hold Your Fire was actually the last Rush album I listened too in its entirety. I was initially thrown off but after Prime Mover played in my ear buds one night while out walking I was mesmerized.

Hold Your Fire has become my favorite heavily synthed 80s album right after Power Windows.

Signed,

BLUE OYSTER CULT

;)

And the production of that album is pretty good too.