The most underrated Rush album......

tx_rush

I am indeed guilty of under rating FBN, as it is one of the few Rush albums I haven't spent much time with (the others being Debut and Test for Echo).

I'm going to go out there on a limb and say Vapor Trails is underrated. It is a darn shame that the production quality was so bad originally (thank the stars for the Remixed version), and this turned many off to the record I believe. There is actually some fantastic songwriting on this album, and I feel it is a better collection of songs than Test for Echo or Snakes and Arrows.

Just my opinion though.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51eY9WVdbuL.jpg

Great album, as good as HYF & Presto....and so much better than Counterparts

• Like 2

I am indeed guilty of under rating FBN, as it is one of the few Rush albums I haven't spent much time with (the others being Debut and Test for Echo).

I'm going to go out there on a limb and say Vapor Trails is underrated. It is a darn shame that the production quality was so bad originally (thank the stars for the Remixed version), and this turned many off to the record I believe. There is actually some fantastic songwriting on this album, and I feel it is a better collection of songs than Test for Echo or Snakes and Arrows.

Just my opinion though.

Vapor Trails is great & yes underrated, a damn shame they didn't get the sound they were looking for...I'm not a fan of the remixed version

Fly by Night got me into RUSH(at the age of 10, the year it was released) and 2112 kept me...although there are parts of COS I like too. I pretty much love everything on FbN and 2112.

I've dusted off Feedback and am really digging it, as it is a great sounding effort, and Alex is on fire throughout. I'll give Feedback a nod as one of the most under-appreciated Rush projects for those reasons.
  • Like 1

I agree it is very underrated.

And on that note, I will proudly admit to underrating it myself. It is one of my bottom five Rush albums.

Of course it is Generation mYles.

Have ever seen RUSH live?

You should go post 30000 times on the Wham! Forum.

"Caress Of Steel" is the most underrated Rush album of all time.

It's a masterpiece. Perfect.

Sadly many Rush fans are brainwashed like the record executives who almost shitcanned Rush for that remarkable record.

To each their own!

Rush fans who hate the debut album aren't real Rush fans either in my humble opinion.

I would rather listen to the first Rush lp than any Led Zep record.

You all can agree to disagree with me.

I'm real.

Posers beware.

I agree it is very underrated.

And on that note, I will proudly admit to underrating it myself. It is one of my bottom five Rush albums.

Of course it is Generation mYles.

Have ever seen RUSH live?

You should go post 30000 times on the Wham! Forum.

"Caress Of Steel" is the most underrated Rush album of all time.

It's a masterpiece. Perfect.

Sadly many Rush fans are brainwashed like the record executives who almost shitcanned Rush for that remarkable record.

To each their own!

Rush fans who hate the debut album aren't real Rush fans either in my humble opinion.

You all can agree to disagree with me.

I'm real.

Posers beware.

That post is from 2015.

Whatever.

Clockwork Angels gets and has always gotten a lot of praise around here and I assume other Rush fan boards. I wouldn't consider it "underrated" but that's just my 2 cents lol

Agreed! I think it is in the Top 3 OVERRATED RUSH albums.

• Like 1

Agree completely

I have no idea why Geddy put it in the basement of the first 9 albums .. Not only is the album underrated, it contains the most underrated song in the entire RUSH catalog - In The End

I love this song so much I want it played at my funeral.

• Like 1

Agreed. The debut album truly rocks. People who hate it are Neil-ites. They seem to forget that it was Geddy and Alex that started the band...so the seeds of the classic Rush sound are definitely present and obvious. Try listening to it in the car on a summers day, long drive with the windows down...doesn't get much better. And Here Again is an underrated masterpiece. :heart:

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 1

Agreed. The debut album truly rocks. People who hate it are Neil-ites. They seem to forget that it was Geddy and Alex that started the band...so the seeds of the class is Rush sound are definitely present and obvious. Try listening to it in the car on a summers day, long drive with the windows down...doesn't get much better. And Here Again is an underrated masterpiece. :heart:

I am not a Neil-ite and I dislike the debut album. Not only that, but Here Again is the song that I dislike the most off that album. I would rate it as one of the worst RUSH original compositions ever recorded. Don't you find that the 1st album sounds like a band trying very hard to sound like Led Zeppelin? it doesn't really sound like RUSH at all to me. The only song that has any connection to what RUSH would become for me is Working Man. I can see the beginnings of who they would become in it. Otherwise, regardless of who is the drummer or the lyrics, it just sounds nothing like the RUSH I know and love from the 80s.

Agreed. The debut album truly rocks. People who hate it are Neil-ites. They seem to forget that it was Geddy and Alex that started the band...so the seeds of the class is Rush sound are definitely present and obvious. Try listening to it in the car on a summers day, long drive with the windows down...doesn't get much better. And Here Again is an underrated masterpiece. :heart:

I am not a Neil-ite and I dislike the debut album. Not only that, but Here Again is the song that I dislike the most off that album. I would rate it as one of the worst RUSH original compositions ever recorded. Don't you find that the 1st album sounds like a band trying very hard to sound like Led Zeppelin? it doesn't really sound like RUSH at all to me. The only song that has any connection to what RUSH would become for me is Working Man. I can see the beginnings of who they would become in it. Otherwise, regardless of who is the drummer or the lyrics, it just sounds nothing like the RUSH I know and love from the 80s.

No I don't hear Led Zeppelin when I play it...I hear Rush. And I hate Working Man...Bleh, talk about overrated.

Fine. I guess we won't be listening to each other's record collection then.

It should have been a poll.

You and your polls. Not everything has to be a poll. People can express their opinions without being lead by a poll. Maybe you ought to post a poll asking whether people think it should be a poll. Poll.

I'M NOT A POLL!!

YOU'RE A POLL!!

Edited by Alien Girl