Hold Your Fire love-fest

G Lee

Let's not forget: I do believe Michael Jackson's "Bad" CD came out on September 8, 1987 as well.

I would pick Bad over HYF. I adore Michael Jackson's album streak from Off The Wall through to Dangerous.

i respect what Michael did in the music industry more then i actually enjoy his albums. Weird, lol. though Dangerous does not get the credit it should. i do enjoy that one.

Mick

Dangerous is amazing! I live his music, but oddly enough not sure I like the man himself. But in many ways he is fascinating!

I actually love his videos as well.

• Like 1

Just listened to this album for the first time in a while recently and I have to say that I never noticed how great Neil's drum work is on it! Some of the fills on HYF are insane! Edited by DirkPrattLerxst

Just listened to this album for the first time in a while recently and I have to say that I never noticed how great Neil's drum work is on it! Some of the fills on HYF are insane!

The basslines are insane as well.

I think HYF was Geddy's peak of bass playing, songs like Open Secrets and Prime Mover have some amazing bass lines.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst
  • Like 2

The only one I don't really like is Time Stand Still.

Arguably the best song on the album. It's up there in the top ten songs for Rush lyrics with me.

• Like 1

The only one I don't really like is Time Stand Still.

Arguably the best song on the album. It's up there in the top ten songs for Rush lyrics with me.

I think the song gets bagged on because it is the Tom Saywer of The Synth Era...over exposed.

Hold Your Fire is absolutely perfect. It probably wouldn't have won me over as a first Rush album, but it was the last Rush album I bought and I still think in many ways I saved the best for last.

Magical album. Everything is perfect. Some albums I rave about have an aspect where I can accept it isn't for everybody.

But like the dumb comments made about Zappa, this is an album where I feel sorry for those who do not get it.

I mean that as well. Very emotional, musically better than it may initially seem, and vocally it sees Geddy at his peak.

• Like 3

Still my fav Rush album. Would have been in my fav four album run but ya know......p/g always ruins everything.

but i love HYF.

Mick

I would have said P/G to Presto but I could live without Power Windows.

• Like 1

Still my fav Rush album. Would have been in my fav four album run but ya know......p/g always ruins everything.

but i love HYF.

Mick

Ya i could see that.......as i've seen you go hot and cold on Power Windows.

I could understand it. But Windows is my 2nd fav album.

Mick

• Like 1

but i love HYF.

Mick

Ya i could see that.......as i've seen you go hot and cold on Power Windows.

I could understand it. But Windows is my 2nd fav album.

Mick

Power Windows is great...but for the entire classic period it ranks in the bottom three.

But I love it more than what came later.

Great album but not one I have connected with. But that takes nothing away from it. Marathon and Grand Designs are two of my favourite Rush songs.

Gonna play the album now I have whet my appetite just thinking about it :)

• Like 1

Sucks balls.

No need to waste other words to describe it.

I didn't realise this was a thread about what we most like to do in our spare time.

But thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

Still my fav Rush album.

Mine as well. Four or five absolutely top-tier Rush albums, and Hold Your Fire (along with either Permanent Waves or Hemispheres, depending on my mood) is at the very top.

Brilliantly written and executed...it's just flawless.

• Like 2

Sucks balls.

I didn't realise this was a thread about what we most like to do in our spare time.

But thanks for sharing!

:laughing guy:

• Like 2

Sucks balls.

But thanks for sharing!

I sucked balls yesterday.........Malted milk balls

Mick

• Like 1

I'm going to listen to HYF right now.

I'll let you know if a love-fest ensues, or if I run out to the store later and buy a carton of mil chocolate malted balls.

i love HYF......but go for the malted milk balls.

freakin' delicious,

Mick

• Like 2

I'll let you know if a love-fest ensues, or if I run out to the store later and buy a carton of mil chocolate malted balls.

freakin' delicious,

Mick

I have never heard of these! Show the packet and I will see if I can get them in the UK!

• Like 1

freakin' delicious,

Mick

I have never heard of these! Show the packet and I will see if I can get them in the UK!

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/bluefox4000/Whoppers.jpg

Mick

• Like 1

freakin' delicious,

Mick

Mick

Oh wow they look amazing.

Nice balls Mick!

• Like 2

Open Secrets is a really beautiful song. Somehow I forgot about it. Poor Neil. I often wonder what was going on in his life that prompted some of these lyrics. I know he's has gone on record on saying they aren't autobiographical, but I don't buy that line at all.
  • Like 3

freakin' delicious,

Mick

Mick

Oh wow they look amazing.

Nice balls Mick!

I was gonna say something but no we're a family forum

Mick

• Like 2