Good evening, earthlings!

Pete Bondurant

Hello,

and thanks for accepting me here. I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself officially.

I'm a 41-year old man from Finland (pardon for my possible bad English, as it is not my native tongue), living with my wife and four kids (aged 12, 10, 8 and 4). The oldest daughter of mine lives already on her own, she's 21.

I work as a school teacher, and whenever I have free time I read a lot, listen to music (and sometimes play myself) and spend time with my family, doing whatever it is families do.

My first favourite bands were probably AC/DC, Motörhead, Whitesnake and such as a kid in the early eighties. Then, in 1984, I saw a video on tv, where three guys played a hypnotic song that had something special in it. Strange rhythms, a funny singing voice... The announcer said the band was called Rush and the song The Enemy Within. Next day I went to the local record store, bought Grace Under Pressure (as a cassette tape, I didn't have a record player back then) and that was the beginning of a love story.

Nowadays, besides Rush, I listen mostly to stuff from the 60's and 70's, for example Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Grateful Dead... Very few "new" artists have caught my attention ("new" meaning someone from my generation or younger!) Musically I think I was born 15 or 20 years too late... Would have loved to see Hendrix and Zeppelin and The Who at their prime playing live - and also Rush in the 70's. Damn. Wish I had a time machine.

Looking forward to spending nice moments around this forum. At least there is a lot to read here, lot of catching up to do. Perhaps I have something to say as well, occasionally...

I wish you all nice everything, and success in whatever it is you're doing now or in the future!

Edited by Pete Bondurant
  • Like 5

Welcome to the forum, Pete. Your story sounds very familiar. I think a lot of Rush fans can relate to it. I understand what you mean about the time machine. I would love to go back and see a lot of the bands I missed when I was younger, or was too young to see at the time.
  • Like 2

Welcome Pete! I hope Rush decide to tour Europe for all the great fans they have there.

I'd like to visit Finland someday. You mention English is not your native tongue, your post was well written. Some of us like to joke and use sarcasm, so if you read that someone is being a jerk in a post 90% of the time it is an attempt at humor. 10% of the time it is someone being an ass. We do really enjoy the music the band have given us through the years.

• Like 1

:hi: Welcome Pete :cheers:.

Musically I think I was born 15 or 20 years too late... Would have loved to see Hendrix and Zeppelin and The Who at their prime playing live - and also Rush in the 70's. Damn. Wish I had a time machine.

I agree with you there :) apart from in my case it's about 45 years. Although I do like quite a lot of new rock and metal bands.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Hi Pete from Finland. Hows the weather over there? Is it summer?

Sort of. In the Bible it rained 40 days and 40 nights, it was called apocalypse. Up here we call that summer.

Welcome Pete! I hope Rush decide to tour Europe for all the great fans they have there.

I'd like to visit Finland someday. You mention English is not your native tongue, your post was well written. Some of us like to joke and use sarcasm, so if you read that someone is being a jerk in a post 90% of the time it is an attempt at humor. 10% of the time it is someone being an ass. We do really enjoy the music the band have given us through the years.

I too like to think I use sarcasm. Usually my humour is drier than James Bond's Martini...

Welcome, any fan of James Ellroy is a friend of mine. Err and Rush.

Touché, you got me.

Welcome to TRF. Hanoi Rocks?....

Depends on the sauce.

• Like 1

Okay, Pete. You must be initiated. Are you or are you not part of the 90%?

I guess that's up to you to find out.

Okay, you're in.

• Like 1

Oooooooo yeah!

I love the smell of new forum buddies

• Like 1