• A
    • Broadsword and the Beast
    • Crest of a Knave
    • Rock Island
    • Catfish Rising
    • Roots to Branches
    • J-Tull Dot Com
    • The Jethro Tull Christmas Album

I know some of these definitely NOT going to be picked! laugh.gif Actually, ya never know, someone, somewhere, might think Rock Island is Tull's greatest accomplishment.

confused13.gif

Tull has many infallible (well, to me sarcasm.gif ) works, but among them, I find Thick As a Brick to be their opus. Man, that song rules.

Anyway . . .

unsure.gif

What do you think?

I'm going with Minstrel in the Gallery. Aqualung and Thick as A Brick are very close behind but overall I think that one is my favorite. I have to say though, usually when I feel the need for a Tull fix, I usually head to disc 2 of the 20 Years of Tull box set. Just love The Chateau D'Isaster Tapes, Beltane, Jack-A-Lynn, Part of The Machine, pretty much all of it. But that wasnt on there tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 18 2005, 09:00 PM)
I'm going with Minstrel in the Gallery. Aqualung and Thick as A Brick are very close behind but overall I think that one is my favorite. I have to say though, usually when I feel the need for a Tull fix, I usually head to disc 2 of the 20 Years of Tull box set. Just love The Chateau D'Isaster Tapes, Beltane, Jack-A-Lynn, Part of The Machine, pretty much all of it. But that wasnt on there tongue.gif

I only included official studio releases. tongue.gif

QUOTE (SheriffJohnBrown @ Aug 18 2005, 07:02 PM)
Thick As A Brick's the leader so far. I'm not sure if the results are conclusive yet though.

unsure.gif

No offense, but you'll never get accurate results, as I'd be surprised if anyone other than 1 or 2 people have actually heard all or even most of their albums to make a fair assessment. I'm not voting personally, not because I don't have all their albums (I don't - I have maybe 6 Tull albums or so), but becasue my favorite one is missing! ohmy.gif

1968 This Was

1969 Stand Up

1970 Benefit

1971 Aqualung

1972 Thick As A Brick

1972 Living In The Past

1973 A Passion Play

ETC...

http://www.lyrics.com/j/jethro.tull/living.in.the.past.jpg

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 19 2005, 05:41 AM)
Thick As A Brick's the leader so far. I'm not sure if the results are conclusive yet though.

unsure.gif

No offense, but you'll never get accurate results, as I'd be surprised if anyone other than 1 or 2 people have actually heard all or even most of their albums to make a fair assessment. I'm not voting personally, not because I don't have all their albums (I don't - I have maybe 6 Tull albums or so), but becasue my favorite one is missing! ohmy.gif

1968 This Was

1969 Stand Up

1970 Benefit

1971 Aqualung

1972 Thick As A Brick

1972 Living In The Past

1973 A Passion Play

ETC...

http://www.lyrics.com/j/jethro.tull/living.in.the.past.jpg

Sorry. I didn't include compilations. Only studio albums. I debated putting it on, as it does have all the great non-album tracks and a few live performances, and it's an essential in a Tull fan's collection. Nevertheless, it's as much a compilation as Pink Floyd's Relics. That's why it wasn't included.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 19 2005, 05:41 AM)

unsure.gif

No offense, but you'll never get accurate results, as I'd be surprised if anyone other than 1 or 2 people have actually heard all or even most of their albums to make a fair assessment.

That quote was a joke, BTW. I was the only voter, so that TaaB was 100%.

Minstrel in the Gallery-based on the strength of the title track alone-a favorite

Not supremely qualified to vote though,most of my Tull experience is through the compilations,love "a little light music" too.

My last Tull purchase was "Roots to Branches",never gave it much a chance.

Shame on me?

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Aug 19 2005, 08:03 PM)
Shame on me?

yes.gif

That's arguably the best all-original Tull studio in the 90's.

Of course, there's a lot of suck (Another Harry's Bar??), but most of it is great Tull material. The title track, "Rare and Precious Chain," "This Free Will," "Valley," "Dangerous Veils," Tull classics IMO.

Gotta go with Passion Play just cause its less repetitive than Thick As A Brick but its a close 2nd. Amazon.com come doesn't even carry Roots to Branches. What are they thinking?

QUOTE (Mongo @ Aug 20 2005, 12:43 PM)
Gotta go with Passion Play just cause its less repetitive than Thick As A Brick but its a close 2nd. Amazon.com come doesn't even carry Roots to Branches. What are they thinking?

It's out of print. They really should put it back into production . . . they are still working on Tull reissues. Maybe someday they'll get to 1995.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 20 2005, 05:02 PM)
I remember when Thick As A Brick went out of print.  I bought my copy just a couple months before it happened, glad I decided to jump on it when I did.

Hey, I bought my copy used. It's probably waiting for people at used record stores as well as ebay . . . it's not rare.

Roots to Branches I mean.

QUOTE (SheriffJohnBrown @ Aug 18 2005, 10:01 PM)
I know some of these definitely NOT going to be picked! laugh.gif Actually, ya never know, someone, somewhere, might think Rock Island is Tull's greatest accomplishment.

confused13.gif

Tull has many infallible (well, to me sarcasm.gif ) works, but among them, I find Thick As a Brick to be their opus. Man, that song rules.

Anyway . . .

unsure.gif

What do you think?

Whatever happened to SheriffJohnBrown?? He seems like an interesting character...

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Feb 25 2011, 12:27 AM)
In the other poll I voted Aqualung so this time I'll go with Thick As A Brick. Can't really decide either way. Good thing there's two polls!

Aye...

I voted strategically for A Passion Play even though I wouldn't say it's absolutely the best...

ph34r.gif

Didn't I see you in chat earlier Silas?

unsure.gif

And yeah it's good to have many polls...as the stripper said to the bishop...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 25 2011, 12:36 AM)
In the other poll I voted Aqualung so this time I'll go with Thick As A Brick. Can't really decide either way. Good thing there's two polls!

Aye...

I voted strategically for A Passion Play even though I wouldn't say it's absolutely the best...

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

Not a bad choice though, Duck. It is pretty brilliant as well and one of Tull's 5 best.

I was hoping you'd stick around and chat but alas you cut and ran. confused13.gif sad.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Feb 25 2011, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 25 2011, 12:36 AM)

Aye...

ph34r.gif

unsure.gif

trink38.gif

laugh.gif

I was hoping you'd stick around and chat but alas you cut and ran. confused13.gif sad.gif

trink38.gif

Yeah well I like to mess with Rushgoober's head by first vowing never to come in chat when his show is on, then suddenly arriving in there just when he least expects it, then just when everyone thinks I'm staying in there...whoooosh I'm gone... ph34r.gif ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

No, to be honest I had to Rush off at that moment...

trink38.gif

Archived